Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,383 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:56 AM

How To Kick-start Your OAP Career - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Kick-start Your OAP Career (708 Views)

What Are The Benefits Of OAP / Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) / Workers Kick Against Salary Cut At NAMA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Kick-start Your OAP Career by Dilianne(f): 11:54pm On Aug 21, 2018
Mr. Buchi Onyegbule is an OAP, he presently anchors The Morning Mojo on WeFm Abuja, He is a voracious reader and a rational thinker.

He is a proof that the job of an on air personality transcends just having a sweet voice, which he no doubt has in abundance, but involves being knowledgeable and up to date with events happening locally and globally.

On his recent interview on EVERYDAY GREATNESS WITH DILIANNE he revealed how he started his career and his advice to upcoming on air personalities.

DA: At what point in your life did you realize/ decide to be a media personality? What shaped this decision?

Mr. Buchi: I didn't consciously decide to become a media personality. I never used to listen to radio; I used to join the Hard Cover book show gang to review books on weekends, while keeping up with my consultancy business during the week.

Then a friend bullied me into meeting with the Head of Programs at WeFm, after convincing me I could do this gig. The rest, as they say, is history. I met Stanley Bentu in February 2017, and began working for WeFm one month later.
I think this is one of the cases I can say 'just happened.'

DA: When you finally knew this was your path, what steps did you take?
Mr. Buchi: I didn't really prepare for this job, because I was quite busy in the month leading to resumption, so I started quite green. Couldn't do much more than just observe and learn on the job.

I didn't anchor any show for about 4 months though, because the station has a habit of keeping you at the backstage until they were convinced you were ready.

Read the rest of this great interview by clicking the link below.
https://dilianne.com/2018/08/mr-buchi-onyegbule-oap-and-producer-on-wefm/

Re: How To Kick-start Your OAP Career by Dilianne(f): 11:59am On Aug 27, 2018
Kindly visit www.dilianne.com

(1) (Reply)

Get Employed Today. Meet A Recruiter And Insider Info, CV Review And More / Learn How To Create Cartoon 3D Animation Video Like A Pro... / Let Us Show You The Real Crypto Deal For Free Of Charge.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.