Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

God Looks Away For A Purpose. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / God Looks Away For A Purpose. (596 Views)

Wife Beater Looks Happy In Court Today (Photo) / Want To Be A Savvy Spender? Tip 1 - Purchase With A Purpose. / My Mum Has Been Away For 18years. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God Looks Away For A Purpose. by julianH(m): 11:27am On Jun 25, 2010
In the book of Genesis, we were told that the devil appeared to Eve in the form of a serpent and persuaded her to eat the forbidden fruit that God Almighty had commanded them not to eat.

“For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, that your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil”. Genesis chapter 3:5.

When you read down the same chapter of the book of Genesis, you will see how Eve gave in to the deceit of the devil by eating the fruit and giving to her husband – Adam – who also ate.

The same chapter goes further to talk about how God came down in the cool of the evening to fellowship with them – Adam and Eve – only for Adam to hear of His presence in the garden and ran to hid himself.

One may then wonder why God in His omniscience didn’t intervene when the woman was being deceived by the devil.

I have also asked a similar question but mine was anchored on the fact that God being all-knowing must have known Adam and Eve (or at least Eve) would not take heed to the commandment to stay clear off the fruit located in the middle of the Garden but still He allowed the fruit to be there!

The Almighty God works in mysterious ways and His ways and thoughts are as far apart from ours as the heavens is far away from the earth.

Prophet Isaiah puts it this way:
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.” Isaiah 55:8 – 9.

The disobedience of Adam and Eve paved the way to the coming of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ! (Genesis 3:15). Through the coming of Jesus we were restored to God.

Yes! When He (God) allows some things to happen to us, it is usually for a purpose. Sometimes it is to teach us perseverance and dependence on Him and sometimes He (just) wants to manifest Himself in our lives and circumstances so as to take all the glory!

As you read through this piece of writing, it is my sincere hope and belief that you will be encouraged, vitalized (or revitalized) and will come to the understanding that everything works out for good so that His name alone will be glorified.

email: trustingod247@gmail.com
http://www.trustingod247..com
Re: God Looks Away For A Purpose. by Fhemmmy: 1:13pm On Jun 25, 2010
Yes, besides, He is a great God and once he has given instructions, He leave us to chose to follow or not to, He has given us the will power.
What a great God He is

(1) (Reply)

Looking For A Private Instructor On Fashion Design Call: 08035497328 / Pls Read This,act Now,become A Millionaire / What Will You Do If You Caught Your Spouse With Another Guy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.