Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,476 members, 7,861,377 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:04 AM

Falana Reacts To Lagos As "World’s Third Worst City" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana Reacts To Lagos As "World’s Third Worst City" (21717 Views)

Nigeria Third Worst Governed Country In The World - CGGI / Falana Reacts As DSS Rearrests Omoyele Sowore / Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falana Reacts To Lagos As "World’s Third Worst City" by Ijaya123: 9:39am On Aug 20, 2018
FarahAideed:
Only a fool will attempt to denounce that fact... The report was even generous to place Lagos 3rd worst because if looked at deeper Lagos is even worse than Dhaka and Damascus pound for pound ... Lagos is a city of 20 million inhabitants with no single access to public potable water ( just imagine ) , very poor access to electricity, one police man to 1500 people ( this makes Lagos the most under policed city in the world) , 70 percent of the population still live on unplanned mud pans and swamps like reptiles , 60 percent of Lagosians have no access to toilet and poo in dugout holes of polythene bags ( shot put), 70 percent of the available roads in Lagos are either underdeveloped or in some rumbly state ... the truth is that Lagos needs a special intervention status from the Federal govt of it will ever grow to be the Eko Miami we all dream of

Can we see the source of these contraptions you put up here.
Re: Falana Reacts To Lagos As "World’s Third Worst City" by anochuko01(m): 9:39am On Aug 20, 2018
bbb
Re: Falana Reacts To Lagos As "World’s Third Worst City" by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 20, 2018
Not far from the truth.

3 Likes

Re: Falana Reacts To Lagos As "World’s Third Worst City" by Butoneday2(m): 9:42am On Aug 20, 2018
Oga falana ur reaction won't make lagos the best city , lagos is a pool state and a stinking smelling drainages evry wia. angry quote me don't give a fucvk

4 Likes

Re: Falana Reacts To Lagos As "World’s Third Worst City" by moufan: 9:43am On Aug 20, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

Let them blame Saraki for that too undecided

When indeed charity begins at home!

Is Lagos not the headquarters of APC

Fashola was the best thing that happened to Lagos state!

Ambode needs to eat the humble pie and borrow a leaf from Fashola!

Cause aside the roads which is now taking donkey years no other thing seems to be working!

This is not the Lagos we saw under Fashola! I hope it will not relapse to what it use to be

Something needs to be done urgently!
leave lagos and go back to your state.ambode is miles better than fashola.ambode is getting reelected in a landslide,nobody is even contesting against him cos they know ambode has done well
Re: Falana Reacts To Lagos As "World’s Third Worst City" by Durchmann(m): 9:46am On Aug 20, 2018
Currently, Lagos has no functional waste disposal system. We have reverted back to the use of "molla" to clear waste from our premises.
Another thing, Lagos doesn't have a functional transport system and even though work is ongoing in that area , the roads are deteriorating by the day causing avoidable suffering in traffic jams. I'm not talking of traffic jams caused by too much vehicles O! I'm talking of traffic jams due to bad roads and a dysfunctional transport system. Please understand the difference between both.
Another thing is sewage disposal and toilet systems. There are still slums in Lagos where even a common mobile toilet cannot be found. In fact, the approach the state government takes to solve or alleviate problems like this is not encouraging at all. Its either the slums are cleared forcefully and new expensive housing units are built on the recovered property or raids are carried out and recovered property are used for creating aesthetic parks. For those areas that still remain, "shotput" system is still the order of the day. Do not try to walk under Lagos flyovers at night. This is not an advice but a warning.
Finally, even basic social amenities are also lacking. I don't know the last time I used pipe borne water in Lagos. In fact, I doubt if the water line flows through my area. Everyone has to provide his water and security and these are not done at easy cost to the pocket.
Lagos is not a city in war but sometimes, you're forced to think that we may never go above this level of disorder in our community.
Falana is a travelled man. He should push sentiments aside and say it as it is. A city is not all about the affluent sections but about basic functional amenities. That's what makes a city.

PS: If you noticed, I didn't broach the issue of Electricity supply. Your guess is as good as mine.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falana Reacts To Lagos As "World’s Third Worst City" by obi58: 9:49am On Aug 20, 2018
Please no one should rubbish the Lagos where my Ambode is working!

Can't you see the world class bus station and bus stops Ambode has been building?

What of the roads Ambode has been patching everywhere? Even if they are not well built at least now we are seeing roads without portholes compared to before. The remaining will be completed before 2023.

Again are they not aware we have been building a world class light rail system since 2008 of which phase 1 will be completed by 2022? Please don't ask me any question about how much has been spent and how long phase 1 is going to be. Just suffice it to know that Ambode is working.

Again our enemies are not aware that Lagos is now one of the cleanest cities in the world now we have privatised refuse collection. ABI na lie I blow?

Another project of note is our Eko Atlantic city which is going to be world class and provide great economic development to the state. If you can't afford to live there, obviously you have not yet embraced the Lagos spirit of hustle. So you need to double it. If you know you know.

Are they even aware that Lagos houses Banana Island where our big boys stay and properties are priced in dollars?

Are they even aware that we are building one of the largest refineries in the world?

Are they aware that transportation is so cheap now in Lagos that with a few thousand naira you can afford to Uber? Are they not even aware that our great Governor Ambode has put in place plans to change all our danfos to air-conditioned buses? Kimon!

For those complaining about shot putting and shalanga are they not aware that these provide plenty of nutrients to our soil so that what you will plant for 3 months outside Lagos will take just 1 month in Lagos.

Again are they not aware that accommodation in Lagos is soooo cheap that you can get a decent 2 bedroom apartment for just 500k per annum or more? Where can you find a cheaper city?

Even did I tell you that all this wonderful work ongoing is being funded by the multiple taxes being paid by we industrious Lagosians. Our government no dey play on top tax collection that is why we are number 1 in Africa in terms of IGR and you can see what the money is being used for.

Make Una no make me talk too much joorr Eko cannot baje ooo when our darling Ambode is working! That report was released by those lazy IPOB youths who are enemies of progress.

4 Likes

Re: Falana Reacts To Lagos As "World’s Third Worst City" by fabianiyobosa(m): 9:52am On Aug 20, 2018
The international airport in Lagos is a nightmare. I have only flown out of Nigeria once, and flown in three years later after completion of my course. When I arrived Murtala International Airport in Lagos, I almost fainted because everywhere was hot and while waiting to pick up my luggage, power went off. The walls of the airport is sooooo dirty.

Some persons might bash me, but when I stepped out of the airport, right at the entrance, I regretted coming back.

I sometime wonder how politicians, celebrities use the airport. It is a living hell.

3 Likes

Re: Falana Reacts To Lagos As "World’s Third Worst City" by equalgarden(m): 9:54am On Aug 20, 2018
HajimeSaito:
First find out what parameters the FIU adopted in reaching their conclusions before critiquing the rankings. From what I have read about the rankings since they were first announced, they were created as a way of providing a quick shorthand reference and source of advice to travelers who are heading to a destination with which they are unfamiliar so that they can know what to reasonably expect.

The organisation behind the generating of the list are not politically motivated, neither is the list intended to be a prestige list. In fact a City like New York which one would have expected to be in the top 10 is ranked 57th on the list.

One thing I know for sure is that Lagos is nowhere near any of the cities in the 100 of the rankings such as London, New York, Paris etc. Lagos has poor public infrastructure, poor security architecture and suffocating overpopulation.

You're very right
But many people on this forum are glorified home base, until they start going out of the country, to city like e.g , capeTown , Tunis, morocc, Nairobi, that's just African cities, to compare with lagos,then they will realize that ikoyo,lekki are slumps. I'm a authentic lagosian.

7 Likes

Re: Falana Reacts To Lagos As "World’s Third Worst City" by Adefemiaderoju1: 9:54am On Aug 20, 2018
Yeye thing if Nigeria is world worst city to live where would you put the like of London, new York, Johannesburg, Capetown, and Paris.

This is the reason why the country need to be restructure or break up because the state is over populated.
Re: Falana Reacts To Lagos As "World’s Third Worst City" by FarahAideed: 9:55am On Aug 20, 2018
harley88:

Obviously you don't live in Lagos. how would you say 70 percent live in swamps?? Oga first come for a visit before saying things you don't know.

Is the road to your house in Lagos tarred ?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falana Reacts To Lagos As "World’s Third Worst City" by seguno2: 9:57am On Aug 20, 2018
11Ebiscoo:
Lagos was ranked 138th out of the 140 countries in the EIU 2018 report.

Part of the EIU report stated: “With a relatively low score of 38.5 percent, the city was just a little above Syria’s war-torn capital, Damascus, and Bangladesh’s Dhaka.”

Falana said, “I don’t believe Lagos is the third dangerous city to live in because there many cities in other countries that are more dangerous than Lagos. /

Is Femi Falana so uneducated despite being a lawyer and SAN to understand that there are more than 140 cities in the world
Why is he so desperate to make excuses for his Bourdillon paymaster?

2 Likes

Re: Falana Reacts To Lagos As "World’s Third Worst City" by FarahAideed: 10:00am On Aug 20, 2018
Ijaya123:

Can we see the source of these contraptions you put up here.

Do you have access to potable water from the public water works?

Are you satifisfied with the road surface and drainage infront of your house?

Do all you neighbours have access to a proper toilet ?

Are there no bachas around you housing people who shit in polybags and bury them ?

How much access do you have to electricity ?

How much access do you have to proper policing?

Oga the facts are staring you infront of your house take it or leave it ... we can't continue to live in denial

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falana Reacts To Lagos As "World’s Third Worst City" by seguno2: 10:02am On Aug 20, 2018
Tolexander:
We don't hear about majority of them because they are under Asiwaju company of Nigeria!

And Femi Falana is a major shareholder collecting his dividends correctly. If you know you know.
Ordinary citizens waiting for democracy dividends will continue waiting forever if they rely on these APC rogues to perform according to the money they have on the people's behalf

2 Likes

Re: Falana Reacts To Lagos As "World’s Third Worst City" by koladebrainiac(m): 10:02am On Aug 20, 2018
If Lagos is worst city in the world,where is Abuja? Maiduguri,Ibadan,Anambra or Aba. where is Kano. abi Kano no be city ni?
Re: Falana Reacts To Lagos As "World’s Third Worst City" by Ojiofor: 10:04am On Aug 20, 2018
Lagos is fücked up as a mega city.A city where if you must meet up with your appointment at 11am you have to wake up by 3am because of trafic.You must use road transport no other alternative.SMH.

3 Likes

Re: Falana Reacts To Lagos As "World’s Third Worst City" by seguno2: 10:06am On Aug 20, 2018
koladebrainiac:
If Lagos is worst city in the world,where is Abuja? Maiduguri,Ibadan,Anambra or Aba. where is Kano. abi Kano no be city ni?

Are there only 140 cities in the world?
Were the seven cities that you listed above included in the EIU report
Why do you have to be like educated illiterate Falana?
At least he is doing his own public defender disgrace for Bourdillon because he will be paid. Why are you doing your own

3 Likes

Re: Falana Reacts To Lagos As "World’s Third Worst City" by Ijaya123: 10:07am On Aug 20, 2018
FarahAideed:

Do you have access to potable water from the public water works?

Are you satifisfied with the road surface and drainage infront of your house?

Do all you neighbours have access to a proper toilet ?

Are there no bachas around you housing people who shit in polybags and bury them ?

How much access do you have to electricity ?

How much access do you have to proper policing?

Oga the facts are staring you infront of your house take it or leave it ... we can't continue to live in denial

How many African cities have all these you listed up here?

The point is you swallowed up anything the western world say or publish about us hook, line and sinker. DO you expect them to speak good of your country? Hell, no! Most of their claims are simply exaggerated. And that is my point.
Re: Falana Reacts To Lagos As "World’s Third Worst City" by superlanny(m): 10:20am On Aug 20, 2018
When you add sars to the mix, why wont they rank us low. Armed robbers calling themselves police.smh

1 Like

Re: Falana Reacts To Lagos As "World’s Third Worst City" by Ifelover(m): 10:22am On Aug 20, 2018
GOD bless you
Re: Falana Reacts To Lagos As "World’s Third Worst City" by arushiuga(m): 10:24am On Aug 20, 2018
Lagos is a very depressing city. The traffic the pig smell the bad roads. Anyone that says eko ni baje doesn't know what spoils really means. Lagos smells like a decomposing rat in the bathroom. Anyone that quotes me negatively is an idiot.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Reacts To Lagos As "World’s Third Worst City" by klax(m): 10:26am On Aug 20, 2018
I'm sure it's Saraki who caused it. It was Jonathan before that caused everything then Dino Melaye and now its Saraki that is causing every thing.

Where is that Edo(oshio) beast and his Kwara beast friend called Lair Moha-mad over to you blame Saraki for it we are waiting.

2 Likes

Re: Falana Reacts To Lagos As "World’s Third Worst City" by koladebrainiac(m): 10:28am On Aug 20, 2018
seguno2:

Are there only 140 cities in the world?
Were the seven cities that you listed above included in the EIU report
Why do you have to be like educated illiterate Falana?
At least he is doing his own public defender disgrace for Bourdillon because he will be paid. Why are you doing your own
No lets be serious . I am not APC or PDP. but the report is fraud. Syria? its like someone hates Nigeria by writing this report. I would like to the yardstick. Lagos is the safest city in Nigeria. security wise. it is safer than Nairobi or ACCRA. I leave in Lagos and i have been to all these cities i mentioned. what about somalia? please they should not discredit lagos
Re: Falana Reacts To Lagos As "World’s Third Worst City" by bobnazzygon: 10:29am On Aug 20, 2018
Tolexander:
We don't hear about majority of them because they are under Asiwaju company of Nigeria!

The type of system being practiced in this country warrants that. So no qualms... Nigeria itself is a dangerous place to live grin grin grin grin!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Reacts To Lagos As "World’s Third Worst City" by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:31am On Aug 20, 2018
moufan:
leave lagos and go back to your state.ambode is miles better than fashola.ambode is getting reelected in a landslide,nobody is even contesting against him cos they know ambode has done well
I don't think you like Lagos undecided

With these dirt everywhere

Ah ah why can't you tell yourself the truth

I am not going to go into the war of tribalism with you cause that is not the focal point here! When the need arises, I will gladly tutor you!

Whenever one give an opinion , yhe person is not from Lagos State undecided Your likes will insult the day light out of South Africans

Well, quantinue undecided

THANK GOD THE COMMENT that FALANA was reacting to was NOT GENERATED BY A NIGERIAN shocked shocked

Ambode has neglected other sectors and the feedback or communications between him and the masses is not effective!

He need to make some adjustments

Okay

One more thing Ambode is yet to unravel a quarter of Fashola's achievement! I mean that in every faucet! Not hating though

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falana Reacts To Lagos As "World’s Third Worst City" by IkwereBuIgbo(m): 10:32am On Aug 20, 2018
Soon they will blame Igbos..Let me relax here in PH.
Re: Falana Reacts To Lagos As "World’s Third Worst City" by HajimeSaito(m): 10:36am On Aug 20, 2018
equalgarden:

You're very right
But many people on this forum are glorified home base, until they start going out of the country, to city like e.g , capeTown , Tunis, morocc, Nairobi, that's just African cities, to compare with lagos,then they will realize that ikoyo,lekki are slumps. I'm a authentic lagosian.

Exactly. Everything with them is always viewed through the nonsensical "we are the giant of Africa" propoaganda.
It just never crosses their minds that global rankings are based on the consideration of objective criteria and not on flattery.

2 Likes

Re: Falana Reacts To Lagos As "World’s Third Worst City" by ipain: 10:40am On Aug 20, 2018
harley88:

Obviously you don't live in Lagos. how would you say 70 percent live in swamps?? Oga first come for a visit before saying things you don't know.
you are funny oo. His analysis is very correct when you put the population into the picture. In a 20 million people, how many % live in Lekki, VI, Ikoyi and banana island?

4 Likes

Re: Falana Reacts To Lagos As "World’s Third Worst City" by seguno2: 10:44am On Aug 20, 2018
koladebrainiac:
No lets be serious . I am not APC or PDP. but the report is fraud. Syria? its like someone hates Nigeria by writing this report. I would like to the yardstick. Lagos is the safest city in Nigeria. security wise. it is safer than Nairobi or ACCRA. I leave in Lagos and i have been to all these cities i mentioned. what about somalia? please they should not discredit lagos

Is Syria a city like Damasus its capital, which was compared with Lagos and 138 other cities among many more in the world?
Please abeg don’t let me fall into the temptation of yabbing you o.
No wonder an educated illiterate lawyer like Falana is misleading Buhari’s uneducated youths who are sitting around waiting for free oil money.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kirikasamma Local Govt Bans Men, Women From Meeting At Night / Aminu Yahaya-Sharif: Appeal Court Sets Aside Death Sentence Against Kano Singer / Ibori's Loot Will Fund 2nd Niger Bridge, Lagos–Ibadan, Abuja–Kano Expressways

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.