Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,582 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

When Your Mechanic Bashes/crashes Your Car - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / When Your Mechanic Bashes/crashes Your Car (1757 Views)

Toyota Camry Tiny Light- Neatly Used. N650k-your Mechanic Will Confirm This! / IMPORTANT!!! Why Is Your Check Engine Light On? Know Before Your Mechanic!!! / Does Your Mechanic Say Dat Your Cant B Fixed Or Doesnt Know What 2 Do: Com To Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Your Mechanic Bashes/crashes Your Car by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jun 25, 2010
can anyone share some real life experiences with me or help me with some practical advise.

What do you do when a mechanic you trust bashes your car?

I've known him for like 6 months and generally I've had no reasons to complain (in my life and business dealings i work with trust a lot). but the big mistake i made was allowing him keep the car for the night as i was out of town. the deal was to fix my car clutch and deliver the ride to my house in the evening. as mechanics are want to do he made up some excuse about still working on the car and that it would be ready morning of next day. on the real i knew he just wanted to rock it but because of the long standing relationship i didn't think it an issue. only on approaching town the next day to hear the bad news. apparently he ran into a roadside big iron dump/dustbin at night while in the company of a female passenger. i almost ran mad and sadly dude is still recuperating from the head and chest injuries sustained. hopefully he returns to full work next week (incident happened like 2 weeks ago).

from the pictures attached I'm glad the damage wasn't of a magnitude to render the car a write off but I'm looking at like 200k from my estimates to get it back in condition. ordinary the mechanic should bear the cost of every, but i've been told invariable i will have to spend my own money. its so annoying from any angle u look at it: the inconveniences, cost of repair, broken friendship, new mechanic search (and we all know they're all the same) etc.

wind screen will have to be changed, fender, bonnet, enough body work as doors aint closing well and i just hope the engine wasnt badly affected.
what do you guys think?

Re: When Your Mechanic Bashes/crashes Your Car by dominique(f): 11:23pm On Jun 25, 2010
wow shocked the the car looks completely totaled to me. can anything really be done to it?
Re: When Your Mechanic Bashes/crashes Your Car by FARAMADE(m): 11:29pm On Jun 25, 2010
Can this car be fixed to provide safe driving? again? I am not sure but whatever you do consider your safety.
Re: When Your Mechanic Bashes/crashes Your Car by german007(m): 11:42pm On Jun 25, 2010
[b]@Trae Z

Firstly, really sorry to hear about the temporary loss of your car, secondly perhaps we need to thank God that he (the silly careless mechanic) didn't loose his life due to his reckless driving, furthermore, the lifelong feeling of guilt would have been permanently imbibed in you for leaving the car with him and allowing him to drive it, even though you did it out of pure trust and goodwill.

From your estimate, the cost might be 200k, I can assure that from his estimate and influence as a mechanic, it will surely cost a lot lot less to repair the car. Reasons being,

He's a mechanic and has a lot to do on the restoration process of the car, also he surely has a panel beater friend in his garage, or a spray painter friend aswell, as his fellow craftmen, they most likely would'nt charge him labour especially after being aware of the traumatic and near fatal ordeal he has gone through, he obviously wouldnt be collecting a dime in labour and can also secure the needed body panels cheaper than you will. Craftsmen and car parts salesmen have some sort of bond and brotherhood amongst each other.

There is also no chance of taking any legal action against him as he probably doesnt have any insurance for his business.

Very high chances are that most of the expenditure will be from your pocket.

Good luck and wish you the best.  cool   cool
[/b]
Re: When Your Mechanic Bashes/crashes Your Car by Nobody: 7:46am On Jun 28, 2010
@dominique: you make me laugh. i guess you're the type that throws a pot of soup away if an unwashed spoon accidentally finds its way in. or better still you wear clothes only once and then hand them over to the poor.

@FARAMADE and german007: will keep your words in mind.

psychologically it's not funny being car-less after getting so used to being mobile.
Re: When Your Mechanic Bashes/crashes Your Car by Nobody: 2:47pm On Feb 18, 2011
happy to finally get this all behind me. see Mobility restored; lessons learnt the hard way
Re: When Your Mechanic Bashes/crashes Your Car by toba1909(m): 3:15pm On Feb 18, 2011
Congrats your ride is back bro! cool
I understand what you've went through as am presently undergoing same stage at the moment.

(1) (Reply)

Ch Mack Carrier Cold Room 6 Tyres Truck Forsale.1 Pic / 1998 Toyota Camry Le For 950k Last / Infiniti Ex35 For Sale @ Cheap Price.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.