Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Meet King Perryy, Timaya's New Signee - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Meet King Perryy, Timaya's New Signee (453 Views)

Dm Records – “kom Kom” Ft. Timaya, King Perryy & Patoranking / DOWNLOAD VIDEO: Timaya – Kom Kom (ft. Patoranking & King Perryy) / Download Timaya Ft. King Perryy & Patoranking – Kom Kom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet King Perryy, Timaya's New Signee by mantosa(m): 10:46am On Aug 21, 2018
“You must decide early, the kind of artist you want to be. Don’t write music you think people want to hear. You should please yourself first and always.”

These were the words of Agwu Obinna, an experienced music talent manager and it was clarity; clarity to my confusion with artists who switch their sounds for increased commercial success. I have seen talented artists abandon the core elements of their art and confuse it for evolution.

I know of an artist whose music used to have the essentials of rhyme and poetry until he made a dance-focused pop song which became big; he released another pop song and it did well. With this new sound, he spent the next three years searching for another big break song which has remained elusive and his occasional rap outputs were so sketchy that even his earliest fans weren’t buying it. It became clear that he got lost and like Ari Herstand said, he has forgotten which way is up. It is choosing to be the spice of the moment over being the flavour of a lifetime.

It was with this understanding that King Perryy shared his scripted plan to grow as an Afro-dance hall artist like his tutor, Timaya who signed him to DM Records. Choosing to stick to making Afro Dance Hall music is like signing to be an outlier because pop music is a more appealing option to artists as it commands a wider range of music audience. Just like it is in the pages of the history books, pop music has welcomed more artists than Dancehall music has in Nigeria but the likes of Timaya, Patoranking managed to rise, in their respective classes, to prominence and King Perryy is traveling that lane.

Source: http://tushmagazine.com.ng/king-perryy-taking-less-travelled-road/

Re: Meet King Perryy, Timaya's New Signee by Ekez(m): 10:53am On Aug 21, 2018
Ok perry nice to me you.
But these your teeth nawa oh
Your teeth na wire oh..
Abeg make una join me sing

(1) (Reply)

334 Breaking News: Soundcity Radio Lagos,rejects Port Harcourt Songs / World Premiere: Bobbytee X Vector Tha Viper [pele] Remix / [music] Redwine Eccentric - "Coolie Down"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.