Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,075 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

See How Much I Was Charged For Making An International Call - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / See How Much I Was Charged For Making An International Call (903 Views)

Glo Reduces International Call Tariff By 55% / Phone Being Charged For Long & Left Unattended Explodes, Captured On CCTV / I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Much I Was Charged For Making An International Call by OneKinGuy(m): 11:19am On Aug 21, 2018
Here is the full story. I got a call from Gambia which I missed. So I decided to return the call back. I got an idea to first kind of flash grin the number to see what the call rate will be like. Lo and behold I was changed #400 for 7 seconds just for calling an African country.

GLO never cease to amaze us!

Re: See How Much I Was Charged For Making An International Call by 9tailskid: 11:41am On Aug 21, 2018
They've got a tarriff plan that caters for International calls.. It's what i use even though it's not ideal it's better than what they just did to you.

1 Like

Re: See How Much I Was Charged For Making An International Call by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 21, 2018
It is expensive to call Gambia because of their gsm regulator over there. It is advisable to use instant messaging apps like bbm,WhatsApp,Facebook e.t.c

1 Like

Re: See How Much I Was Charged For Making An International Call by OneCorner: 8:21pm On Aug 21, 2018
Ok. I’m reporting glo for dz
Re: See How Much I Was Charged For Making An International Call by Offpoint: 8:49pm On Aug 21, 2018
lol,
Re: See How Much I Was Charged For Making An International Call by OneKinGuy(m): 9:31pm On Aug 21, 2018
asuustrike1:
It is expensive to call Gambia because of their gsm regulator over there. It is advisable to use instant messaging apps like bbm,WhatsApp,Facebook e.t.c
I had no idea about that. I though all international calls had the same rate. Besides, I have made calls to people UK and US with the same glo line. Wasn't charged this ridiculous amount
Re: See How Much I Was Charged For Making An International Call by OneKinGuy(m): 9:31pm On Aug 21, 2018
OneCorner:
Ok. I’m reporting glo for dz
Abeg do ooo
Re: See How Much I Was Charged For Making An International Call by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 21, 2018
OneKinGuy:

I had no idea about that. I though all international calls had the same rate. Besides, I have made calls to people UK and US with the same glo line. Wasn't charged this ridiculous amount

Re: See How Much I Was Charged For Making An International Call by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 21, 2018
MTN XtraSpecial Prepaid is a special tariff plan that allows you enjoy a FLAT rate of 15 kobo per second for MTN-to-MTN calls, MTN-to-Other networks and to 18 selected international destinations from the very first second. MTN XtraSpecial Prepaid tariff plan does not attract a daily or monthly subscription or access fee.
Eligible destinations Canada, China, Germany, India, Ireland, Malaysia, South Africa, United Kingdom, United States, Sweden, South Korea, Israel, Hong Kong, Romania, Denmark, Cyprus, Malta, Luxembourg.
To migrate to this plan, Simply Dial *408*1# or *123*2*3#
OR Text 408 to 131.
Mtn still remains the best in terms of calls. The other operators have conditions attracted to their offer.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Infinix Note 4 Problem / Infinix Hot 6x Review / 4g, Lte And Volte: What’s The Main Difference?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.