Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,868 members, 7,866,337 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 03:22 PM

Judge Not That You Be Not Judged - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Judge Not That You Be Not Judged (586 Views)

Will The Mentally Disadvantaged People Be Judged After Death? / Judge Not / Should Christians Judge Other Denominations While God Says Judge Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Judge Not That You Be Not Judged by akaazua(m): 10:10am On Jun 25, 2010
It is very clear from the scriptures that we should not judge others. Matthew7:1  speaks loud about this very important topic. Are we then to accept everything everyone does so as not to judge others? Afterall, the bible also says in 1John4:1 that we should not believe every spirit but we should test the spirits whether they are of God. Is it wrong for me then to test the spirits because some people feel it is being judgemental? 1Corinthians 5:9-13 ,  but now i have written to you not to keep company wit anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or idolater or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner - not even to eat with such a person. For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? [b]Do you not judge those who are inside[/i]?[[/b]i] Is this place not telling us that there is a kind of judgemet that is approved by God; Correcting the believe who is going astray is not bad if it is done in love and with a humble spirit. There must be constructive criticism if we must be truthful to ourselves. Eventhough I am not supporting fault finding, pulling down one another, criticising when we do not have all facts; I think we should give room for constructive criticism. Those who always cry out that we are Judging others are also judging us, else, how do they know we are judging? Let us love one another, pray for one another and correct one another in love with no ulterior motive.
Re: Judge Not That You Be Not Judged by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:04pm On Jun 25, 2010
We will all be judged whether we are righteous or not by man, demon, angels or God.

Judgment is inevitable be you a Man-Of-God, Pastor, Evangelist, Prophet, King, Anointed or Disgraced.

All Will be judged in the measure of their righteousness.

So stop spreading the deception because it has lost its power to deceive any longer
Re: Judge Not That You Be Not Judged by yommyuk: 6:56am On Jun 26, 2010
I try to follow this principle by jugding the act and not the motive.

Examples

Senario 1
A brother stops coming to church.

Stop coming to church I disagree with, but there may be reason behind such act like the church not meeting the brothers spiritual needs.

Senario 2
A drug addict.

Drug taking wrong. The reason for taking it may be emotional , stress related or some kind of horrific past experience.

Senario 3

Prostitution

Wrong . The reason behind it may be drug addiction, poverty or past experience.

Prov 9:10
The fear of the Lord is the foundation of wisdom. Knowledge of the Holy one results in good judgement.

(1) (Reply)

Music Vacancies / Be Encouraged Today / Get A Free Website Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.