Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,625 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 (26773 Views)

Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 / Photos From 2021 Osun Osogbo Festival / Huge Crowd At Osun-Osogbo Festival (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 by AnunuebeAgbawo7: 8:07pm On Aug 20, 2018
nairavsdollars:
This is the best festival in Nigeria

Comparing it with new yam festival or egwu imo awka or any offalla festival you'll find out you made a mistake
Re: Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 by jchioma: 8:08pm On Aug 20, 2018
tiredoflife:
Yet tomorrow 99% of these yorubas will kill rams to allah claiming to be Muslims
Smh

It is called 'polytheism'; the yorubas like most of their counterparts believe in more than one god.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 by thatigboman: 8:08pm On Aug 20, 2018
kennosklint:
Yoruba people will never develop old things have passed away,but dem no go hear
no way. Culture ia only left what is left in Africa, we lose it, we lose our humanity forever.
Im an igbo man, but i support this 100%. Our annual cultural festival is the most precious thing to us in my hometown. Even a million churches cant ever make us stop it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 by kennosklint(m): 8:09pm On Aug 20, 2018
thatigboman:
no way. Culture ia only left what is left in Africa, we lose it, we lose our humanity forever.
Im an igbo man, but i support this 100%. Our annual cultural featival is the most precious thing to us in my hometown. Even a million churches can ever make us stop it.
true though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 by thatigboman: 8:10pm On Aug 20, 2018
tiredoflife:
Yet tomorrow 99% of these yorubas will kill rams to allah claiming to be Muslims
Smh
we are africans, we do both. In my hometown in igboland, our annual cultural festival is our all and all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 by ifiokjohn(m): 8:11pm On Aug 20, 2018
Patrioticooduan:
Proudly Yoruba. If only we had our own country, we would have built our own electricity, good roads, fast speed underground trains, fast better internet, better health care system, better education system, better security, and better housing system. We would even keep records of population, citizens' ages, birth and mortality rates. We will build and travel to other African countries( Biafra, Ivory coast, Ghana) with fast trains just like European countries do.
Nothing can hinder a country's progress when they share same culture, language and vision.
SMH
i agree with u whole heartedly. To hell with nigeria unity, to hell with lugard, to hell to britain, to hell to the crown, to hell to the parasitic north, to hell with the dullard buhari and to hell to all southern leaders who support this failed unity.

5 Likes

Re: Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 by Pataricatering(f): 8:13pm On Aug 20, 2018
koxi:
Its idolatry...
keep quiet pls - idolatry ko idolize ni ! That’s the African for you - he will eat the flesh of Jesus , follow pagan Roman rites yet shit on his own culture ! Following 3 gods in one is not idolatry ? Mscheew !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 by madridguy(m): 8:13pm On Aug 20, 2018
Wama yabtagi gaira IL Islam Dina, falan yuqbalah minihun.

binaws:
inna dina inda Allahi islam
Re: Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 by Norabay(f): 8:15pm On Aug 20, 2018
ok
Re: Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 by Lordofthewest(m): 8:16pm On Aug 20, 2018
Their technology is the only good thing about them..nothing else
thatigboman:
their science and technology are welcome, and so many of their good things like treating a fellow like human, but their sexual orientation is a no no to us africans. Must be resisted forever.
Re: Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 by madridguy(m): 8:16pm On Aug 20, 2018
Mizthorlu: How is Esther now?
Re: Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 by tiredoflife(m): 8:18pm On Aug 20, 2018
jchioma:

It is called 'polytheism'; the yorubas like most of their counterparts believe in more than one god.

I know but they are also quick to say no god except allah
That's what wonders me
Re: Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 by thatigboman: 8:22pm On Aug 20, 2018
Lordofthewest:
Their technology is the only good thing about them..nothing else
chairman, give them credence. They are good. Science and technology, governance, human relations. And a whole lot more.
I just get surprise how would such wonderful introduce same sex intercourse and marriage to us?
It's same as i feel when i think of plateau people, good, beautiful and wonderful people eating dogs.
Re: Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 by nawtyme: 8:25pm On Aug 20, 2018
NigerianBae:
I don't get the last picture
She is washing her head as protection against her people who specialize in skull mining.
Re: Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 by hopefulLandlord: 8:26pm On Aug 20, 2018
kennosklint:
Yoruba people will never develop old things have passed away,but dem no go hear

is worshipping a dead Jew part of old things?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 by hopefulLandlord: 8:27pm On Aug 20, 2018
Empiror:
Osun deity is not a small god being worshipped. Many worship this manmaid in ignorance.....the Lord hates worshipping of any other gods, deities, manmaid, etc aside Him. Rememeber the Lord and Him ONLY shall thou serve.

Oh look!
a Nigerian that worships a dead Jew none of the Jews believe in

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 by noruwasman(m): 8:28pm On Aug 20, 2018
nairavsdollars:
This is the best festival in Nigeria

Celebrating idolatry

1 Like

Re: Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 by hopefulLandlord: 8:30pm On Aug 20, 2018
noruwasman:

Celebrating idolatry

Eating bread while pretending to eat someone's flesh , drinking ribena while pretending to drink the blood of some Jew that was killed by 3 nails in a small Israeli village aeons ago are idolatrous as ffuucckk

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 by noruwasman(m): 8:51pm On Aug 20, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Eating bread while pretending to eat someone's flesh , drinking ribena while pretending to drink the blood of some Jew that was killed by 3 nails in a small Israeli village aeons ago are idolatrous as ffuucckk

Jesus loves you
Re: Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 by mikewills(m): 8:59pm On Aug 20, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

Forget Somalia. Their problem is sponsored by the middle east. Tell me about Botswana and Equatorial Guinea.

There is nothing homogeneous about Botswana or Equatorial Guinea. They both have more than 20 languages spoken internally.

You need to read up about Equatorial Guinea and see how a country lost over 25% of it's population because of one man's quest for power. Real definition of a shit hole.
Re: Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 by Vieybazz(m): 9:05pm On Aug 20, 2018
Lordwheez:

Lol.... Good thing, you shook your head after typing.... Bunch of crap.
Will you shut down that your stinking mouth, and go and sleep if you don't know what to type again

1 Like

Re: Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 by ojotobiloba1: 9:13pm On Aug 20, 2018
tayo4ng:
No wonder the rain keep falling here, osun oooo Ore yeye oooo. Our culture is our heritage
Pls indulge me, are u in osogbo today because of the constant rain that fell
Re: Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 by Thewesterner(m): 9:27pm On Aug 20, 2018
Odua a gbe wa...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 by jantavanta(m): 9:45pm On Aug 20, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

Sorry to burst your bubble but it wont happen. Can you name one country where blacks are in charge and the country is recording great strides in science and technology?

Wakanda! grin

On a serious note, it had happened: Moorish Europe, Ancient Egypt, Ancient Africa. Ancient India.

We are a fallen people trying to get up again, under the guidance of a God in our own image.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 by koxi: 9:58pm On Aug 20, 2018
Pataricatering:
keep quiet pls - idolatry ko idolize ni ! That’s the African for you - he will eat the flesh of Jesus , follow pagan Roman rites yet shit on his own culture ! Following 3 gods in one is not idolatry ? Mscheew !
Will you shut up and stop spreading your ignorance...
See how you're contradicting yourself!
Re: Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 by IkwereBuIgbo(m): 10:08pm On Aug 20, 2018
Yoruba muslims will not be happy about this nice culture.

Their terrorist leader what is that name again, Muric or what ever has started making threats... grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 by IbrahimDamola: 10:25pm On Aug 20, 2018
Patrioticooduan:
Proudly Yoruba. If only we had our own country, we would have built our own electricity, good roads, fast speed underground trains, fast better internet, better health care system, better education system, better security, and better housing system. We would even keep records of population, citizens' ages, birth and mortality rates. We will build and travel to other African countries( Biafra, Ivory coast, Ghana) with fast trains just like European countries do.
Nothing can hinder a country's progress when they share same culture, language and vision.
SMH

Let us forget oduduwa and biafra and leave with fulani forever. The fulanis are Godsent. The fulani herdsmen will make our country more developed than America, just like they developed fouta djallon to American standard.
Re: Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 by Jaqenhghar: 10:42pm On Aug 20, 2018
jantavanta:

Wakanda! grin

On a serious note, it had happened: Moorish Europe, Ancient Egypt, Ancient Africa. Ancient India.

We are a fallen people trying to get up again, under the guidance of a God in our own image.

Honestly I dont see any signs of a people trying to get up. A people trying to get up will promote those trying to do something and uplift each other. Rising together. What I see is people tearing each other down and hounding those trying to make a difference.
Oh and Wakanda was the creation of a white man wink
Re: Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 by Mizwisdom(f): 10:58pm On Aug 20, 2018
These people worshiping osun will still worship allah tomorrow, serving two gods is not the best

Need books?
contact me via orderbooksng@gmail.com
Re: Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 by OlaoChi: 12:24am On Aug 21, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

We have the master plan. DAWN already studied it and invited consultants. This is not the time to roll it out. Look how Yanminri has bastardized infrastructures in Lagos. You can imagine what would happen if we transform West with the mapped out vision. It will be a total disaster. Lets just leave things as they are now...old, decrepit and rusty. They cant ruin the old stuffs more than it already is.

So you know DAWN and you make a mess of yourself on this forum. Watching their videos on YouTube and following their programs and seminars where they invite historians could have prevented you from buying into all that Hebrew Arab nonsense

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From Osun Osogbo Festival 2018 by Aldebaran(m): 2:18am On Aug 21, 2018
tiredoflife:
Smh
You mean Christians that celebrate Christmas are not part of them? grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo To Hold The Naming Ceremony Of His Two Set Of Twins On Same Day / White Mass Choir Do Christmas Carol In Nigerian Language (video) / Mai Umar Mustapha Aliyu Is Dead! Emir Of Biu Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.