Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Minimum Wage: No Longer Feasible, Committee, Governors Yet To Agree - Ngige Says - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage: No Longer Feasible, Committee, Governors Yet To Agree - Ngige Says (22601 Views)

Subsidy Removal: N30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Realistic – Workers / 11 Governors Yet To Take COVID-19 Vaccine (Full List) / 20 Governors Yet To Inaugurate Cabinet As Buhari Swears In Ministers Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minimum Wage: No Longer Feasible, Committee, Governors Yet To Agree - Ngige Says by Integrafamoo: 10:38am On Aug 22, 2018
These people should simply reduce fuel pump Price to #50 and provide succour for the unemployed. Nigeria will be better.
Re: Minimum Wage: No Longer Feasible, Committee, Governors Yet To Agree - Ngige Says by CocoaOla: 10:41am On Aug 22, 2018
They don't see that coming before it is not achievable Nigerian economy will collapse due to inflations best solution is to make one naira valuable! Simple

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: No Longer Feasible, Committee, Governors Yet To Agree - Ngige Says by pascal1993(m): 10:47am On Aug 22, 2018
[quote author=Unigrad post=70494900]which state or private institutions dey pay corpers extra 10k or 20k?
Nigeria, where are we heading to?

USELESS GOVERNMENT...
Re: Minimum Wage: No Longer Feasible, Committee, Governors Yet To Agree - Ngige Says by Bizibi(m): 10:53am On Aug 22, 2018
I'm surprise some nairalanders really believe on the minimum wage rumours......
Re: Minimum Wage: No Longer Feasible, Committee, Governors Yet To Agree - Ngige Says by udemzyudex(m): 10:54am On Aug 22, 2018
How come minimum is no longer feasible but the same governor and their aides are collecting their salary every month, the ministers, the Senators are collecting their salaries with allowance without wahala?

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: No Longer Feasible, Committee, Governors Yet To Agree - Ngige Says by rojamide(m): 10:58am On Aug 22, 2018
Unigrad:
which state or private institutions dey pay corpers extra 10k or 20k?
Nigeria, where are we heading to?

go to jos and kaduna.. I knw someone collecting 30k in kaduna
Re: Minimum Wage: No Longer Feasible, Committee, Governors Yet To Agree - Ngige Says by NairaMaster1(m): 11:06am On Aug 22, 2018
CAESAR4COM:
They only come to terms when it comes to their own largesse!......when it comes to wages for the masses,the are at loggerheads and dagger drawn with a marked Battle line drawn on the surface of water!....... Na dem dey rush our money!

The paradox is that the miserable masses will still die for them any time because of religion.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: No Longer Feasible, Committee, Governors Yet To Agree - Ngige Says by Johnson5258: 11:11am On Aug 22, 2018
so no more #49,800 for corpers, lmao! i don know. hahahahaha.
Re: Minimum Wage: No Longer Feasible, Committee, Governors Yet To Agree - Ngige Says by Johnson5258: 11:13am On Aug 22, 2018
Corper wee oooo!

Re: Minimum Wage: No Longer Feasible, Committee, Governors Yet To Agree - Ngige Says by Meritocracy: 11:15am On Aug 22, 2018
Buhari should remove this slowpoke as minister, he never get positive results in his life, as he short nah so his vision short. He's just being inactive in that position. Don't worry Oshiomole is coming to you.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: No Longer Feasible, Committee, Governors Yet To Agree - Ngige Says by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 22, 2018
according to the charta that established NYSC, each member should be paid an equivalent basic allowance as that of a level 8 worker in govt civil service.... they think people to investigate things so a coper should be getting 48k as basic per month and it should never be deliberated as its 1000% in the constitution

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: No Longer Feasible, Committee, Governors Yet To Agree - Ngige Says by AmazingELixir: 11:30am On Aug 22, 2018
Hmmm lies and deceit reigns supreme in this government..has anyone bothered to ask about the outcome of the El Rufai restructuring report.... relegated as was widely expected.. lipsrsealed
Re: Minimum Wage: No Longer Feasible, Committee, Governors Yet To Agree - Ngige Says by masseratti: 11:36am On Aug 22, 2018
Minimum wage is suppose to be the minimum you should pay someone to avert slave master relationship, the way its done in Nigeria is killing the economy, minimum wage was part of what messed up Gej Govt, they should not thinker with the idea rather look into how to increase the purchasing power of the Naira increasing minimum wage increase inflation, we being there so many times it does not work and its not the way out, you increase workers salaries, landlords increase their rents, drivers increase their transport fares, food vendors increase price of one swallow from 50/100naira to 500 naira each.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: No Longer Feasible, Committee, Governors Yet To Agree - Ngige Says by Stakekay1(m): 11:41am On Aug 22, 2018
Let Federal Government pay their workers while states negotiate for their own
Re: Minimum Wage: No Longer Feasible, Committee, Governors Yet To Agree - Ngige Says by Primusinterpares(m): 11:42am On Aug 22, 2018
yet some corper shun dey celebrate "promise" of 49800 as alawee... I laugh in swahili

Re: Minimum Wage: No Longer Feasible, Committee, Governors Yet To Agree - Ngige Says by enemyofprogress: 11:50am On Aug 22, 2018
Sai baba!
Re: Minimum Wage: No Longer Feasible, Committee, Governors Yet To Agree - Ngige Says by Kristokx(m): 12:05pm On Aug 22, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/minimum-wage-committee-govs-yet-to-agree-ngige/
Dem no even sabi lie / cover up again nysc allawee has nothing to do with the minimum wage and it 19800 no be 18000+1500
Re: Minimum Wage: No Longer Feasible, Committee, Governors Yet To Agree - Ngige Says by sanusikebbe(m): 12:12pm On Aug 22, 2018
Ngige: everyday minimum wage no longer feasible. Iam tired of his pessimism.
Re: Minimum Wage: No Longer Feasible, Committee, Governors Yet To Agree - Ngige Says by bewla(m): 12:22pm On Aug 22, 2018
Omeokachie:
Buhari's government is the most deceitful government ever in the history of this country.

You unilaterally declared a minimum wage without consulting the states, and now you blame them for not implementing your decision.

This is the same thing they tried doing with the Senate that has made the Senate to stand up to them and they have now resorted to blackmailing Saraki for slowing down government.
bleam them all u say na A P C all of them na same are there no pdp and apga in the system now
Re: Minimum Wage: No Longer Feasible, Committee, Governors Yet To Agree - Ngige Says by themanderon: 12:27pm On Aug 22, 2018
After raising peoples hopes? Just tell me what these guys can ever get right
Re: Minimum Wage: No Longer Feasible, Committee, Governors Yet To Agree - Ngige Says by ashiwere: 12:29pm On Aug 22, 2018
Please help me tell Ngige that I am collecting N19,800 and not N19,500 as a Corp member. He is inconsistent with his speech as a minister of Labour. Some persons are not asham of themselves. We hold you to whatever comes out of your mouth. It was the same you who said all things being equal, the new minimum wage will be implemented in September next month. Was it a political strategy? Is it no longer going to help some persons win election because some persons are afraid of a single individual who is indicating interest for presidency? I am tired. Let me go please.
Re: Minimum Wage: No Longer Feasible, Committee, Governors Yet To Agree - Ngige Says by micflo28(m): 1:09pm On Aug 22, 2018
Thank God sef, things in the market for increase price drastically and a lot of downsizing in govt institutions. We wey dey find work go suffer the price increase occassioned by the increment.
Re: Minimum Wage: No Longer Feasible, Committee, Governors Yet To Agree - Ngige Says by 989900: 1:14pm On Aug 22, 2018
Butterflyle0:

That's not my point. Learn to read for yourself and stop being spoonfed.

This sole reason is why you are still at the point you are today

GBAM!
Re: Minimum Wage: No Longer Feasible, Committee, Governors Yet To Agree - Ngige Says by osazsky(m): 2:21pm On Aug 22, 2018
Butterflyle0:

That's not my point. Learn to read for yourself and stop being spoonfed.

This sole reason is why you are still at the point you are today
oga shut up,the message is clear,minimum wage not feasible, so we can't start paying it from sept,what is there to read again,lies and propsngada,am dusting my PVC already mumu
Re: Minimum Wage: No Longer Feasible, Committee, Governors Yet To Agree - Ngige Says by osazsky(m): 2:24pm On Aug 22, 2018
masseratti:
Minimum wage is suppose to be the minimum you should pay someone to avert slave master relationship, the way its done in Nigeria is killing the economy, minimum wage was part of what messed up Gej Govt, they should not thinker with the idea rather look into how to increase the purchasing power of the Naira increasing minimum wage increase inflation, we being there so many times it does not work and its not the way out, you increase workers salaries, landlords increase their rents, drivers increase their transport fares, food vendors increase price of one swallow from 50/100naira to 500 naira each.
but since fuel was increased from 87 to 150 ,was it minimum wage that caused that one,and transportation cost is wat affected prices of most goods, children full nsiraland o

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: No Longer Feasible, Committee, Governors Yet To Agree - Ngige Says by progress69: 2:31pm On Aug 22, 2018
Omeokachie:
Buhari's government is the most deceitful government ever in the history of this country.

You unilaterally declared a minimum wage without consulting the states
, and now you blame them for not implementing your decision.

This is the same thing they tried doing with the Senate that has made the Senate to stand up to them and they have now resorted to blackmailing Saraki for slowing down government.

Please can u give us a link to where a new minimum wage was declared by the federal government?
We have too many kids destroying this politics section.
If the kids were even abit smart, it would have been better, but this particular sets cant even read and comprehend, or they read healines and jump to comment.
Where and when the government declared a new minimum wage, i dont even know. Lol
Re: Minimum Wage: No Longer Feasible, Committee, Governors Yet To Agree - Ngige Says by progress69: 2:34pm On Aug 22, 2018
senatordave1:
Most guys commenting here didnt read the full news or deliberately refused to comprehend the issues involved.the minimum wage increase isnt the sold duty of the federal government.the state governments,labour bodies and private sector must be involved.the fg is ready to pay any amount,its capable.but the states arent willing to accept any increase above 30,000 when most states struggle to pay 18k.that disagreement is the reasom for the long delay in the announcement of the new wage.please,put the blamo on the states and leave the federal government

Omo...the thing tire me. Just look at what one clown posted and he got likes from people of his like kind.

Look at his moniker, same set of hateful, childish clowns whose votes are inconsequential

Omeokachie:

You unilaterally declared a minimum wage without consulting the states
, and now you blame them for not implementing your decision.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: No Longer Feasible, Committee, Governors Yet To Agree - Ngige Says by Etianwanokon: 3:04pm On Aug 22, 2018
Thunder fire all of them
Re: Minimum Wage: No Longer Feasible, Committee, Governors Yet To Agree - Ngige Says by pocohantas(f): 3:12pm On Aug 22, 2018
zicoraads:
That anyone would even believe that they genuinely wanted to increase the minimum wage, of which they find it impossible to pay is even funny.

To now think that they intend to also take that of corpers to 50k is even funnier.

When releasing money for corpers to go to three weeks camp has now become a huge issue for the FG.

LOL! Are there people that believed that trash?

When they made minimum wage N18000, my organisation let go of some cleaners and pegged the remaining at exactly N18000. If they dare increase it, na we fit come dey clean office ourselves grin
Re: Minimum Wage: No Longer Feasible, Committee, Governors Yet To Agree - Ngige Says by Mmadu111: 3:33pm On Aug 22, 2018
You just commented for commenting sake. What happened to exchange rate from N140/1$ to over N350/1$ and Fuel pump price from N70 to over N140..increased to over 100% and you expect a worker to continue receiving thesame 18k wage considering the hike in the prices of basic needs already affected by increase in exchange rate and fuel pump price. Guess you lack wisdom. Do proper diligence before commenting next time.
masseratti:
Re: Minimum Wage: No Longer Feasible, Committee, Governors Yet To Agree - Ngige Says by zicoraads: 4:07pm On Aug 22, 2018
pocohantas:

LOL! Are there people that believed that trash?

When they made minimum wage N18000, my organisation let go of some cleaners and pegged the remaining at exactly N18000. If they dare increase it, na we fit come dey clean office ourselves grin
People actually believed it my dear. Was seated with some corpers on my journey last week, and they were discussing what and how life will change when they start paying them. I was just laughing to myself and thinking of how very naive they were.

Erm, I no go mind that cleaning work for your place of work ooooo. Show me the way nau. grin tongue
Re: Minimum Wage: No Longer Feasible, Committee, Governors Yet To Agree - Ngige Says by JERRYDON005: 4:36pm On Aug 22, 2018
APC is taking us on a long,ride

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Refused To Tell Us Those He Will Appoint As Ministers – Lai Mohammed / Oby Ezekwesili Has Accepted The Appointment Soludo Gave To Her / Amaechi Has No Business Being A Minister!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.