Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,586 members, 7,820,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

I Was Mocked And Tagged 'stupid', Says Airport Security Who Returned Bag - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Was Mocked And Tagged 'stupid', Says Airport Security Who Returned Bag (19697 Views)

Becky Osagie, A Lady Who Returned From Italy To Become A Vulcanizer / 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar / Keke Driver Who Returned Nearly N600K Forgotten By Woman Gets Rewarded. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Mocked And Tagged 'stupid', Says Airport Security Who Returned Bag by ManirBK: 11:19pm On Aug 23, 2018
Achi Daniel, a junior security guard at Halogen Securities Limited who returned a bag containing dollars, jewellery, wristwatches and other documents that he found at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos, on Saturday, has revealed that some of his friends mocked him for his honesty.
Speaking with journalists in Lagos on Thursday during a ceremony held to honour him and his supervisor, Francis Emepueaku, Achi said it was not his first time returning lost money in the course of discharging his duty.
The security company also rewarded the duo: Daniel and Francis with education scholarships and the sum of N250,000.
He explained that he was never overwhelmed by the contents of the bag and vowed to do same if he finds himself in a similar situation in future.
He also told journalists that he was not discouraged by those who mocked him, stating that his Christian background aided his character.
He said: “If the money was in multi-millions of foreign currencies, I would still have returned it.
He urged other Nigerians to emulate his character, insisting that it pays to be good.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/08/23/i-was-mocked-and-tagged-stupid-says-airport-security-who-returned-bag-containing-huge

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Was Mocked And Tagged 'stupid', Says Airport Security Who Returned Bag by ManirBK: 11:19pm On Aug 23, 2018
Imagine how corrupt the mind of an average Nigerian Lazy youth is! So, somebody stole the money as some people claim and then keeping it would make the guy 'blessed'? What a mindset!

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Was Mocked And Tagged 'stupid', Says Airport Security Who Returned Bag by dingbang(m): 11:23pm On Aug 23, 2018
Blessed are you, who people persecute, and call all sorts of name for my sake, for yours is the inheritance of the kingdom.

Its the same Bible we read, but few act on the word.

Meanwhile, esteemed first bank customers, y'all can now perform wonderful transactions on the first mobile app, please click the link on my signature for more details on how to register, thanks .

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Was Mocked And Tagged 'stupid', Says Airport Security Who Returned Bag by Michael8026: 11:28pm On Aug 23, 2018
its not easy what they did in this present Nigerian economy they should be applauded. it really takes a lot to return that kind of money

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Was Mocked And Tagged 'stupid', Says Airport Security Who Returned Bag by Iruobean(m): 7:05am On Aug 24, 2018
cool
Re: I Was Mocked And Tagged 'stupid', Says Airport Security Who Returned Bag by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:05am On Aug 24, 2018
You did the right thing Mr Daniel.

Posterity will judge your accusers.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Mocked And Tagged 'stupid', Says Airport Security Who Returned Bag by ct2: 7:05am On Aug 24, 2018
well, u did the right thing, but am not sure that I would have done what you did

20 Likes

Re: I Was Mocked And Tagged 'stupid', Says Airport Security Who Returned Bag by SmartMugu: 7:05am On Aug 24, 2018
Before nko? Dey romance poverty for there, sharp men go don do the needful.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Mocked And Tagged 'stupid', Says Airport Security Who Returned Bag by Olalekank(m): 7:07am On Aug 24, 2018
This is Nigeria: where doing the right thing is called stupid.
This is why continuing with this mentality might make us remain a third world country.

These same people would calling him stupid would come up and say they want to be leaders here in Nigeria, we've missed here in this country.
I don't know this security guy but he has earned my respect.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Mocked And Tagged 'stupid', Says Airport Security Who Returned Bag by dkronicle(m): 7:07am On Aug 24, 2018
Some matter person no suppose talk
Re: I Was Mocked And Tagged 'stupid', Says Airport Security Who Returned Bag by danemenike: 7:08am On Aug 24, 2018
Hi
Re: I Was Mocked And Tagged 'stupid', Says Airport Security Who Returned Bag by LIFEisSIMPLE: 7:08am On Aug 24, 2018
Bless your soul. Do unto others as you ........

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Mocked And Tagged 'stupid', Says Airport Security Who Returned Bag by Exwizard: 7:08am On Aug 24, 2018
But he's actually stupid

Even the money might have been a proceed of syphoned currencies

9 Likes

Re: I Was Mocked And Tagged 'stupid', Says Airport Security Who Returned Bag by 9japrof(m): 7:08am On Aug 24, 2018
One thing i know for sure is that it is very difficult to see a very successful individual who didnt compromise on some moral codes, there are always prices to pay for fame and wealth.

Whether stealing that Money was the right move for them to be wealthy and successful, i dont know or was it for the fear of being caught later on that made them return the funds, its God that would decide that.

But all in all, we appraise honesty when others do it, but even in minute things in our lives, are we honest?

14 Likes

Re: I Was Mocked And Tagged 'stupid', Says Airport Security Who Returned Bag by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 7:09am On Aug 24, 2018
shocked shocked

The man is not only stupid but a fool. If I were the wife, I will stab him while he is asleep.

How can a man let a golden opportunity to escape penury and poverty slip away just like that?

Even Buhari, Tinubu, Saraki , Obasanjo and Co won't let such money escape them .

Security job and morality kee you dia

14 Likes

Re: I Was Mocked And Tagged 'stupid', Says Airport Security Who Returned Bag by flyca: 7:09am On Aug 24, 2018
Who is the owner of that bag?
Is he presently being investigated for money laundering?
Where is EFCC?

2 Likes

Re: I Was Mocked And Tagged 'stupid', Says Airport Security Who Returned Bag by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 24, 2018
That is because you are stupid. The most foolish and idiotic stupid.

God gave you an opportunity to change your life. But poverty does not want to leave you alone.

Foolish man continue in your poverty.

Even as you returned the bag, heaven is not still sure for you.

Mr integrity, i hope you keep enjoying your suffering with your 10k salary while it lasts.

Foolish man poverty kill you there.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Mocked And Tagged 'stupid', Says Airport Security Who Returned Bag by swetjo(f): 7:10am On Aug 24, 2018
You will know the implication of your action very soon

3 Likes

Re: I Was Mocked And Tagged 'stupid', Says Airport Security Who Returned Bag by mostyg(m): 7:11am On Aug 24, 2018
The reward of goodness is goodness.

5 Likes

Re: I Was Mocked And Tagged 'stupid', Says Airport Security Who Returned Bag by henrixx(m): 7:11am On Aug 24, 2018
omor if na me.... grin

I'll just shout WHO HAS THIS BAG

if nobody answer I'll just resign and go and enjoy me retirement grin grin grin

I can't coman kill maself for honesty and integrity

5 Likes

Re: I Was Mocked And Tagged 'stupid', Says Airport Security Who Returned Bag by omamush(f): 7:11am On Aug 24, 2018
he did the right thing, to the guy above God doesn't give people opportunity to steal, from comments here its appalling the level of dishonesty in this country, someone did something right people called him stupid, if he had taken the money and was caught its still this people that will call him thief, love of money, greediness and selfishness is inborn in most people. I fear the people of this world

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Was Mocked And Tagged 'stupid', Says Airport Security Who Returned Bag by noble2faith(m): 7:12am On Aug 24, 2018
MYND44ISANIDIOT:

God gave you an opportunity to change your life. But poverty does not want to leave you alone.

Mr integrity, i hope you enjoy your suffering while it lasts.

Na person talk like this cry

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Mocked And Tagged 'stupid', Says Airport Security Who Returned Bag by shekwoladu: 7:12am On Aug 24, 2018
I can only imagine how those two little voices were fighting themselves when he saw the bag #WorldWar3. Kudos guy, it was not an easy something.

5 Likes

Re: I Was Mocked And Tagged 'stupid', Says Airport Security Who Returned Bag by greatgod2012(f): 7:13am On Aug 24, 2018
That's most Nigerian's mindset for you!

The irony part of it all is that they'd be accusing politicians of being corrupt but many of them will do worse than the present politicians if they find themselves in that position!

Mr Daniel, don't mind them, you've done the right thing, it's because of your type that we still have hope in this country!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Mocked And Tagged 'stupid', Says Airport Security Who Returned Bag by lilmax(m): 7:13am On Aug 24, 2018
keep doing good, it doesn't give you money but it pays, and that is REST OF MIND....the illegal people we have in this country are always restless and fcked up

so you won

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Mocked And Tagged 'stupid', Says Airport Security Who Returned Bag by 11Anonymous(m): 7:14am On Aug 24, 2018
MYND44ISANIDIOT:

Mr integrity, i hope you enjoy your suffering while it lasts.
People like you which I believe constitute 80% of Nigeria citizens are the reason why Nigeria will never move forward from its current state. You are no different from the corrupt politicians we have today.
I pity for our future. So sad.

8 Likes

Re: I Was Mocked And Tagged 'stupid', Says Airport Security Who Returned Bag by IstandWithGod: 7:15am On Aug 24, 2018
Journalists: What do you have to say about that guy?
Ghetto Honourable: I think he didn't return all the money in the bag he found, he kept some for TP to work.

Re: I Was Mocked And Tagged 'stupid', Says Airport Security Who Returned Bag by robotix: 7:17am On Aug 24, 2018
ManirBK:
Achi Daniel, a junior security guard at Halogen Securities Limited who returned a bag containing dollars, jewellery, wristwatches and other documents that he found at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos, on Saturday, has revealed that some of his friends mocked him for his honesty.
Speaking with journalists in Lagos on Thursday during a ceremony held to honour him and his supervisor, Francis Emepueaku, Achi said it was not his first time returning lost money in the course of discharging his duty.
The security company also rewarded the duo: Daniel and Francis with education scholarships and the sum of N250,000.
He explained that he was never overwhelmed by the contents of the bag and vowed to do same if he finds himself in a similar situation in future.
He also told journalists that he was not discouraged by those who mocked him, stating that his Christian background aided his character.
He said: “If the money was in multi-millions of foreign currencies, I would still have returned it.
He urged other Nigerians to emulate his character, insisting that it pays to be good.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/08/23/i-was-mocked-and-tagged-stupid-says-airport-security-who-returned-bag-containing-huge

A lot of Nigerians are thieves.. A whole lot of them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Mocked And Tagged 'stupid', Says Airport Security Who Returned Bag by robotix: 7:18am On Aug 24, 2018
11Anonymous:

People like you which I believe constitute 80% of Nigeria citizens are the reason why Nigeria will never move forward from its current state. You are no different from the corrupt politicians we have today.
me I go soon leave the country for them. A country of idiots with no single contribution to the world aside population

4 Likes

Re: I Was Mocked And Tagged 'stupid', Says Airport Security Who Returned Bag by Nobody: 7:19am On Aug 24, 2018
11Anonymous:

Spare me that talk please. Go tell that to your government and politicians.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should I resign or continue? / Skye Bank Sacks 50 Workers / Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.