Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,122 members, 7,957,201 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:04 AM

In Sallah Message, Buhari Urges Nigerians To Embrace Peace & Rise Above Division - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Sallah Message, Buhari Urges Nigerians To Embrace Peace & Rise Above Division (5301 Views)

Leading Nigeria One Of Hardest Challenges In Life, Buhari Says In Sallah Message / Tinubu Seeks More Patriotism In Sallah Message / "Emir Of FESTAC Town" In Sallah Parade In Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Sallah Message, Buhari Urges Nigerians To Embrace Peace & Rise Above Division by Lizzysamuel(f): 7:06pm On Aug 20, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari has urged Nigerians to rise above personal, group, sectarian and other interests, and promote harmony and tolerance in dealing with one another at all times.
In his Sallah message, President Buhari urged all Muslims to use the occasion for sober reflection and self-examination, and strive to be good ambassadors of their religion by upholding high moral values
He reminded Muslims that this felicitous occasion of Eid-ul-Adha is a remembrance of the submission of Prophet Ibrahim Allaihis-Salam to Allah, his Creator, by which he taught the world the value of sacrifice in relating with one another, and when it comes to nation-building.
“We must sacrifice for others and remember always those who are less fortunate than ourselves,” the president declared.
Mr Buhari explained that religion is a major factor in influencing human behaviour towards good conduct and actions.
He, however, regretted that selfishness, greed and corruption have overwhelmed human souls to the extent that people abandon their religious beliefs in pursuit of their greed.
The president stressed that fighting corruption is a task that must be done in order to protect the larger interests of the ordinary Nigerians who are the worst victims of diseases, poverty, malnutrition and other afflictions.
He said surrendering to corruption is not an option because it destroys society and progress of nations.
According to President Buhari, “Even if some people hate you for fighting corruption, you should not chicken out from the task as a leader because doing so is a betrayal of public trust.”

On the current economic challenges facing Nigerians, the president reassured that such are temporary because the welfare of the people is the main thrust of the change agenda of the administration.

To buttress this point, Mr Buhari cited the many initiatives unfolded by the administration under the Social Investment Programme (SIP) among which was the recent decision to distribute recovered stolen funds to the poor against the past practices of re-looting such funds by some people in authority.

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/in-sallah-message-buhari-urges-nigerians-to-embrace-peace-rise-above-divisions/

3 Likes

Re: In Sallah Message, Buhari Urges Nigerians To Embrace Peace & Rise Above Division by SolutionMee: 7:57pm On Aug 20, 2018
The one you dey promote Abi

Just continue

Last last, you win 2019 general election

And everything go still be vanity upon vanity Come 2023

But on a second note, 70% of Nigerian populations are youth

Many of which are below the age of 40

We need old leaders to rule over us and always put us in check

As for me, I can never vote in an aspirant that's not above 55 years of age

But I still cannot vote in an aspirant that's above the age of 75

The goal is to vote in an old leader and not to elect a grandpa

Not to talk of one that wasn't schooled

Even if it's just an informal education

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: In Sallah Message, Buhari Urges Nigerians To Embrace Peace & Rise Above Division by princechurchill(m): 7:58pm On Aug 20, 2018
You have divided Nigeria beyond repair when you started with the 97% speech

All hail the divider in chief and slicky sales man from the North

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: In Sallah Message, Buhari Urges Nigerians To Embrace Peace & Rise Above Division by FarahAideed: 7:59pm On Aug 20, 2018
You should practice what you preach

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Sallah Message, Buhari Urges Nigerians To Embrace Peace & Rise Above Division by PresidentAtiku(m): 8:37pm On Aug 20, 2018
Hypocrite...

Your 97% and 5% statement will forever hunt you

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Sallah Message, Buhari Urges Nigerians To Embrace Peace & Rise Above Division by jyz200(m): 8:52pm On Aug 20, 2018
some times I wonder how Nigerians vote for this iiletrate old man.to be their leader
in trump voice
this is a sh**t hole country

6 Likes

Re: In Sallah Message, Buhari Urges Nigerians To Embrace Peace & Rise Above Division by UgwuAghachi: 8:52pm On Aug 20, 2018
Buhari's definition of 'avoid division' is support me blindly even if I send Fulani herdsmen and the military to kill your people

10 Likes

Re: In Sallah Message, Buhari Urges Nigerians To Embrace Peace & Rise Above Division by Standardcosting(m): 8:52pm On Aug 20, 2018
That will be possible when you lead by example

8 Likes

Re: In Sallah Message, Buhari Urges Nigerians To Embrace Peace & Rise Above Division by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:52pm On Aug 20, 2018
GOD BLESS OUR PRESIDENT .
Our Darling Handsome Bobo!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Sallah Message, Buhari Urges Nigerians To Embrace Peace & Rise Above Division by Firefire(m): 8:52pm On Aug 20, 2018
Mohomodu Buhary, a good man with bad intentions

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Sallah Message, Buhari Urges Nigerians To Embrace Peace & Rise Above Division by yjgm(m): 8:53pm On Aug 20, 2018
happy sallah

1 Like

Re: In Sallah Message, Buhari Urges Nigerians To Embrace Peace & Rise Above Division by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 20, 2018
baba you are number one agent of division right now!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Sallah Message, Buhari Urges Nigerians To Embrace Peace & Rise Above Division by Firefire(m): 8:53pm On Aug 20, 2018

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Sallah Message, Buhari Urges Nigerians To Embrace Peace & Rise Above Division by StillX10(m): 8:53pm On Aug 20, 2018
Useless hypocrite
You preach peace as if you understand what it is

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Sallah Message, Buhari Urges Nigerians To Embrace Peace & Rise Above Division by kennosklint(m): 8:54pm On Aug 20, 2018
Ogbeni Buhari u know peace...Nonsense

6 Likes

Re: In Sallah Message, Buhari Urges Nigerians To Embrace Peace & Rise Above Division by BiafranJesus: 8:54pm On Aug 20, 2018
The Satan of Katsina himself.

7 Likes

Re: In Sallah Message, Buhari Urges Nigerians To Embrace Peace & Rise Above Division by StillX10(m): 8:58pm On Aug 20, 2018
Useless hypocrite
You preach peace as if you understand what it is

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Sallah Message, Buhari Urges Nigerians To Embrace Peace & Rise Above Division by Ccdavies(m): 8:59pm On Aug 20, 2018
Re: In Sallah Message, Buhari Urges Nigerians To Embrace Peace & Rise Above Division by Olukat(m): 9:00pm On Aug 20, 2018
Hypocrite angry angry
I can see how your 97% and 5% statement have United Nigerians angry
How his demonic herdsmen from Libya are working to build a good nation angry
Nonessential at its peak

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Sallah Message, Buhari Urges Nigerians To Embrace Peace & Rise Above Division by Butoneday2(m): 9:00pm On Aug 20, 2018
#In division i stand?
Re: In Sallah Message, Buhari Urges Nigerians To Embrace Peace & Rise Above Division by velocity25(m): 9:00pm On Aug 20, 2018
I hear you Sir, by 97% and 5% formula

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In Sallah Message, Buhari Urges Nigerians To Embrace Peace & Rise Above Division by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 20, 2018
And how are you championing what you preach You started your administration with a divisive speech when you said "97%" and "5%".

By keeping quiet when Fulani herdsmen kill with reckless abandon (I think their sponsors have asked them to stop killings so that your reputation would not be stained further since next year is election).

By arresting peaceful protesters and term some (like IPOB) terrorists, but allow killer herdsmen to roam free?
Your government said that farmers-herdmen clash is communal issue and later, said that Fulani herdsmen are foreigners -implying that you can't protect Nigerians from alien invasion.

By bullying those checkmating your style of governance by arrests but keep silent on individuals and organisations such as MURIC spew speeches which can further deepen hatred?

If you had condemned Fulani Herdsmen when they started, the killings wouldnt have been this bad.

I pray that this country elects LEADERS not the rulers we have always had and still have.

In the committee of nations, we are still in 1984 while even countries like Rwanda are ahead.

9 Likes

Re: In Sallah Message, Buhari Urges Nigerians To Embrace Peace & Rise Above Division by Nopeace4dwicked: 9:04pm On Aug 20, 2018
Buhari and peace should not b mention in d same sentence

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: In Sallah Message, Buhari Urges Nigerians To Embrace Peace & Rise Above Division by obi4eze(m): 9:05pm On Aug 20, 2018
angry
Re: In Sallah Message, Buhari Urges Nigerians To Embrace Peace & Rise Above Division by 3Ceagle(m): 9:05pm On Aug 20, 2018
Until he is able to show by action that the life of every Nigerian is important then I will begin to believe him.
Until he understands that Nepotism is also corruption then I will begin to believe him.
Until he shows transparency in dealing with Nigerians then I will begin to believe him
Until he follows the rule law, then I will believe him

5 Likes

Re: In Sallah Message, Buhari Urges Nigerians To Embrace Peace & Rise Above Division by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 20, 2018
Who divides Nigeria more than the President? But i tell you, God knows how to reward such hypocritical evil doer.

4 Likes

Re: In Sallah Message, Buhari Urges Nigerians To Embrace Peace & Rise Above Division by fallout87: 9:06pm On Aug 20, 2018
This bloodthirsty tyrant is asking for peace yet the only peace the middlebelt has seen is because elections are coming and they don't want to cause Buhari trouble with the killings destabilizing his government.

This evil man who thinks it's more effective to kill or jail, then to teach and help.

God shows so much mercy to the wicked. Some time I just don't understand.

2 Likes

Re: In Sallah Message, Buhari Urges Nigerians To Embrace Peace & Rise Above Division by 007inc: 9:07pm On Aug 20, 2018
Sallah kill u there grin

3 Likes

Re: In Sallah Message, Buhari Urges Nigerians To Embrace Peace & Rise Above Division by Melison(m): 9:09pm On Aug 20, 2018
Embrace wetin?? Oga no lie u like other people apart from ur brothers?

3 Likes

Re: In Sallah Message, Buhari Urges Nigerians To Embrace Peace & Rise Above Division by Temptee101(m): 9:11pm On Aug 20, 2018
This fool should watch his mouth, after tearing the country to pieces and dividing us with hunger, unemployment, tyranny, dictatorship, nepotism, blood shed, wickedness, etc.., he's here regurgitating and blabbing about peace.

He should just keep shut and crawl back to his shell if he has nothing sensible to say.

A very wicked dullard

1 Like

Re: In Sallah Message, Buhari Urges Nigerians To Embrace Peace & Rise Above Division by thaoriginator: 9:18pm On Aug 20, 2018
PresidentAtiku:
Hypocrite...

Your 97% and 5% statement will forever hunt you
grin

Re: In Sallah Message, Buhari Urges Nigerians To Embrace Peace & Rise Above Division by wildernessVoice: 9:22pm On Aug 20, 2018
Oya, Replace Abba Kyari with Okechukwu Maduabuchi, Mamman Daura with Obanikoro, Amina Bala Usman with Josephine Davou Pam, Buratai with Akpan Ekpenyong e.t.c.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enugu Residents Hail Ugwuanyi On Adequate Water Supply / President Buhari Resting And Chilling At His Residence In Abuja (Photo) / Enugu Rally: Ugwuanyi, CAN Pray For Nigeria’s Peace, Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.