Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Lets Move This Country Forward - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lets Move This Country Forward (386 Views)

When Campaign Start Nigerians Will Know Who Is Ready To Take The Country Forward / After Watching This, I Understand Why Buhari Cannot Move The Country Forward / Opinion: How Do We Move This Country Forward? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Move This Country Forward by XXCASH: 5:52pm On Aug 23, 2018
How do we move the country forward. We have heard some but I'll give my reasons why I support the following

1) Single term of 6 years
Benefits: Reduce election cost, more time for governance, no longer bothered with power of incumbency

2) Rotation of power in the constitution
Benefits: Peace across geo-political zones, unity as people are now forced to have a candidate from a particular zone every election cycle, sense of belonging knowing power rotates

With the above items, Nigeria will grow at a faster pace as security will improve very well

Later we can look for ways to reduce legislators pay

Please this is not time to fight or criticize. The social media should also play its role in advancing our democracy

The elections are coming and politicians will start visiting. Lets educate ourselves and demand for what will advance this democracy

So come up with yours too. We can use this platform to change this country

FRONT PAGE should be filled with things like this. Please all proposals have their merit so put on the table
Re: Lets Move This Country Forward by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:59pm On Aug 23, 2018
This is a very good thread and very good and sane points made.

How we wish OBJ made this happened back then, but he was Only bent on 3rd term.

Well, it is never too late!

GOD BLESS you OP.
Re: Lets Move This Country Forward by KraticKratus: 6:06pm On Aug 23, 2018
It won't work.

Infact nothing will work in the zoo.

The zoo has no foundation.
Re: Lets Move This Country Forward by ednut1(m): 6:14pm On Aug 23, 2018
If am gonna spend 6 sure years y shud i bother to do any work as a governor except chopping
Re: Lets Move This Country Forward by XXCASH: 6:19pm On Aug 23, 2018
ednut1:
If am gonna spend 6 sure years y shud i bother to do any work as a governor except chopping

Because if you don't do anything then your people will curse you till you die

Don't forget that its going to be rotated hence your zone wont have the opportunity for the next 25 or 30years (5 or 6 years single term) for president and something similar for governors

Please come up with your own ideas. I'm not Mr right and what I want us to do is use this to proffer solutions
Re: Lets Move This Country Forward by ednut1(m): 6:22pm On Aug 23, 2018
XXCASH:

Because if you don't do anything then your people will curse you till you die

Don't forget that its going to be rotated hence your zone wont have the opportunity for the next 25 or 30years (5 or 6 years single term) for president and something similar for governors

Please come up with your own ideas. I'm not Mr right and what I want us to do is use this to proffer solutions
there is no solution to this quagmire called nigeria. Am leaving soon. Just got my police report for visa runs. Beta do same too.

Re: Lets Move This Country Forward by XXCASH: 6:26pm On Aug 23, 2018
ednut1:
there is no solution to this quagmire called nigeria. Am leaving soon

Thanks but I believe there is greatness underneath all this problem we see. The most precious things (gold, diamond) are found in very dirty and difficult places

There is a lot of strength and benefit in our diversity. All we need to look deep and we will see it

Thanks for the time and effort. I'm here and will do my bit to make this country become a great nation
Re: Lets Move This Country Forward by donbachi(m): 6:28pm On Aug 23, 2018
i suggest the followings: 1~decenteralization of power.2~true federalism.3~resource control.4~decrease consumption and increase production.5~death sentence on corrupt office holders.6~population control
Re: Lets Move This Country Forward by ednut1(m): 6:35pm On Aug 23, 2018
donbachi:
i suggest the followings: 1~decenteralization of power.2~true federalism.3~resource control.4~decrease consumption and increase production.5~death sentence on corrupt office holders.6~population control
1 - its d current politicians dat wud run d decentralised power
2- same response as in 1
3-solves nothing with 13% derivation what does bayelsa and delta hv to show for it
4- lack of infrastructure (power, rail, and oda), something many countries have had for over 70 years. Production cost wud still be higher dan in those countries hence we still hv to import.
5. All politicians wud die be dat
6- some have argued population means more man power grin
Abeg nigeria is doomed
Re: Lets Move This Country Forward by chiagozien(m): 6:37pm On Aug 23, 2018
The zoo will surely go down.
Re: Lets Move This Country Forward by donbachi(m): 6:43pm On Aug 23, 2018
ednut1:

1 - its d current politicians dat wud run d decentralised power
2- same response as in 1
3-solves nothing with 13% derivation what does bayelsa and delta hv to show for it
4- lack of infrastructure (power, rail, and oda), something many countries have had for over 70 years. Production cost wud still be higher dan in those countries hence we still hv to import.
5. All politicians wud die be dat
6- some have argued population means more man power grin
Abeg nigeria is doomed
even in the area of human capacity building.
Re: Lets Move This Country Forward by XXCASH: 7:08pm On Aug 23, 2018
donbachi:

Thanks for the effort.

Please note that if solutions threaten any set of people or region then its going to be difficult to sell

Solutions must have a win win outlook to be generally acceptable
Re: Lets Move This Country Forward by donbachi(m): 7:19pm On Aug 23, 2018
XXCASH:

Thanks for the effort.

Please note that if solutions threaten any set of people or region then its going to be difficult to sell

Solutions must have a win win outlook to be generally acceptable

which has to do with proper reorientation and integration of those people or region into scheme of things.

(1) (Reply)

Obaseki Accompanies Buhari On Investment Tour In China As Edo Govt Approves... / Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity / Truth About The Use Of Eagle Square

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.