Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,929 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

Allowing Visitors To Carry New Babies Exposes Them To Infections — Prof Olumide - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Allowing Visitors To Carry New Babies Exposes Them To Infections — Prof Olumide (8555 Views)

Visitors To St Edward Hospital, Ajah, Lagos Advised To Self Isolate / Coronavirus: Olumide Okunuga Dies In Italy. / The Final Remedy To Infections Has Been Discovered! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allowing Visitors To Carry New Babies Exposes Them To Infections — Prof Olumide by thorpido(m): 7:44am On Aug 21, 2018
Anyone with common sense should leave a newborn baby alone but people can be so stubborn. They want to hold the baby even when they are just coming from the market.Some even will kiss the baby. undecided
Re: Allowing Visitors To Carry New Babies Exposes Them To Infections — Prof Olumide by Ayauche(f): 7:46am On Aug 21, 2018
ikorodureporta:
..Thats where immunity takes control. Adults shld also use common sense in avoiding contacts....some wl even mouth kiss d baby

That is ehh, tht one irritates me so much. I dont know how some adults dont know that babies are so tender. Some will be touching baby's hands knowing fully well that they put these hands into their mouth. Na God dey save babies ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Allowing Visitors To Carry New Babies Exposes Them To Infections — Prof Olumide by wilsonm(m): 8:04am On Aug 21, 2018
okay noted.
Re: Allowing Visitors To Carry New Babies Exposes Them To Infections — Prof Olumide by vioment: 9:04am On Aug 21, 2018
I think we shouldn't freak out and make kids loose their immune boosters. A sick adult shouldn't handle a kid even the mum unless directed by a doctor. Are we going to be told that play grounds are bad next. That kid will come across a lot of people, why not start now.
Re: Allowing Visitors To Carry New Babies Exposes Them To Infections — Prof Olumide by 1Sharon(f): 12:08pm On Aug 21, 2018
Pataricatering:
when you have a baby all decisions you take must be based on what is good for the child ! Adults pass diseases to children ! And children have little or no immunity ! Tradition my foot!

So true. Some of them even kiss newborns undecided. So wrong.
Re: Allowing Visitors To Carry New Babies Exposes Them To Infections — Prof Olumide by 1Sharon(f): 12:11pm On Aug 21, 2018
vioment:
I think we shouldn't freak out and make kids loose their immune boosters. A sick adult shouldn't handle a kid even the mum unless directed by a doctor. Are we going to be told that play grounds are bad next. That kid will come across a lot of people, why not start now.

An infants immunity is different to a baby. undecided so that's why babies shouldn't be round a lot of ppl
Re: Allowing Visitors To Carry New Babies Exposes Them To Infections — Prof Olumide by okwabayi(m): 2:21pm On Aug 21, 2018
We can also say it boosts their immune systems. It's only through constant contact with bacteria that a body builds antibodies.
Re: Allowing Visitors To Carry New Babies Exposes Them To Infections — Prof Olumide by ElPhoche(m): 3:48pm On Aug 21, 2018
I had a particular case like this. Mother gave birth , two days she took the child to her father's burial. two days later, the child came down with a toxic kind of chicken pox, from head to toe, he was covered with it. It even affected his Pee-pee and caused the skin to slough off. We were praying that the Peepee does not fall off, thank God that the Glans has a different blood supply from the shaft. Took him a long while to recover. I was glad the day the were discharged

(1) (2) (Reply)

15 Health Benefits Of Bread Fruit / This Is How Rwanda Is Fighting Corona Virus - Check Pictures , Compare Nigeria / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.