Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

I Won’t Defect Despite Being Intimidated By The EFCC – Senator Albert - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Won’t Defect Despite Being Intimidated By The EFCC – Senator Albert (225 Views)

N204 Million Bribe: Blaming Gov Emmanuel For Probe Of Senator Albert’s Financi.. / Do Not Be Intimidated: Sam Adeyemi Charges Endsars Protesters / I Won’t Die Because Death Visits Only Bad People - Satguru Maharaji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Won’t Defect Despite Being Intimidated By The EFCC – Senator Albert by theJournalng(m): 1:54pm On Aug 22, 2018
Senator Bassey Albert, representing the Akwa Ibom North-East Senatorial District, on Monday, said he would never defect from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) despite the amount of intimidation he recieves from the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

Albert, who is the only PDP senator left in Akwa Ibom, said he was ready to stand by the party through which he won the election, adding that if similar situation presented itself in future, he would still remain with the party.

On Monday, the EFCC filed a 14-count charge at an Ikeja High Court against Albert for allegedly receiving 12 cars worth N254 million between 2010 and 2014 while serving as the Commissioner of Finance during Governor Godswill Akpabio’s administration, as bribes from a businessman named Olajide Omokore, who was arraigned on 7-counts for offering bribes and gratification to a public official.

Albert, who spoke during a media event on Tuesday, said that it was unbelievable for him to be charged to court on account of his stewardship as a commissioner in the state three years ago.

He said, “As a commissioner, I reported to my governor. So, if anybody is to be charged to court it should be the governor to whom I reported.”

“Today, I’ve woken up to see I’ve been charged to court. I don’t have any business there. My lawyers are ready. But whatever case you are seeing is orchestrated by someone in this state to coerce me into the APC. You can’t tell me if I jump over to APC, all charges will be dropped.”

Source: journalng.com

https://journalng.com/2018/08/22/wont-defect-despite-intimidated-efcc-senator-albert/

(1) (Reply)

Latest...ex-lawmaker, 300 APC Members Decamp To PDP In Ebonyi / Jobs/Vacancies: Female Software Developers / Woman Sold 6 Weeks Old Baby To Buy A Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.