Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,347 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

Cassava Has No Nutritional Value - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cassava Has No Nutritional Value (692 Views)

Nutritional Value Of Eating Palm Tree Worms / Top 10 Health Benefits Of Zobo Drinks – Nutritional Value Of Zobo Drinks / Is It True ,some Foods Have No Nutritional Value (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cassava Has No Nutritional Value by YAHREIGNS: 3:23pm On Aug 21, 2018
It literally feels like feeding on air angry

You get hungry as you eat!

Water is more filling than cassava! I don't know how Nigerians have been surviving on cassava amala or anything cassava. Chai!
Re: Cassava Has No Nutritional Value by okwabayi(m): 5:21pm On Aug 21, 2018
I see no google results page as proof, no peer reviewed studies and no interviews carried out using a sample size.
Well, "another person's opinion" is where I'll store this 'finding'.

3 Likes

Re: Cassava Has No Nutritional Value by YAHREIGNS: 5:33pm On Aug 21, 2018
okwabayi:
I see no google results page as proof, no peer reviewed studies and no interviews carried out using a sample size.
The foods that have high nutritional value fill the stomach and send a signal to your brain when you have eaten enough.

That's why people who feed on junk for example get overweight because they keep yearning for and eating more. Cassava seems to be mostly starch with nothing else that the body needs.
Re: Cassava Has No Nutritional Value by okwabayi(m): 5:38pm On Aug 21, 2018
YAHREIGNS:

The foods that have high nutritional value fill the stomach and send a signal to your brain when you have eaten enough.

That's why people who feed on junk for example get overweight because they keep yearning for and eating more. Cassava seems to be mostly starch with nothing else that the body needs.
You're not giving me anything concrete to base a debate off.
If you back your opinions with any of the things mentioned in my first post then I will search for better findings to counter them.
Creating thought out opinions to counter your own thought out opinions will help none of us in the end, we'll only end in a deadlock with no man wanting to let go of theirs.

1 Like

Re: Cassava Has No Nutritional Value by SURElee(f): 6:16am On Aug 22, 2018
okwabayi:

I just tire o! From basic agricultural science, we are taught Cassava is a high carbohydrate food rich in starch. Now an Ogbonge researcher has woken up to say cassava has no nutritive value. Biko, is garri not from the same cassava? How many food products are derived from the same cassava that i have grown to know? The list is as follows: akpu/fufu, garri, cassava amala, abacha, kpo kpo garri snack, even some tribes and other African countries use the leaves of a certain cassava specie as vegetables for cooking.

1 Like

Re: Cassava Has No Nutritional Value by YAHREIGNS: 12:09pm On Aug 22, 2018
SURElee:

I just tire o! From basic agricultural science, we are taught Cassava is a high carbohydrate food rich in starch. Now an Ogbonge researcher has woken up to say cassava has no nutritive value. Biko, is garri not from the same cassava? How many food products are derived from the same cassava that i have grown to know? The list is as follows: akpu/fufu, garri, cassava amala, abacha, kpo kpo garri snack, even some tribes and other African countries use the leaves of a certain cassava specie as vegetables for cooking.
Am sure the leaves have way more nutritive value.

Starch does nothing to your body. Its just like licking fine sugar straight out of the package.
Re: Cassava Has No Nutritional Value by SURElee(f): 1:47pm On Aug 22, 2018
YAHREIGNS:

Am sure the leaves have way more nutritive value.

Starch does nothing to your body. Its just like licking fine sugar straight out of the package.

Did you just say starch does nothing to the body as a class of food under carbohydrate?

Mind you all carbohydrate foods as broken down to simple sugars in the body for assimilation.

Stick to what you believe. Meals have to be balanced consisting of all classes and starchy foods are included for proper functioning even though in minimal quantities but it is necessary.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Inflatable Baby Sofa for 15k / How To Make Spaghetti Stir Fry / Covid-19 Palliative In Gwagwalada Abuja; Here's My Own Share

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.