Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

Sunday Time Keeper. A Short Story. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Sunday Time Keeper. A Short Story. (523 Views)

Why I Love The Color Black *a Short Story Of Sexual Abuse* / Behind The Mask - A Short Story / Don't Laugh Me, Love Me ( A Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sunday Time Keeper. A Short Story. by presh654(m): 10:17pm On Aug 19, 2018
*TIME KEEPER*

*A STORY*

*by PTG (PHANTOM)*

CHAPTER ONE (Debate)

Its been 240days, 7 hours, 7 minutes since she last had sex.
Oh yeah, she did all that calculation while the Sunday service was going on. Time was 11:07:05 am, and Stephanie's mind once again went to debate with her body and soul, this time she was the time keeper and the sermon of today was the panel of judges.

The Pastor was preaching on a topic 'One with God', it was a captivating piece. It's been an hour since the service started, the praise and worship session, though a bit rowdy it was uplifting, but at this moment tranquility reigned. Everyone was listening attentively. Everyone except Stephanie, her mind wandered.

"Now if you cannot control your primitive human desires and cravings, you will soon become a slave to them... ". Steph's Pastor preached with energy.

"It may be hard but not impossible, you just have to start small by reducing the rate at which you crave that primitive emotion and you will gradually be able to control it"......

Steph's mind jolted back to the present and her pretty face entertained a frown. She had been doing exactly what the pastor said in his last statement. 240days! She felt she could do more justice to preaching this topic than the Pastor could. After all he is married and free to 'crave' at any time. What does he know about "Denying your human cravings?... ". She asked no one in particular, except her thoughts.

Her mind wandered to last sex she had. It was on the 21st of December 2017. Her ex was returning from Jos that day. He had been away for 3 months, working at a consulting firm in Mangu Jos. They had earlier planned on her going to Jos, but that didn't seem to be he best option since he was coming to Port Harcourt for the December Holiday's.

Tony Stephanie's ex was a faithful guy, nice, loving and caring too, but he had just one flaw. He was never around. His physical presence was always lacking in the relationship. The good part of this flaw is that, he is aware of it and always strived to make up for time lost.

Stephanie recalled how excited she had been, like a secondary school girl newly in love. Tony was an idol to her, she adored him. He had an average athletic build, a handsome oblong face, thick beard, nice lips and big ears. Steph loved him for who he was and also for his sexual prowess. Three long months they had been communicating via calls, and WhatsApp, sex-chatting,video calling, basically f****** themselves over social media. It was a sensual torture for her, "but today it ends", Steph recalled thinking as she was dressing up to meet him that day. Tony was to arrive by 2pm that day and he had texted her to meet up by 4pm at the Kilimanjaro restaurant in his area. She remembered arranging a set of undies, toiletries and Tony's birthday gift she had gotten for his birthday which was in October, into her handbag.

They had met around 4:30pm; Steph remembered every single detail. She had arrived earlier, sat and waited for him inside the eatery spot. He stepped inside, he was on a casual outfit, a black Polo shirt, dark blue trousers and black leather sandals. Her idol; here in flesh. They had taken soft drinks and talked for a while catching up with time, but deep down in her heart she had known that 'talking' wasn't what she came for. She had told him she had a gift for him but won't show him until later. He had told her he had plans of hanging out with friends that evening and he would like her to come with him. She had agreed.

Hotel De Scorpio.
That was the name of the Hotel he took her. She could recall because the manager of the hotel is a friend of Tony's. He allowed them to use the VIP lounge, where they relaxed and waited for Tony's friends.
seun
pradoic
lalasticlala
centino
Re: Sunday Time Keeper. A Short Story. by presh654(m): 10:22pm On Aug 19, 2018
"The very moment you achieve this control over your emotions, then you start getting one with God... "

"You start getting closer, and become one , because God is already near to you, but you choose being close to your human desires instead of God. " the Pastor enthused.

Steph pondered about that statement for a bit, she just couldn't comprehend, she believed she had achieved a level of control, but she felt so far away from God than before she started being celibate. It is natural to crave sex, once you are an adult, it is an undeniable aspect of life. Shey its God that created it and made it so, she thought.
So is denying herself what God created humans to crave, supposed to draw her closer to God?

If sex be for procreation purposes in marriage only, why were we not born without sexual organs and only develop it when we get married?

Why then did God create the sensation of having sex?
It could have been made a dry unsensual emotionless act that is only for one reason, "go out and populate the world". These questions floated freely unanswered in her thoughts.

'Sensual', yes that word described perfectly what she experienced that very day. Tony was everything and sensual. It was eating your cake and having it back. And what a caramel topping cake he was. She recalled vividly.......

" Why did you not finish your drink? ", Prince, Tony's friend had asked her.

" I'm not feeling too well", she said

"Okay, whats wrong? Are you sick? "

"No, just a stomach ache, i can't take in anything again, it will upset my stomach".

" Eehya kpele, Oya wait here let me go and call tony. "

Tony had gone to the bar to order for more drinks, so Prince went up to him and they talked. Stephanie recalled.
She had lied to Prince. She was not having stomach ache. She was feeling Hot and needed to be alone with Tony. Though she took only one and a half bottle of Star Radler, she had felt a little bit light headed and the side effect was 'arousal'.

Steph fanned herself with the service hymn leaflet. The church AC units were on, but she felt hot.

She turned sideways and sighted her cousin Tara seated far right of her, their eyes connected and she winked at Tara. Tara winked back. Steph then palmed her Andriod phone, and searched her picture gallery while reminiscing the past.

Tony and Prince had returned with drinks and a sizeable barbecue fish. Prince's girlfriend Nnena had dived the barbecue fish like she did not just finish eating a whole sharwarma moments before.

"Babe, whats wrong? Tony asked.

" Nothing much, my stomach is turning me"

"Sorry, should i get you drugs or something, is it the drink that caused it?"

"No no, i just need to rest can we go out the music is loud sef. "

"Ok , i already booked a room for you to stay, should we go now? "

"Yes".

Tony had told Prince to wait for him. They had climbed upstairs to the room, Room No 47, she couldn't forget even if her life depended on it. They had entered and Tony had checked the time saying it was 5:45pm, that she should rest and he will be coming back in 30 minutes.

"Tony. "

"Yeah. "

"Stay with me small, we'll go down together. ", she had said.

"Okay. "
Re: Sunday Time Keeper. A Short Story. by presh654(m): 10:29pm On Aug 19, 2018
Steph has an extraordinary memory, she could recall every face, every word, and each tiny detail normal people tend to forget and summarize, but she couldn't recall who kissed who first. The only beginning she could picture after he said 'okay' they were kissing already.

Steph knew she was endowed, and she had the curves that would make young poor men do money rituals and rich married men divorce their wives, but she tends to forget once in a while. Tony always took it as a duty to remind her. He had grasped her behind while kissing her. Tony loved 'thick', something he could grab. And boy that grasp did remind Steph that she was thick. He wasn't aroused yet, because she felt nothing when he drew her hips closer to his. She had thrown her hands around his neck and pressed her lips firmly on his, inserting her tongue parting his lips and sucked on his lower lip slowly in one swift motion. She was a great kisser and she flaunts it. It was not long, she felt something hard against her thighs, she had known he was turned on like a 100 watts electric bulb.

Tony had released her ass, still kissing her, he stepped backwards and she followed, still locked in lips tango. He had bent his hand backwards fumble with the door, and managed to lock it.
They had stepped forward and he helped her UnCloth slowly, planting kisses on each and every part of her sexy body that he exposes while undressing her, her arms, inner elbow, her shoulder, her neck, the belly button, he smothered Steph with kisses, till her breath came deeply in intervals. She had laid on the bed naked save bra and panties.

Though they had both waited long for this, Tony was never one in a hurry, he could spend hours worshiping her giving her climaxes. He was a selfless lover. Though when he took he took as much as he gave.
Tony had taken off his clothes and stood nude in front of her. She squirmed on the bed. She had been eager.
So she had quickly slipped off the hands of her bra, turned it around and unhooked the strap herself. Her voluptuous well rounded breasts assumed an inviting stance on her chest once free from its cage.

Steph unknowingly dropped her phone on her lap and closed her eyes. She was reliving the experience once again.

Tony needed no invitation, he took her left breast with his right hand and caressed her left nipple and proceeded to paste kisses on her right breast like permanent tattoos. His hand texture were in between mildly rough and perfect. Steph remembered sighing deeply and relaxing, with a feeling of sinking into the bed. She had caressed his head as he started sucking on her right nipple. This was bliss. Tony had then disengaged his right hand from her left breast and moved downwards to her sexual epicentre. As he slipped his hands inside her panties, she arched her hips upwards making it easier for him to find her velvety soft core, which he rubbed his palm over a couple of times before inserting his index and middle finger at the same time.

"Uhhhhhuhhhh. "

Stephanie let out a mild gasp for breath, jolting back to reality with a start.

Her android phone and hymn leaflet fell off her lap. The Lady seated next to her said..

"Sorry o, let me help you".

The Lady helped her pick up the phone and leaflet and gave it to Steph.

" Thank you, i must have shifted slightly. "

The Lady rolled her eyes.

"Oh really, your eye's were closed and your mouth was moving i thought you were praying. "

Steph managed to hide a frown. She checked if the phone was broken. Luckily it was not.

"No i wasn't, thank you. "

She picked up her handbag from the tiled floor by the her seat and put in her phone and booklet, then she kept the bag on her lap.
She was so aware she was wet. As in so 'fucking dripping wet!', in church!!

She shifted uneasily on her seat, her mind was in turmoil, her soul needed relief, and her body, her body,....., she adjusted her behind on the seat again, her brows crossed; Her body needed sex.

If Stephanie could do everything, one thing she could never do was to decieve herself. She loved sex and that was not a ticket to hell fire. And the very moment she accepted that fact about herself, she felt peace!.
It was her own 'human craving' which she had to 'control', going by what the Pastor said. By the Lord's strength, she had been fighting his 'craving' that is being predicted to turn her into a 'slave'. She had took one step of celibacy, but was it the right step?.

"And the church shall say Amen, and Amen"

"It shall be well with us all. Now before we share the grace have this at the back of your mind. Until you embrace the fact that you have a flaw and ask God to help you, you cannot find resolution...... "

"Self acceptance is the first right step to Resolution. "
The Pastor summarized.

"May the lord help us all. "

"Amen!!!!!! " the church congestion chorused

"The Grace.. "

"May the grace of our Lord.......... "

*Epilogue*

Steph stepped outside the service hall, she wanted to get home fast. She knew her cousin Tara would be somewhere in the church premises attending a Unit meeting or something, but she won't wait. She checked the time, 12:35pm. She crossed over to the other side of the road.
The Pastor's words rang in her head.

"Self Acceptance is the first right step to Resolution. "

She stopped a Keke and got in.

"I will stop at YKC. "

"Okay. ", the driver said and moved.

Steph brought her phone out from her bag.

"SELF ACCEPTANCE.... "

She opened contacts menu and scrolled down. She got to a contact saved as 'PHANTOM', then she hesitated a bit.....

"..... THE FIRST RIGHT STEP TO RESOLUTION"

She dialed it.

"Hello"

"Hello Tony its Steph....... "
Re: Sunday Time Keeper. A Short Story. by Gentle034(m): 11:48pm On Aug 19, 2018
I don book space

1 Like

Re: Sunday Time Keeper. A Short Story. by presh654(m): 4:03pm On Aug 29, 2018
Gentle034:
I don book space

If its only because of you. I will continue this writeup. Though I'm busy, I will. Be ready to be blown. Thanks.
Re: Sunday Time Keeper. A Short Story. by presh654(m): 5:19pm On Sep 05, 2018
gentle034

CHAPTER TWO (The Contractor)

"Boma NDU?" Prince asked loudly.
"No, she no go come. Excuse full im body." A deep craked voice replied in pidgin from inside the kitchen of Tonys self-contain apartment.
"Kristy U P?", Prince called while still swiping through Tonys phone, half seated on the right arm of the fading brown single seater couch in Tonys bedroom.
Tony came into the room wiping his hands on a towel. " Who?" he asked.
"Kristy U P", Prince said impatiently.
Tony shook his head and sat down on his bed. " That one no gogo agree to sleep over," he said. "No call am."
"Who be Angela sef?" Prince continued with the supposed 'rollcall'.
Tony threw the towel on the side stool by the bed, cleared this throat and replied with a more guttural voice, " Omo na one fish o, but she too like money abeg, upon say she worwor die, mstcheew", he hissed, "leave am."
"Hmmm, okay o," Prince smirked. "Guy wetin do your voice na?" He relaxed fully on the arm of the couch, " You don thief the meat for that kitchen chop finish?" he asked.
"Omo na pepper o! i say make I taste the meat to see if e fry well".Tony replied in a frog like voice.
Prince scrolled down the phone screen faster, "Better thunder don fire you be that, What of Succy?" he asked.
"Ahh Succy!" Tony exclaimed. "Guy i don dey find that babe number, I been think say I delete am?" he stood up and walked towards Prince.
"Tonero choose one babe call abeg, u know say you no fit go this dinner alone," Prince said while adjusting the phone screen for Tony to see, "Oga Zeus no go hear shoot bird mama fly o!" Prince concluded.
"Guy relax I no want carry anyhow person go there, wey go fall my hands" Tony said "gimme make I see," he gestured for Prince to give him the phone.
Tony collected his phone from Prince and immediately it started ringing.
"Ah who dey call me with unknown number?" he said, then cleared his throat and picked the call.
"Hello", he said, his face slowly wearing a frown
"Hello Tony its Steph....... "

"Steph?" It was a female voice. Tony forehead quickly loosed its crease with recognition; he switched to speaking English. " Sorry but I cant recall and your number is not saved on my contact list," Tony said.
"Its Stephanie, so you dont have my number eh Tony?," the female voice on the phone said.
Tony faked present recognition, "Oh Steph, how are you now, long time. Sorry, I flashed my phone recently I lost all my phone contacts." He lied. Tony had deleted her number the very day they broke up.

"Okay, uhmm are you in town, can I see you?"

"Yeah Im around, hope everything is cool?" Tony inquired.

"Yeah yeah, just that its been a while, thinking of dropping by to say hi."

An idea flashed through Tonys bulb of a brain, he smiled mischievously and replied, "Okay thats aiit. Uhmm say we meet this evening?"

"Okay, where?"

Prince was giving Tony a 'what the Bleep do you think youre doing?' stare, Tony ignored him and continued his call convo. "I'll text you the address, after this call", he said while walking back into the kitchen.

"Okay bye, see you."

"Yeah bye", Tony waited for Steph to drop the call, then proceeded to inspect the white rice he was boiling.
"Baba you don dey madt abi?" Prince asked rhetorically from the kitchen entrance.
"Mad as how? Wetin happen?" Tony answered like a true Nigerian, he fetched more water from the tap on the kitchen sink, feigning indifference.
"You dey arrange hangout? Who be that sef? You don forget say you get meet-up with Lord Zeus?" Prince fired a barrage of questions at once, he noticed Tony adding water to the pot, "The food never still done, I dey H o," he whined. Prince lived for food.
"U dey H, I resemble ya mama?," Tony fired back, closing the pot "Guy for that Oga Zeus matter, e don settle. Just call Tomama arrange ya side." They both walked back to the bedroom. Prince sat on the bed looking worried but Tony was more relaxed than ever.
"Okay Tonero, I believe you sha, but make fuckup no dey." Prince eased up on the bed. "But guy i gats CHAO before I go carry Tbaby na" Prince whined again.
"Oboy I be ya girlfriend? You wan chop so you go get strength nak tomama one round before una come out, e don purge you today", Tony smirked.
Prince stood up to leave, "Guy no be because of rice you go insult me o, I don ball."
"Call me when una dey come out, no waste time o." Tony walked him to the door. They bumped fist, and Prince left.

Tony was lost in his thoughts, he planned, strategized and re-strategized, when satisfied that every piece fell into place, he proceeded to devour a quick meal. He could spot only one possible monkey wrench in his well-designed machinery, and that was his last minute addition of STEPH

(1) (Reply)

Who Am I? / Foremost African Philosopher, Prof Sophie Oluwole, Dies At 83 / The Beast Of Princess Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.