Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,349 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Warmongers: The Cowardice Of The Elders: - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Warmongers: The Cowardice Of The Elders: (631 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Warmongers: The Cowardice Of The Elders: by Bluestream(m): 1:36pm On Jun 25, 2010
Warmongers!!!

I have often heard tell that war is simply old men quarrelling and children dying!

I hear them now, these ancient reptiles,

Masters of diatribe, in one breath they declare "united we stand!” in the next they speak of war,
they speak as though any of them could determine who would live and who would not; who might die and who might not,

Grandmasters of grandstanding…[/b]rattling their rusty sabers and chanting time worn war songs,
they draw up stratagem and marshal their arsenal, I hear them and I wonder,
Have they forgotten so soon, it wasn’t so long ago that the rising sun hid her face for the sake of her children was it?

I can hear them, [b]these Valkyries of yore,
I hear them and I wonder, these ambulating cadavers,

Have they smelt the nauseous fragrance of rigor mortis as it rises in morbid effervescence from desecrated flesh?
Have they heard the deafening silence of yesterday's killing fields, punctuated only by the cackling of Mazi Udene, the bald headed one?

Senile roosters! Was it so long ago that Ani wept for the rusty haired, swollen bellied toddlers locked in kwashiorkor’s lethal embrace, how did they forget so soon?

I hear them, these Incubus…incestuous predators that prey on their own, I hear them quarrelling…

Speaking carelessly of bloodshed they do not have a stomach for…threatening war that their sons will not partake of!
They have spurned posterity and ridiculed heritage; to these ones, nothing is sacred; their only religion is greed, their only deity; their belly.
In them is nothing noble and evil rules their hearts as they stir up violence …

Warmongers,

…I hear them quarrelling…and I pray for my children,

But we are awake now, and we are not deceived…!
Re: Warmongers: The Cowardice Of The Elders: by Orikinla(m): 2:15pm On Jun 25, 2010
Very well illustrated and would be more appreciated if performed on stage or on air.

I can produce and direct a 30 minutes live drama on it.
Re: Warmongers: The Cowardice Of The Elders: by Bluestream(m): 2:50pm On Jun 25, 2010
Coming from you, Orikinla, I will consider that a great compliment, & my head swells with elation!

It will be great to express it by dramatization, I'd love to collaborate if you like, what say you?

(1) (Reply)

Can We Come Up With Lyrics For Friends / Tale Of A Diamond (poetry) / How To Get A Us Master Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.