Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

The War In Igboland - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The War In Igboland (3034 Views)

Fani-kayode Writes Open Letter To Buhari On The War Against Boko Haram / APC Has No Chance In Igboland - Mu'azu / Nigerian Troops Ill-equipped For War In Mali! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The War In Igboland by mensdept: 11:38pm On Jul 01, 2010
Onlytruth:

Normally, facts like these should be obvious to everyone, but some Nigerians are ever afraid of the name Biafra, and are willing to even fight the air rather than face any truth that in any way mentions Biafra.
Just allow the guy to believe whatever he wants.

My concern is what we should be doing to stop this. Are we doing those things?

Or are we letting our enemies define us?

I would say this again, GIVE US LOCAL POLICE.

Nigerian police is part of the problem.

Of course we all know that at least then, no black power could defeat Biafra, and that the then Biafra did what all the 9 states (+2 of Delta/Edo) have till today failed to do.

Yet today, as I've said before, Igbo are all the same, as their counterparts in Kano State, Ogun State, etc. (AT least leadership wise)

State Police today would serve the interest of the feudal rulers of Ala-Igbo and won't do anything. Has anyone been to Anambara state recently, or Imo State. There's police all over the place, along with checkpoints all over. Is that the state police you want, one operating under a corrupt and rigged leadership?
Re: The War In Igboland by Nobody: 12:29am On Jul 02, 2010
There's police all over the place, along with checkpoints all over. Is that the state police you want, one operating under a corrupt and rigged leadership?

Thatz what I was worried about.
Re: The War In Igboland by Onlytruth(m): 1:29am On Jul 02, 2010
mens dept:

Of course we all know that at least then, no black power could defeat Biafra, and that the then Biafra did what all the 9 states (+2 of Delta/Edo) have till today failed to do.

Yet today, as I've said before, Igbo are all the same, as their counterparts in Kano State, Ogun State, etc. (AT least leadership wise)

State Police today would serve the interest of the feudal rulers of Ala-Igbo and won't do anything. Has anyone been to Anambara state recently, or Imo State. There's police all over the place, along with checkpoints all over. Is that the state police you want, one operating under a corrupt and rigged leadership?

Did you even try to read any of the views on this thread BEFORE posting your comment?
Why are Nigerians so mentally lazy?

Who said anything about handing over local police to THE SAME RIGGED IN corrupt leadership?

By the way, to whom do all the police manning the checkpoints you noted respond? To the state governor or the IG?

Can Gov Peter Obi of Anambra state sack the police commissioner or any serving police officer or personnel?

Are you even a Nigerian, and if yes, did you go to school at all? 

I tire for all these illiterates crawling around nairaland.

All you needed to do was read all the PREVIOUS COMMENTS here before commenting.

Shakes head . . sad sad angry angry
Re: The War In Igboland by Onlytruth(m): 1:38am On Jul 02, 2010
Eziachi:

You cannot call a governor chief security officer when someone controls the police and the police are not answerable to the local authority. How can one single police force with a single budget and s ingle head police almost two hundred million people?
Nigeria is too big to be one nation in a third world environment and that principle goes right down to the security.  Each segment of Nigeria has a different attitude to life. What is the concern of a katsina born local D.P.O posted to a village in Abia about crime rate in Abia? Absolutely nothing! [/b]Those doing this robbery and kidnapping are not ghost, they are some ones brother, father, uncle and cousins, s[b]o when you have local police, it become easy to report crime or tackle the person directly by those that are related to him, than when the police is a foreigner and you report to him and he will go behind your back and tell the criminal and watch as you both kill each other, and tomorrow he will move on to another part of Nigeria.

All the bolded above capture the gist of my point. So before all these "Biafra-makes-me-lose-my-senses" fear mongers post anything here, they should read this first.

And by the way, one of the leading candidates for next year's presidential elections is already calling for state police. So, this point is self evident even to some of those who fought against Biafra. At least they are interested in finding a lasting solution to the insecurity situation in Igboland and other parts of Nigeria.
Re: The War In Igboland by Onlytruth(m): 4:28am On Jul 02, 2010
[size=16pt]Police, most corrupt –EFCC, EU reports [/size]

Written by Tunde Oyesina, Abuja Friday, 02 July 2010

A business survey on crime and corruption has identified the Nigeria Police as the highest corrupt public official hindering the smooth business operations in the country.

The report, which identified crime and corruption as key obstacles to doing business in Nigeria, also rated the media high in the fight against corruption.

The survey was jointly conducted by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), with the support of European Union (EU) and United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC).

In the report, entitled: NBS/EFCC Business Survey on Crime and Corruption and Awareness of EFCC in Nigeria, 2007, presented on Thursday in Abuja, business executives who were interviewed said crime and corruption constituted obstacles to doing business in Nigeria.

According to the survey, which was based on performance and integrity of such organisations, lowest ratings were attributed to environment agency, political parties and Nigerian Telecommunication Limited (NITEL).

Other institutions that were rated low by the survey were the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN); water board’ revenue officials and customs.

On the other hand, the business world was favourably disposed to the capacity of courts, non-governmental organisations, the media and, especially, the EFCC.

The Executive Secretary, EFCC, Emmanuel Akomaye, said crime and corruption were impediments to security and economic development and lack of a proper stance made it difficult for government to adequately plan for the fight against the menace.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/7689-police-most-corrupt-efcc-eu-reports
Re: The War In Igboland by Nobody: 4:47am On Jul 02, 2010
Na wa, everything in Igbo land is blamed on the civil war. Even kidnapping has been traced to war. cheesy You people should take responsibility once in a while.
Re: The War In Igboland by Onlytruth(m): 5:47am On Jul 02, 2010
stillwater:

Na wa, everything in Igbo land is blamed on the civil war. Even kidnapping has been traced to war. cheesy You people should take responsibility once in a while.

Infantile rant.

All these kids wey no dey wash body sef. sad
Re: The War In Igboland by mensdept: 7:51pm On Jul 02, 2010
Onlytruth:

Did you even try to read any of the views on this thread BEFORE posting your comment?
Why are Nigerians so mentally lazy?

Who said anything about handing over local police to THE SAME RIGGED IN corrupt leadership?

By the way, to whom do all the police manning the checkpoints you noted respond? To the state governor or the IG?

Can Gov Peter Obi of Anambra state sack the police commissioner or any serving police officer or personnel?

Are you even a Nigerian, and if yes, did you go to school at all? 

I tire for all these illiterates crawling around nairaland.

All you needed to do was read all the PREVIOUS COMMENTS here before commenting.

Shakes head . . sad sad angry angry

SO I should read and and reread all the nonsense some of you guys are posting here abi. By the way, what is it with you and Pete Obi? Even if he had supreme control over state police, what guarantee is there that he and his fellow governors wont use it to silence or manipulate the "process". In other countries people are not talking of state police, but local police on county and precinct level. People are all about about free and fair elections at the local level. People are astute on their leaders and leaders dont get away as easily with BS. Igbo people are quick to blame irrelevant matters for their plight and then ask for state police, 2nd Naija Bridge, and tasting the presidency and all their problems will vanish.
Re: The War In Igboland by Onlytruth(m): 8:34pm On Jul 02, 2010
mens dept:

SO I should read and and reread all the nonsense some of you guys are posting here abi. By the way, what is it with you and Pete Obi? Even if he had supreme control over state police, what guarantee is there that he and his fellow governors wont use it to silence or manipulate the "process".  In other countries people are not talking of state police, but local police on county and precinct level. People are all about about free and fair elections at the local level. People are astute on their leaders and leaders dont get away as easily with BS. Igbo people are quick to blame irrelevant matters for their plight and then ask for state police, 2nd Naija Bridge, and tasting the presidency and all their problems will vanish.

So it doesn't make sense to you that you should at least read what ALL that others have posted before posting yours?

Need I say more?

C'mon, admit it. You s**t your pants when you read "Biafra" from the last poster.  grin grin grin

I can understand your fear, but it is not my fault that you are a coward.

WE NEED LOCAL POLICE, be it state, local government, city/town, anything where we can hold someone LOCAL accountable for the security situation in OUR land.
Re: The War In Igboland by Onlytruth(m): 8:41pm On Jul 02, 2010
mens dept:

In other countries people are not talking of state police, but local police on county and precinct level. People are all about about free and fair elections at the local level. People are astute on their leaders and leaders dont get away as easily with BS. Igbo people are quick to blame irrelevant matters for their plight and then ask for state police, 2nd Naija Bridge, and tasting the presidency and all their problems will vanish.

Which other countries have you been to anyway?

Nigeria is a federation. There is federal, state, local government. There should be a police force for EACH of those authorities.
Re: The War In Igboland by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 02, 2010
Onlytruth:

Infantile rant.

All these kids wey no dey wash body sef. sad

Na you come wash body? grin Dirty old man. grin
Re: The War In Igboland by Onlytruth(m): 10:18pm On Jul 02, 2010
stillwater:

Na you come wash body? grin Dirty old man. grin

Go back to kids section. This section is for OLD MEN. cool cool cool
Re: The War In Igboland by bkbabe99: 10:22pm On Jul 02, 2010
Onlytruth:

. There should be a police force for EACH of those authorities.

Why, so that yall can have another shot at fleeing with the oil in the Niger-Delta?!?!
Re: The War In Igboland by One11: 3:58am On Jul 03, 2010
^^^ Ignored. Nobody should reply him, sorry wink
Re: The War In Igboland by bkbabe99: 4:15am On Jul 03, 2010
One 1:

^^^ Ignored. Nobody should reply him, sorry wink

The day u'll realize that ure the town slowpoke/spambot. . . . . .
Re: The War In Igboland by mensdept: 8:51pm On Jul 03, 2010
Onlytruth:

So it doesn't make sense to you that you should at least read what ALL that others have posted before posting yours?

Need I say more?

C'mon, admit it. You s**t your pants when you read "Biafra" from the last poster.  grin grin grin

I can understand your fear, but it is not my fault that you are a coward.

WE NEED LOCAL POLICE, be it state, local government, city/town, anything where we can hold someone LOCAL accountable for the security situation in OUR land.

Read Biafra? Fear? Coward? LOL!!!  You Cyber Generals are something else.  If I like I read your silly post, if I like I respond, if I like I type whatever I want. You dont expect us to simply follow all your post, as if you were writing under the holy spirits guidance.

Nigeria a federation? To some it is HELL lol.

You say we need police at "all levels" - Federal, State, City, LGA, Village, Kindred, abi.

Just give us state police now and Nigeria will not only be a federation, but all our problems will vanish.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Have Work To Do - Cities With Higher Gdp Than Nigeria / How We Killed US Returnee -kidnap Suspects / Most Powerful Militaries In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.