Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,176 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

Lady Loses NASA Scholarship After Getting Into Twitter Beef With Staff - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lady Loses NASA Scholarship After Getting Into Twitter Beef With Staff (2711 Views)

Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall / Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp / Lady Loses Employment Opportunity Over Semi-nude DP On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Loses NASA Scholarship After Getting Into Twitter Beef With Staff by Andyblaze: 12:04pm On Aug 22, 2018
In an age where everyone seems to be sharing everything on social media, sometimes we forget to think before we tweet.
If you're sharing the news of a new internship or job at NASA, take a note from Twitter user Naomi H's book not to use bad 'language' on Twitter.
A now deleted thread started off with
Naomi H sharing the news of her internship:
"EVERYONE SHUT THE F*** UP
I GOT ACCEPTED FOR A NASA INTERNSHIP"
Her tweet got a reply from Homer Hickam , former NASA engineer, and member of the National Space Council: "Language."
To which Naomi replied, "Suck my dick and balls I'm working for NASA"
Hickam then replied with "And I am on the National Space Council that oversees NASA."
It turns out, Hickam was telling the truth. He's one of nearly two dozen people named to Vice President Mike Pence's
newly created National Space Council's Users Advisory Group .
Naomi's Twitter account is now private, but @Saphykitten shared on Twitter that Naomi has lost her internship.
Twitter has been pretty divided over the past couple of days about who is in the wrong, and if Naomi should have lost her internship for her tweet.
But it turns out that Naomi didn't lose her internship because of her language in the tweet at all.
Hickam addressed the situation on his personal blog, "Thoughts From Homer Hickham At Skyrdige," and was emphatic that it wasn't actually Naomi's tweets that were the problem.
"I learned she had lost her offer for an internship with NASA.This I had nothing to do with nor could I since I do not hire and fire at the agency or have any say on employment whatsoever. As it turned out, it was due to the NASA hashtag her friends used that called the agency's attention to it long after my comments were gone," Hickam wrote in a blog post Tuesday.
Hickam also shared that he is "certain she deserves a position in the aerospace industry and I'm doing all I can to secure her one that will be better than she lost," and has "talked to the folks that had to do with her internship and made absolutely certain that there will be no black mark on her record."

https://www.businessinsider.com/woman-lost-a-nasa-scholarship-over-a-series-of-profanity-laden-tweets-2018-8

cc lalasticlala

Re: Lady Loses NASA Scholarship After Getting Into Twitter Beef With Staff by Obinnau(m): 12:12pm On Aug 22, 2018
young people and being unreasonable are 5 and 6.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses NASA Scholarship After Getting Into Twitter Beef With Staff by delugajackson: 12:14pm On Aug 22, 2018
grin
Re: Lady Loses NASA Scholarship After Getting Into Twitter Beef With Staff by adewumiopeyemi(m): 12:17pm On Aug 22, 2018
undecided
Re: Lady Loses NASA Scholarship After Getting Into Twitter Beef With Staff by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 22, 2018
Obinnau:
young people and being unreasonable are 5 and 6.
Re: Lady Loses NASA Scholarship After Getting Into Twitter Beef With Staff by Andyblaze: 1:53pm On Aug 22, 2018
cc lalasticlala
Re: Lady Loses NASA Scholarship After Getting Into Twitter Beef With Staff by fr3do(m): 2:10pm On Aug 22, 2018
grin her village people no dey do sallah holiday

4 Likes

Re: Lady Loses NASA Scholarship After Getting Into Twitter Beef With Staff by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 22, 2018
Ok
Re: Lady Loses NASA Scholarship After Getting Into Twitter Beef With Staff by englishmart(m): 2:17pm On Aug 22, 2018
Good for her.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses NASA Scholarship After Getting Into Twitter Beef With Staff by Desdola(m): 2:52pm On Aug 22, 2018
This one is not village people, it's stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses NASA Scholarship After Getting Into Twitter Beef With Staff by AK6464(m): 2:54pm On Aug 22, 2018
Kwa
Re: Lady Loses NASA Scholarship After Getting Into Twitter Beef With Staff by cheeeoma(f): 2:58pm On Aug 22, 2018
Please I need someone to bless me this week with whatever amount, I'll be so so grateful...0691937335...access.
Re: Lady Loses NASA Scholarship After Getting Into Twitter Beef With Staff by Learnstuffs: 3:06pm On Aug 22, 2018
Please fam, spare me a few seconds to like me, like and comment on this post. I appreciate
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmgjHS_nzvA/
Re: Lady Loses NASA Scholarship After Getting Into Twitter Beef With Staff by iammo(m): 3:40pm On Aug 22, 2018
This one would have gone to space to twerk and send nude pics

4 Likes

Re: Lady Loses NASA Scholarship After Getting Into Twitter Beef With Staff by Tizzyreal: 4:29pm On Aug 22, 2018
JOIN *MONEY HUB* WHATSAPP GROUP AND HAVE DIRECT ACCESS TO HIDDEN 4-6 FIGURES CASH-MAKING OPPORTUNITIES AND HIGH PAID JOB OFFERS!!!. WHAT YOU WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS GROUP IF YOU JOIN;
1. Do you know that Chinese government and school owners in China constantly recruit foreign English, math and science teachers worldwide and pay them from $700-$3000/month, depending on their qualification, country and experience?. Each teacher they recruit in addition is given free accommodation, free lunch, holiday allowance and work permit visa for the number of years they will stay with them. Joining this group will give you access to hundreds and thousands of Chinese schools employing teachers worldwide including Nigerians.
2. Are you also aware that CANADA, US, EUROPE, DUBAI AND NEWZEALAND, constantly recruit professional and non-professional workers like hair dressers, supermarket workers, artisans, gardeners, backpackers, raunch workers, airport workers, drivers, nannies, housekeepers, street sweepers, waiter and waitress, etc, worldwide including Nigeria?. Note, this is not human trafficking business, you must have a highly impressive CV, no criminal records, valid international passport before you apply. And if they accept your application, they will help you secure a work permit visa through their embassies. Most times it tends to be competitive, as too many people apply for these jobs from many countries. Joining this group will give you access to jobs where you can stand a chance of being selected. If successful, you will be granted free flight, free accommodation for 2-3 years, good salary in US$$$ and work permit visa for 2-3 years.
3. Are you a seller or marketer looking for an online platform to market and get quick buyers to buy your products?. Join this group and I will show you hot groups on Facebook where you can get quick buyers for every product you market.
4. Are you an affiliate marketer of Jumia, konga, kaymu, etc, and don’t know how and where to meet your target audience to post your affiliate link and earn 10% commission per sale you make?. Join this group and get access to genuine contact lists of hundreds and thousands of regular shoppers of these online stores mentioned above where you can post your links and make huge money from commissions when they buy through your link.
5. Do you know you can design shirts, bags, accessories,, leggings, mugs, posters, online for free from your bedroom and sell them internationally like Amazon?, or I will show you (TOP SECRET) where to find buyers from across the globe to order your designed products and get paid in $$$ via payoneer. Join this group.
6. Also get in touch with other $$$ paying genuine online jobs, like phone calling jobs, writing jobs, reading news and getting paid for it, tweeting jobs, etc, where you get paid for your services.
JOIN THIS GROUP AT A-ONE-TIME FEE OF ONLY N1000. REACH ME VIA WHATSAPP 08064671964.
Re: Lady Loses NASA Scholarship After Getting Into Twitter Beef With Staff by dkronicle(m): 4:36pm On Aug 22, 2018
Chaii so bad
Re: Lady Loses NASA Scholarship After Getting Into Twitter Beef With Staff by YorubaAssasin: 4:50pm On Aug 22, 2018
It's called "Complacence" undecided

Foolish thing!

Re: Lady Loses NASA Scholarship After Getting Into Twitter Beef With Staff by ruggedtimi(m): 4:57pm On Aug 22, 2018
dnt know wat to say grin
Re: Lady Loses NASA Scholarship After Getting Into Twitter Beef With Staff by ruggedtimi(m): 4:59pm On Aug 22, 2018
cheeeoma:
Please I need someone to bless me this week with whatever amount, I'll be so so grateful...0691937335...access.
so u can buy make up

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses NASA Scholarship After Getting Into Twitter Beef With Staff by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 22, 2018
There mates are all over social media, they can't make a reasonable statement without insults.
Thats why you got to be careful with what you say to people you know this world we live in is a small world.
Re: Lady Loses NASA Scholarship After Getting Into Twitter Beef With Staff by kbshow100(m): 5:08pm On Aug 22, 2018
cheeeoma:
what service can you offer for 10K. I feel like letting 10K go

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses NASA Scholarship After Getting Into Twitter Beef With Staff by cheeeoma(f): 5:19pm On Aug 22, 2018
kbshow100:

What do u want me to do?
Re: Lady Loses NASA Scholarship After Getting Into Twitter Beef With Staff by cheeeoma(f): 5:21pm On Aug 22, 2018
ruggedtimi:
so u buy make up
Nope
Re: Lady Loses NASA Scholarship After Getting Into Twitter Beef With Staff by OneCorner: 8:55pm On Aug 22, 2018
cheeeoma:

What do u want me to do?
Svck is dick
Re: Lady Loses NASA Scholarship After Getting Into Twitter Beef With Staff by ola12(m): 8:58pm On Aug 22, 2018
The question is how did she get accepted in d first place?? undecided
Re: Lady Loses NASA Scholarship After Getting Into Twitter Beef With Staff by Naijawebmaster: 10:18pm On Aug 22, 2018
Most people in this generation speak without thinking. angry
Re: Lady Loses NASA Scholarship After Getting Into Twitter Beef With Staff by cheeeoma(f): 10:22pm On Aug 22, 2018
kbshow100:

If u can help do pls, it's very important. Thank u.
Re: Lady Loses NASA Scholarship After Getting Into Twitter Beef With Staff by 9jaBloke: 3:35am On Aug 23, 2018
Homer is a widely celebrated NASA legend. Babe should have done her research. On the bright side, he has recommended her & if anyone can get her back in, that's he.
Re: Lady Loses NASA Scholarship After Getting Into Twitter Beef With Staff by jerflakes(m): 7:00am On Aug 23, 2018
Desdola:
This one is not village people, it's stupidity.

No sir, it's village people

They come in all shapes and sizes

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Sales & Ticketing; Reservations At Kenya Airways / Customer Service Representatives Recruitment In An Internet Service Provider Com / Marketing Executive JOB At Jcvaxe Technology Concepts - APPLY NOW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.