Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,274 members, 7,957,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:34 PM

“EFCC Won’t Make Me Defect” - Senator Bassey Albert - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “EFCC Won’t Make Me Defect” - Senator Bassey Albert (14192 Views)

Senator Bassey Albert Officially Joins Young Progressives Party (YPP) / Senator Bassey Albert's (OBA) Handshake With A Supporter (Photo) / Senator Bassey Albert Wearing Only One Shoe At NASS Yesterday (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

“EFCC Won’t Make Me Defect” - Senator Bassey Albert by inspire700(m): 6:02am On Aug 22, 2018
The Senator representing the Akwa Ibom North-East Senatorial District, Bassey Albert, has said no amount of intimidation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission will make him abandon the Peoples Democratic Party.

Albert, who is the only PDP senator left in Akwa Ibom, said he was ready to stand by the party through which he won the election, adding that if similar situation presented itself in future, he would still remain with the party.

The EFCC on Monday filed a 14-count charge at an Ikeja High Court against Albert for allegedly receiving 12 cars worth N254m between 2010 and 2014 while serving as the finance commissioner during the administration of Gov. Godswill Akpabio as bribes from one Olajide Omokore, a businessman, who was equally arraigned on seven counts for allegedly offering gratification and bribes to a public official.

Speaking during a media event on Tuesday in Uyo, Albert noted that it was funny for him to be charged to court on account of his stewardship as a commissioner in the state some three years ago.

He said, “As a commissioner, I reported to my governor. So, if anybody is to be charged to court it should be the governor to whom I reported.

“Today, I’ve woken up to see I’ve been charged to court. I don’t have any business there. My lawyers are ready. But whatever case you are seeing is orchestrated by someone in this state to coerce me into the APC. You can’t tell me if I jump over to APC, all charges will be dropped.”

SOURCE: https://gistparkmedia.com/2018/08/senator-bassey-albert-efcc-wont-make-defect.html

6 Likes

Re: “EFCC Won’t Make Me Defect” - Senator Bassey Albert by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:05am On Aug 22, 2018
If your hands are clean, you dont need to worry about anything Honourable.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: “EFCC Won’t Make Me Defect” - Senator Bassey Albert by Hector09(m): 6:07am On Aug 22, 2018
Without opposition politics is nonsense, buhari should not weaking PDP so that Nigeria politics we not die, look at kenya, the opposition there is very strong, even zimbabwe of yesterday

37 Likes

Re: “EFCC Won’t Make Me Defect” - Senator Bassey Albert by mercenary: 6:09am On Aug 22, 2018
If he received the cars as finance commissioner under Akpabio, then Akpabio should be charged

91 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “EFCC Won’t Make Me Defect” - Senator Bassey Albert by Omeokachie: 6:11am On Aug 22, 2018
Buhari has turned the agency into an instrument of coercion to lore people into the APC through threats and intimidation.

Same agency that refused to accept a corruption petition instituted by an Edo pastor against Oshi-omoh-OLE.

Same agency that refused to prosecute Babachir.

Same agency that refused to prosecute Prof Yusuf.

Same agency that refused to investigate snake farmers with mansions in Dubai....

Anything Buhari touches, he destroys.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “EFCC Won’t Make Me Defect” - Senator Bassey Albert by millionboi(m): 6:12am On Aug 22, 2018
I prefer saraki to any other,bcoz he can scam trump
Re: “EFCC Won’t Make Me Defect” - Senator Bassey Albert by capatainrambo: 6:16am On Aug 22, 2018
post=70495003:
If your hands are clean, you dont need to worry Honourable.
senseless comment

zombies would rather see Nigerians destroyed. smh

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: “EFCC Won’t Make Me Defect” - Senator Bassey Albert by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:19am On Aug 22, 2018
capatainrambo:
senseless comment

zombies would rather see Nigerians destroyed. smh
YOU ARE RIGHT!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: “EFCC Won’t Make Me Defect” - Senator Bassey Albert by Nobody: 6:21am On Aug 22, 2018
U sound guilty already

3 Likes

Re: “EFCC Won’t Make Me Defect” - Senator Bassey Albert by capatainrambo: 6:23am On Aug 22, 2018
post=70495162:

YOU ARE RIGHT!
of course I'm right.

and I will forever keep attacking and coping off the heads of silly zombies. loitering here on nairaland.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “EFCC Won’t Make Me Defect” - Senator Bassey Albert by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:25am On Aug 22, 2018
capatainrambo:
of course I'm right.
and I will forever keep attacking and coping off the heads of silly zombies. loitering here on nairaland.

Of course.....YOU ARE RIGHT..... again!!!

You're right till anytime you are tired of quoting us wink cheesy grin!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “EFCC Won’t Make Me Defect” - Senator Bassey Albert by Babacele: 6:36am On Aug 22, 2018
Did you commit or not honourable? very simple to answer....any other story na nonsense.
Re: “EFCC Won’t Make Me Defect” - Senator Bassey Albert by Ganzagangan: 7:03am On Aug 22, 2018
Ipob minded senator.
Re: “EFCC Won’t Make Me Defect” - Senator Bassey Albert by princetigris(m): 7:20am On Aug 22, 2018
Mr-Man go and answer your invitation.

#Ugba is personal.
Re: “EFCC Won’t Make Me Defect” - Senator Bassey Albert by jchioma: 7:21am On Aug 22, 2018
EFCC under zai baba is a sham. Fighting corruption indeed. All these arm twist methods kolework. 2019 is permanent relocation to daura.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: “EFCC Won’t Make Me Defect” - Senator Bassey Albert by Flyingngel(m): 7:32am On Aug 22, 2018
APCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC CHANGEEEEEEEEEEEEE

2 Likes

Re: “EFCC Won’t Make Me Defect” - Senator Bassey Albert by kitaatita: 7:40am On Aug 22, 2018
Did he receive12 cars as bribes from Olajide Omokore? Every politician that is called to account for his deeds will shout victimization. Go to court and tell the Judge that they want you to decamp to APC 

3 Likes

Re: “EFCC Won’t Make Me Defect” - Senator Bassey Albert by donbachi(m): 7:45am On Aug 22, 2018
If only you will keep to your word
Re: “EFCC Won’t Make Me Defect” - Senator Bassey Albert by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 22, 2018
grin...... They don't have to ! When the Apple get too many Shit Holes na you go Decamp willingly grin grin grin

Re: “EFCC Won’t Make Me Defect” - Senator Bassey Albert by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 9:59am On Aug 22, 2018
Deception.
Everybody knows Oba as he is fondly called by akwa ibomites that he was brought up from the slums and furnished by Akpabio and was appointed as the commissioner of finance.
Akpabio made him what he is today and thus he may not defect to Apc with his political godfather but will be required by Akpabio to remain in PDP as an espionage while Akpabio protects his crime allegations in APC.
OBA is an Akpabio loyalist till death.
Re: “EFCC Won’t Make Me Defect” - Senator Bassey Albert by Pope22(m): 9:59am On Aug 22, 2018
post=70495003:
If your hands are clean, you dont need to worry Honourable.
The only people their hands are clean are APC members such as Akpabio

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: “EFCC Won’t Make Me Defect” - Senator Bassey Albert by truthstands01: 9:59am On Aug 22, 2018
If this story is true, then Akpabio should be charged immediately. Fake APC!

10 Likes

Re: “EFCC Won’t Make Me Defect” - Senator Bassey Albert by Nopeace4dwicked: 9:59am On Aug 22, 2018
Correct man not like Akpabio who shamelessly defected because of d fear of Buharis EFCC

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: “EFCC Won’t Make Me Defect” - Senator Bassey Albert by naijapips04: 10:00am On Aug 22, 2018
Isnt it suspicious that all these akwaibom investigations are coming soon after akpa somethings defection?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: “EFCC Won’t Make Me Defect” - Senator Bassey Albert by Temptee101(m): 10:01am On Aug 22, 2018
APC tactics has always been lies, propaganda, intimidation and banditry

3 Likes

Re: “EFCC Won’t Make Me Defect” - Senator Bassey Albert by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:01am On Aug 22, 2018
Pope22:

The only people their hands are clean are APC members such as Akpabio
All of them are thieves apart from our President and some very very few ones!

2 Likes

Re: “EFCC Won’t Make Me Defect” - Senator Bassey Albert by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 22, 2018
Why does he look and dress like an Igbo man?
Re: “EFCC Won’t Make Me Defect” - Senator Bassey Albert by benben1000: 10:02am On Aug 22, 2018
grin
Re: “EFCC Won’t Make Me Defect” - Senator Bassey Albert by BeijinDossier: 10:02am On Aug 22, 2018
Cool. Keep it up
Re: “EFCC Won’t Make Me Defect” - Senator Bassey Albert by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 22, 2018
Stupid EFCC and APC. Just look at the useless charges sef... How can you secure conviction in any court with these nonsensical, watery charges?

As commissioner, he purportedly received car gifts from a private businessman, and SO? You allege that he received the gifts in exchange for awarding contracts to the businessman. Why not enumerate the so-called contracts that were awarded to Omokore and present evidence showing explicit causality between the contracts and the gifts?

These retarded bastards in the EFCC and their puppet masters in the APC must take us for fools. So someone as big as Jide Omokore would stoop low to negotiate with a mere commissioner for which stupid contracts? How much was the value of the contracts sef for a humongous money bag like Omokore? Even if real multi billion Naira contracts were on the table, Omokore would deal directly with his fellow randy friend Akpabio who was the governor. The commissioner would merely be following instructions. Does this not mean that Akpabio should be questioned instead?

The whole thing is just plain annoying and is clearly politically motivated.

3 Likes

Re: “EFCC Won’t Make Me Defect” - Senator Bassey Albert by sureheaven(m): 10:03am On Aug 22, 2018
Two issues differently....

If u want to decamp pls do in peace and if u don’t want to pls be silent...

If u have any issue with EFCC, pls go answer ur case and stop all these noisy talks ..

3 Likes

Re: “EFCC Won’t Make Me Defect” - Senator Bassey Albert by Splashme: 10:03am On Aug 22, 2018
It's sad the way EFCC operates in Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tribunal Rejects PDP, Atiku’s Request To Re-argue Apc’s Objection To Petition / Nigeria Joins Somalia, Others On List Of Hunger Hotspots~UN Report / Live! President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan In A Media Chat On N. T. A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.