Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,566 members, 7,770,475 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:00 AM

First Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / First Car (1081 Views)

Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner / When Did You Buy Your First Car And How Much Was It? / Best Car To Buy As A First Car: Car Buying Tips For First Time Buyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Car by lmm4real: 8:20am On Aug 21, 2018
Hello #Bosses and experts in the house am looking at getting my first car very soon with little or no experience about car care.
I am actually looking at getting a Toyota camry 2007-8 but for a first timer, the model I have in mind is it advisable and if it is what should I look out for. Regards
Re: First Car by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:44pm On Aug 21, 2018
Something with a bullet proof engine, low maintenance costs, and few electricals.

ES330, Honda Civic, and an M112 Mercedes are decent options. The Camry with a 2GR is also solid.

Of course, that's assuming you're a regular buyer with a sub-2m budget. If you're a heavy earner, buy whatever you want.
Re: First Car by lmm4real: 5:04pm On Aug 21, 2018
HeavenlyBang:
Something with a bullet proof engine, low maintenance costs, and few electricals.

ES330, Honda Civic, and an M112 Mercedes are decent options. The Camry with a 2GR is also solid.

Of course, that's assuming you're a regular buyer with a sub-2m budget. If you're a heavy earner, buy whatever you want.

Honestly I only know of the Honda Civic among your list, not sure I can identify the rest from the way you described it. Looking for any thing below 2.5.
Re: First Car by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:09pm On Aug 21, 2018
lmm4real:

Honestly I only know of the Honda Civic among your list, not sure I can identify the rest from the way you described it. Looking for any thing below 2.5.

Foreign used ES330. Or a clean Naija used ES350.

I'd go for the latter, personally.

Re: First Car by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:10pm On Aug 21, 2018
lmm4real:

Also, what are you looking for in a car? Performance? Reliability? Fuel economy? Luxury?
Re: First Car by lmm4real: 5:19pm On Aug 21, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Also, what are you looking for in a car? Performance? Reliability? Fuel economy? Luxury?

With my little or no knowledge about them, I would say reliability. In short I don't want any thing that will give me Wahala aside the basic mentainace.
Re: First Car by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:34pm On Aug 21, 2018
lmm4real:

With my little or no knowledge about them, I would say reliability. In short I don't want any thing that will give me Wahala aside the basic mentainace.

Lexus, then, and it's not even close. Get the ES350, go with a mechanic you can trust. If you're in Lagos, talk to Gazzuzz. If in ABJ, talk to Kingreign. If in the South East, talk to OPUSDEI1.
Re: First Car by weyreypey: 5:43pm On Aug 21, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

I forgive you. Seeing the powerful M112 engine in your list.... That engine hates city driving though .... Always wanting to go on the highway

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Full Options Car / Man Drives Bus In Lagos Without Steering , Please Watch & Report This Man / I Need A Honda Car Of 350k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.