Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

We Are Not In Dilemma Over Multiple Presidential Aspirants - PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Not In Dilemma Over Multiple Presidential Aspirants - PDP (9097 Views)

Lagos Commercial Drivers Threaten 7-day Mass Protest Over Multiple Extortion / Aso Rock Cabal In Dilemma Over Buhari’s Successor / 2023: Tinubu’s Dilemma Over Lagos Governorship Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Not In Dilemma Over Multiple Presidential Aspirants - PDP by nairavsdollars(f): 9:36am On Aug 21, 2018
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has disclosed that, contrary to the impression in some quarters, it was not in a dilemma over the high number of presidential aspirants in the party for the 2019 polls.

In a chat with Daily Independent on Monday, Kola Ologbondiyan, the party’s National Publicity Secretary, said rather than being confused, the leadership of the party was happy with the development and would still open its doors to as many aspirants as possible.

Among the personalities who have indicated interest to contest for the presidential ticket of the party are Atiku Abubakar, a former vice president; Sule Lamido, former governor of Jigawa State, and Ahmed Makarfi, a former governor of Kaduna State and immediate past chairman of the party’s National Caretaker Committee.

Others are Senate President Bukola Saraki; Aminu Tambuwal, governor of Sokoto State; Malam Ibrahim Shekarau, former governor of Kano State; Ibrahim Dankwambo, governor of Gombe State; Senator Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, former governor of Kano State, and Kabiru Turaki, former Minister of Special Duties.

Ologbondiyan said the fact that majority of these aspirants were trooping to PDP showed they believed that the party stood a chance of producing the president in 2019.

He said: “It is wrong for people to say our party is in a dilemma due to the increasing number of presidential aspirants that we have. We are not in a dilemma by any measure.

“If anything, the number of aspirants seeking to be the presidential candidate of our great party, the PDP, is a healthy development.

“It has enabled Nigerians to realise the fact that majority of Nigerians are aligning with the PDP.

“That is why a lot of people, especially politicians, are deserting the disintegrating and dysfunctional APC, and coming to the PDP.

“So, there is no dilemma of any sort in our having more presidential aspirants. As a matter of fact, nobody can aspire to be president on the platform of the APC because the party is presently stuck with a candidate that cannot win an election.

As at today, the only party that can provide the opportunity and give Nigerians the right of choice as to select a credible presidential candidate that will restore Nigeria to the right track is the PDP.

“That is why many of these presidential aspirants are trooping to the PDP and, as a democratic party, our doors are wide open to accommodate them. To us, it is the more, the merrier.”

https://independent.ng/were-not-in-dilemma-over-multiple-presidential-aspirants-pdp/amp/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are Not In Dilemma Over Multiple Presidential Aspirants - PDP by alizma: 9:53am On Aug 21, 2018
You can not be confused because you are certain of failure. the only confused people now are your e-rats who are finding it difficult to know where to direct gullible youths.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Are Not In Dilemma Over Multiple Presidential Aspirants - PDP by bazzyblings: 10:53am On Aug 21, 2018
FTC

5 Likes

Re: We Are Not In Dilemma Over Multiple Presidential Aspirants - PDP by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 21, 2018
You are not in dilemma and you are yet to present a flag bearer five months to election. He is stylishly telling us their current condition grin

Next year, PDP be contesting in the polls like...

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Are Not In Dilemma Over Multiple Presidential Aspirants - PDP by gatecrash123: 10:54am On Aug 21, 2018
don't know what to say. I jux book this space for nothing.
Re: We Are Not In Dilemma Over Multiple Presidential Aspirants - PDP by Moneyspeakingz: 10:54am On Aug 21, 2018
in as much as I hate dis govt wit passion, I dnt think PDP is really helping matas wit d kind of presidential aspirant they have.
Saraki is too ambitious
Kwankwso is living on past glory
Atiku is selfish
Tambuwa has lost his respect
lamido
Turaki
Shekararu etc are all bunch of thieves.
If only Goodluck can show interest again,Nigerians will re write our wrongs

9 Likes

Re: We Are Not In Dilemma Over Multiple Presidential Aspirants - PDP by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 21, 2018
grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not In Dilemma Over Multiple Presidential Aspirants - PDP by dlondonbadboy: 10:55am On Aug 21, 2018
Better political party like PDP, we no dey find who go contest for President, na Presidential aspirants dey rush us.. grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not In Dilemma Over Multiple Presidential Aspirants - PDP by Standardcosting(m): 10:55am On Aug 21, 2018
You haven't seen anything grin grin grin

PDP's Implosion will be worse after the presidential primaries

By that time, the party will be completely finished! cool

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not In Dilemma Over Multiple Presidential Aspirants - PDP by mosesjida(m): 10:55am On Aug 21, 2018
shut up u scammers...u guys re fucking scared nd surprised d way saraki is upping his game....Nigeria politrickcians sha

3 Likes

Re: We Are Not In Dilemma Over Multiple Presidential Aspirants - PDP by IkwereBuIgbo(m): 10:56am On Aug 21, 2018
Go with PDP.

P for People D for development and P for productivity.

3 Likes

Re: We Are Not In Dilemma Over Multiple Presidential Aspirants - PDP by LordGuru1: 10:56am On Aug 21, 2018
jojomario:
A sane person will know that a party full of power mongers as aspirants will be confused. No two way to it. Unless they decide to step down for one another.

PDP/APC different sides of same coin. If you know, you...

Corruption is not what has crippled this Country, Tribalism is. If the masses are sincere for once, we should vote based on credibility. Even when the most eligible is from a new Party, let's vote the new Party. Nobody tied our Destiny to PDP/APC.

Yes! He even has full USA backing. I wish PDP would truly show the World that a greater Nigeria that is not perpetually stagnated by tribalism can emerge, I wish they can straighten the orientation of Nigerians by inviting and filing the current most credible presidential candidate in person of Fela Durotoye, the visionary, energetic and internationally experienced Youth that would make Nigeria great as President. But it seems majority of Nigerians have been bewitched not too use this opportunity wisely or are they simply jinxed to be slaves forever?! "Eyes wide shut to sense". When the f**ls mumushly enter finish, they'll start crying and calling on USA to come to their rescue. Bewitchment is real!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not In Dilemma Over Multiple Presidential Aspirants - PDP by mrdna(m): 10:56am On Aug 21, 2018
Atiku la tion
Buhari is in trouble
Re: We Are Not In Dilemma Over Multiple Presidential Aspirants - PDP by Metuh: 10:58am On Aug 21, 2018
Make una leave zombies and their fake news jare.
Re: We Are Not In Dilemma Over Multiple Presidential Aspirants - PDP by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 21, 2018
grin grin

Re: We Are Not In Dilemma Over Multiple Presidential Aspirants - PDP by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 21, 2018
mrdna:
Atiku la tion
Buhari is in trouble

Re: We Are Not In Dilemma Over Multiple Presidential Aspirants - PDP by jojomario(m): 10:58am On Aug 21, 2018
A sane person will know that a party full of power mongers as aspirants will be confused. No two way to it. Unless they decide to step down for one another.
Re: We Are Not In Dilemma Over Multiple Presidential Aspirants - PDP by kluv2(m): 11:00am On Aug 21, 2018
We shall soon see, latest by end of October
Re: We Are Not In Dilemma Over Multiple Presidential Aspirants - PDP by Omeokachie: 11:00am On Aug 21, 2018
Candidate will emerge in a free and fair manner.

Kicking the tyrant and those that made excuses for killers out of power is a task that must be done.
Re: We Are Not In Dilemma Over Multiple Presidential Aspirants - PDP by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 21, 2018
alizma:
You can not be confused because you are certain of failure. the only confused people now are your e-rats who are finding it difficult to know where to direct gullible youths.

These government/APC propagandists on nairaland (you know yourselves, I don't want to reel out names), I always read opposing monikers accusing you of being BMC and on a 30K salary. The funny thing is that I've noticed you all gloss over the allegations of being BMC members and on a 30K-per-month hire. undecided undecided

PLEASE DENY OR EXPLAIN THE BMC MEMBERSHIP OR 30K SALARY OR KEEP SHUT. cry cry Are these hired, hatchet-men jobs?

Instead, you all get combatant, divisionists and toxic -- even calling an entire region of the same country being governed by their principal as "lazy" "idiotic" "pigs" and "aggressive." undecided undecided. Plus other invective and verbal missiles, and you all seem to get away with all the impunity. Yet Nairaland comment rule says "Please don't make racist and tribalistic comments on this section."

The alleged BMC goons leave the message and attack the messenger (Won't be surprised if same happens in a response to this). Yet their ilks give them likes and shares for their hate speeches. cry cry

So much for online reps of a govt that preaches unity and tolerance. Obviously some tongue-in-cheek sermonizing. And it seems they have a strong grip or some alliance with some mods here on Nairaland (again, I won't mention names). Some of them may even be mods here. Kinda explains why being 1st or 2nd to comment is priority and a rule to all of them. So they can drive their views down people's guts (no matter how one-sided or unpopular).

Una doh oo. Weldone! wink cool cool

4 Likes

Re: We Are Not In Dilemma Over Multiple Presidential Aspirants - PDP by UgwuAghachi: 11:04am On Aug 21, 2018
All pdp needs is a candidate from the north. The plan is to get Buhari out of power. Buhari can't win the south south, south east and north central as it stands. A candidate from the Northwest or northeast who doesn't win Buhari outright but shares the votes 40-60 will ensure that Buhari loses.
Re: We Are Not In Dilemma Over Multiple Presidential Aspirants - PDP by lordm(m): 11:05am On Aug 21, 2018
Kingwizzy16:
I'm sorry guy I need help, there's this thing pupping up on my phone anytime I'm using it, even as I'm about to comment it will pop up, because of it I've whipped (format) my phone it's still there, and the thing keep making my whatsapp double in my phone

I felt my phone has been hacked, I moved all my personal things to my second phone

Can anybody suggest solutions. It's infinix hot4 and 1year and 6 months, I bought it brand new last year
go n force stop Babel's font in app settings
Re: We Are Not In Dilemma Over Multiple Presidential Aspirants - PDP by brexit: 11:05am On Aug 21, 2018
pdp SHOULD BE CAREFUL,COMMON SENSE DEMANDS YOU DONT GIVE YOUR TICKET TO ANY ONE THAT CONTRIBUTED TO YOUR FAILURE IN 2015,REMEMBER YOU DID CURSE THEM AND THEY ARE STILL UNDER SPELL TO FAIL ELECTION IN THIS NATION.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not In Dilemma Over Multiple Presidential Aspirants - PDP by Need2learnmuch: 11:06am On Aug 21, 2018
ftc
Re: We Are Not In Dilemma Over Multiple Presidential Aspirants - PDP by Butterflyle0: 11:09am On Aug 21, 2018
Moneyspeakingz:
in as much as I hate dis govt wit passion, I dnt think PDP is really helping matas wit d kind of presidential aspirant they have.
Saraki is too ambitiousan international thief and con man
Kwankwso is living on past glory
Atiku is selfish is a criminal and wanted man in USA
Tambuwa has lost his respect wasted effort
lamido
Turaki
Shekararu etc are all bunch of thieves.
If only Goodluck can show interest again,Nigerians will re write our wrongs

I have amended your post for free wink

1 Like

Re: We Are Not In Dilemma Over Multiple Presidential Aspirants - PDP by Moukandjo: 11:13am On Aug 21, 2018
WritePal:

These government/APC propagandists on nairaland (you know yourselves, I don't want to reel out names), I always read opposing monikers accusing you of being BMC and on a 30K salary. The funny thing is that I've noticed you all gloss over the allegations of being BMC members and on a 30K-per-month hire. undecided undecided

PLEASE DENY OR EXPLAIN THE BMC MEMBERSHIP OR 30K SALARY OR KEEP SHUT. cry cry Are these hired, hatchet-men jobs?

Instead, you all get combatant, divisionists and toxic -- even calling an entire region of the same country being governed by their principal as "lazy" "idiotic" "pigs" and "aggressive." undecided undecided. Plus other invective and verbal missiles, and you all seem to get away with all the impunity. Yet Nairaland comment rule says "Please don't make racist and tribalistic comments on this section."

The alleged BMC goons leave the message and attack the messenger (Won't be surprised if same happens in a response to this). Yet their ilks give them likes and shares for their hate speeches. cry cry

So much for online reps of a govt that preaches unity and tolerance. Obviously some tongue-in-cheek sermonizing. And it seems they have a strong grip or some alliance with some mods here on Nairaland (again, I won't mention names). Some of them may even be mods here. Kinda explains why being 1st or 2nd to comment is priority and a rule to all of them. So they can drive their views down people's guts (no matter how one-sided or unpopular).

Una doh oo. Weldone! wink cool cool
Thank you for speaking up for our great & reformed party, the PDP!
Good to know people like you support out great party!
Don't mind them! Our Saraki or Atiku will shock them in 2019!

1 Like

Re: We Are Not In Dilemma Over Multiple Presidential Aspirants - PDP by bellazz(m): 11:22am On Aug 21, 2018
LordGuru1:

PDP/APC different sides of same coin. If you know, you...

Corruption is not what has crippled this Country, Tribalism is. If the masses are sincere for once, we should vote based on credibility. Even when the most eligible is from a new Party, let's vote the new Party. Nobody tied our Destiny to PDP/APC.

Yes! He even has full USA backing. I wish PDP would truly show the World that a greater Nigeria that is not perpetually stagnated by tribalism can emerge, I wish they can straighten the orientation of Nigerians by inviting and filing the current most credible presidential candidate in person of Fela Durotoye, the visionary, energetic and internationally experienced Youth that would make Nigeria great as President. But it seems majority of Nigerians have been bewitched not too use this opportunity wisely or are they simply jinxed to be slaves forever?! "Eyes wide shut to sense". When the f**ls mumushly enter finish, they'll start crying and calling on USA to come to their rescue. Bewitchment is real!

if Atiku catches you..... I no dey there oo

(1) (2) (Reply)

January 15th 1966: The Day Nigeria Was Changed Forever By A 29 Year Old! / Transparency International: Nigeria's Corruption Rating Gets Worse / Correct Nigeria’s False Depositions In UK Court’ — Adoke Tackles Malami Over JP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.