Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,917 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

2018 Camp Meeting Musical Concert - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 2018 Camp Meeting Musical Concert (212 Views)

Download Camp Meeting 2023 Messages By Apostle Michael Orokpo & Apst Arome Osayi / Dominion City Camp Meeting 2020 LIVE SERVICE / Pastor Adeboye's 76th Birthday: Youths To Hold 76-Hour Musical Concert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2018 Camp Meeting Musical Concert by Olamilite: 9:01am On Aug 22, 2018
Saturday, 11th August, 2018 was Apostolic Faith 2018 Camp Meeting Musical Concert, which was held at Igbesa, Ogun State. The Concert is one of the strategic events of Apostolic Faith Church annual Camp Meeting. The theme for this year Camp Meeting is ‘A Life without Blemish'. The spiritual gathering started since 5th August and will last till 26th of the same month.

Exactly 3:00pm, the organ was struck, to signify the commencement of the musical concert titled ‘From Grace to Glory'. The District Superintendent of Apostolic Faith work in West and Central Africa, Rev. ‘Bayo Adeniran opened the event with a congregational song titled ‘Wither Pilgrims are you going'. The congregational hymn was followed by opening prayer by Rev. Saviour Nnodim. Thereafter, the affairs of the programme was handed over to the Music Director.

Harmonious orchestration of ‘Wonderful grace of Jesus' arranged by Jeff Cranfill reassured the lovers of classical music and indeed all attendees that they were in for a drill. ‘Every time I feel the Spirit (Negro Spiritual)’ by William L. Dawson was sang by close to a thousand members of the Choir. Melodious voices of male choir did justice to ‘The Hallelujah side' by Alfred B. Smith & J. Howard Entwistle. ‘God's time is the best (Cantata No. 106)’ by J. S. Bach was thereafter aired by members of Choir and Orchestra, just before the intermission that signified the end of first half of the Concert.

While the members of Choir and Orchestra took a sip, thousands of attendees collectively sang a Congregational song titled ‘We are marching to Zion', conducted by a Choir member. Orchestration of ‘Symphony No. 5 in Bb Major (Mov. 1)’ by Franz Schubert welcomed the congregants to the second half. This was followed by Organ recital of ‘Fugue in G major' by J. S. Bach. Voice production and orchestration of ‘Gloria’ by Antonio Vivaldi was then aired.

‘It's shouting time in heaven' by J. Hart and Hither G. Presley was performed by selected female voices while male octet voiced ‘Oh, My Lord, What a time’ by Lucy Matthews. To the admiration of all the attendees, the Choir members rendered ‘I want to be ready' by William L. Dawson and ‘Down by the river side' by John Rutter to close the glorious presentation.

In his remark, Prof. Peter Okebukola thanked the members of Choir and Orchestra for the wonderful performance and admonished the congregants to embrace a life without blemish, which is full of benefits, here on earth and above all in heaven. Also, the District Superintendent further admonished the attendees on how to live a life without blemish, through the grace of God, and many benefits of living a life without blemish, in this sin sick world. The programme was brought to a close with a closing prayer.

http://www.olamilite.com/2018/08/2018-camp-meeting-musical-concert.html?m=0
Re: 2018 Camp Meeting Musical Concert by xreal: 9:03am On Aug 22, 2018
Wonderful!

That is the only place where classical music can be found in this part of the world.

Olamilite, thank you; but can you add pictures, please?

Where is ademi4wealth, our choir and orchestra has done it again.
Re: 2018 Camp Meeting Musical Concert by chiommy123(f): 9:37am On Aug 22, 2018
Wish I can attend this program. I really love gospel music

(1) (Reply)

The Golden Era Of Islam????? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 25/08/18 / Please Where Can I Download Oyedepo's Sermons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.