Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,610 members, 7,816,511 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

The Bible And Your Faith (1) - Hebrews 13:5-6 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible And Your Faith (1) - Hebrews 13:5-6 (247 Views)

Dear Pastors, What’s Your Thought On Hebrews 13 V 10? / Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me / What Does It Mean To "Sin Wilfully" In Hebrews 10:26? - Prince Gabriel Okocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Bible And Your Faith (1) - Hebrews 13:5-6 by Nobody: 3:50am On Aug 24, 2018
People who attack the subject of faith often say that when you confess the word of God, what you are doing is trying to create something by yourself. This is not true. If a cheque for an account that has no money in it is presented in a bank, such a cheque is known as a bounced cheque. In the same way, it is a crime in the spirit to confess what is not in the Bible. The essence of the statement of account is to show what you have in your account so as to know what your cheque can cover. The Bible is our spiritual statement of account.

Confessing the word of God is withdrawing the cash. In the banking system, there are at least three ways by which you can withdraw cash: You can get cash at an ATM, you can give someone a cheque to withdraw for you from the banking hall or you go physically to the bank to withdraw the needed funds from your account. In the same way, confessing the Word of God is declaring what you see in the word of God. It means personalizing it. ‘The lord is my shepherd, I shall not want’ is a line in your statement of account, but this may not be real in your life. God is a shepherd; He is the shepherd of His people but He may not be the shepherd of your own life.

If you fail to take the scripture and personalize it in your life, you may not experience it. It is possible to have a son that does not allow you to take the place of a father in his life if he is the type that just ignores you and solves his problem by himself even though you really want to help. There are lots of Christians that behave like that. They do not reach out for the help that God has made available for them.

PRAYER: Holy Spirit, show me and teach me to turn the Bible into a reality for me in Jesus’ name. Amen!

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Job 12:1-15:35, 1 Corinthians 15:29-58, Psalm 39:1-13, Proverbs 21:30-31

Rev. Olusola Areogun
www.lifeoasisinternational.com

(1) (Reply)

Good Tidings From Heaven / Passing Through Problem / Rededication: Knowledge Is Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.