Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,825 members, 7,956,116 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:10 AM

Netherlands Prime Minister Rides Bicycle To Work (Photo) - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Netherlands Prime Minister Rides Bicycle To Work (Photo) (21905 Views)

Joe Biden Rides A Bicycle Along The Beach At Kiawah Island, South Carolina / Shameless Taliban Fighters Play On Amusement Park Rides (Pix) / Netherlands Prime Minister Riding A Bicycle To Meet The King (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Netherlands Prime Minister Rides Bicycle To Work (Photo) by lookingfly: 5:30pm On Aug 23, 2018
nextstep:
I can appreciate it but it can't be possible here - we've already covered the usual lazy/corruption/kidnap, but let me ask you:

why should anybody ride their bike in the tropical hot sun or tropical rain abi? What's the temperature in Naija on any given day? Almost 33 with 90%+ humidity. That's punishment. In Netherlands (I just googled), their hottest temperature is a cool 22C in the summer. That's pleasant.

Which roads are you going to safely ride on? Is it the swimming pools and ponds, or the potholes, or the dangerous drivers, or the pavements choked with mama put, vulcanizers, yam roasters, and missing drain covers?
keep giving yourself excuses
Re: Netherlands Prime Minister Rides Bicycle To Work (Photo) by adeniyi65(m): 6:14pm On Aug 23, 2018
If nah for nigeria. soup don done for the indigenous kidnappers.the total budget of the nation for that current year is what they will demand as ransom. nigeria I hail o!!! grin grin grin
Re: Netherlands Prime Minister Rides Bicycle To Work (Photo) by casualobserver1: 7:36pm On Aug 23, 2018
pansophist:
Nothing new here. I live in the Netherlands and it's very normal for high profile people and CEO's biking to work. When I studied, many of my professors biked to school even in winter. Biking is a culture here and not indicative of one's socio-economic status.

Now imagine going for a date like this. Beautiful cool

Netherlands and Denmark are places where they really value bicycle. Here in Nigeria everybody wants to form big boy, but in those countries where people are really enjoying they don't see the need for all this extra.

Another thing is risk of accident and distance Sha. Imagine someone riding bicycle in Lagos. It is very risky na. Even okada that can sharply move out in case of incasity are not safe talk less of bicycle.

1 Like

Re: Netherlands Prime Minister Rides Bicycle To Work (Photo) by Sourcethe: 8:48pm On Aug 23, 2018
Everybody in Holland has a bicycle. If they don't have it now, they have it at a point in their life. I repeat everyone. so bicycles before cars in Holland.
Re: Netherlands Prime Minister Rides Bicycle To Work (Photo) by johnmattew: 10:11pm On Aug 23, 2018
yazach:

Funkeeeeee!!!!

According to this child, Trump must ride bicycle to work to free from being idiot
use ur hear...I was actually referring to Nigerians that are insulting buhari for not being able to do what Dutch president is doing
Re: Netherlands Prime Minister Rides Bicycle To Work (Photo) by KenModi(m): 6:18am On Aug 24, 2018
Mcreloaded:
The change is almost here in Nija Abi did u no hear our president trecked from the mosque to his house maybe given more time he will treck from aso rock to daura come next year finally

Keep decieving yourself. When ur ward councillor cannot do that, you are expecting ur old, fragile and sick looking president to do that??
Re: Netherlands Prime Minister Rides Bicycle To Work (Photo) by Sladem05: 10:48pm On Jul 17
BuhariM:
Buhari can do that as well

He will be gunned down
Re: Netherlands Prime Minister Rides Bicycle To Work (Photo) by Sladem05: 10:51pm On Jul 17
majamajic:
Holland is not that a rich country , but they are organized

Naija is rich but not organized

What are you on? Holland not that rich. Holland is about a third of Africa’s entire GDP. Holland is a 1 trillion dollar economy. Holland has the 11th highest GDP per capita on earth.

Nigeria is not a rich. A couple of affluent neighbourhoods doesn’t make a country rich.
Re: Netherlands Prime Minister Rides Bicycle To Work (Photo) by Sladem05: 10:56pm On Jul 17
Biglittlelois:

Trash, what has black man got to do with it, go and tell Theresa May, Trump, Chinese President and the rest of them to do same, if we want to compare with the whites let it be something intelligent and logical please.

They are revealing that blacks tend to have quite a fragile ego and that is true. I won’t lie blacks we tend to always want to flex what we have. We ain’t humble at all. A rich white man can go to the store in shorts with cheap clothing. A rich black man will carry a convoy.

US and Chinese Presidents get that kind of attention because they lead the two most powerful countries on earth. But generally, a western or Asian politician is just an upgraded civil servant.

Re: Netherlands Prime Minister Rides Bicycle To Work (Photo) by Sladem05: 11:00pm On Jul 17
hopefulLandlord:

You think an American president can ride a bicycle to work?

You think British prime minister can ride a bicycle to work?

You think German prime minister or president can ride a bicycle to work?

you think Putin can ride a bicycle to work?

Let's not put down our continent unnecessarily

Only The high ranking ones can’t
but In general the politicians in those countries blend into society.
Re: Netherlands Prime Minister Rides Bicycle To Work (Photo) by Sladem05: 11:05pm On Jul 17
hopefulLandlord:

thanks for the insults but unfortunately I'm not talented at dishing out insults especially when its unnecessary like in this situation

asides the insult there's barely anything else that shows you understood what you quoted as you simply cherrypicked your way through it. Theresa May doesn't use PT and even if she wanted to the killing of Jo Cox would dissuade her from that

The point I was driving at is that Presidents using tight security is not an African thing. it happens in developed countries too who boast of being secure and having low crime rate so the OP who made it about Africa was wrong. Let's not forget several american presidents that were also assassinated. If Buhari/Trump dares to live like the average poor citizen in terms of security they'd be dead in days

BS, In Western Countries. It is only the high ranking ones that receive a ton of security. Most do not. You can meet a UK MP, US Senator etc in your local bar or restaurant.
Re: Netherlands Prime Minister Rides Bicycle To Work (Photo) by Sladem05: 9:49pm On Sep 19
Ikpongiton:
but it can happen in Uk,croatia,uruguay and france

It happens everywhere in the west
Re: Netherlands Prime Minister Rides Bicycle To Work (Photo) by Sladem05: 9:52pm On Sep 19
casualobserver1:

Netherlands and Denmark are places where they really value bicycle. Here in Nigeria everybody wants to form big boy, but in those countries where people are really enjoying they don't see the need for all this extra.

Another thing is risk of accident and distance Sha. Imagine someone riding bicycle in Lagos. It is very risky na. Even okada that can sharply move out in case of incasity are not safe talk less of bicycle.

Blacks have the most fragile egos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Israel Launches ‘targeted’ Military Operation Inside Gaza’s Al-shifa Hospital. / Kenya's Supreme Court Upholds William Ruto's Presidential Victory / Can Trump Still Be President As A Convicted Felon?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.