Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Jeep Is Crazy!! Here's Why You Should Get One!! - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Jeep Is Crazy!! Here's Why You Should Get One!! (3615 Views)

Nigerian Man Builds A Mini Jeep, Calls It Crazy Camel / A Jeep Climbs Up Near Vertical Rock (Photos, Video) / Hummer Jeep Carries Bamboo Sticks From Market In The East (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jeep Is Crazy!! Here's Why You Should Get One!! by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:49am On Aug 27, 2018
EazyMoh:

Lol! Thanks for the explanation.
But why would you look down on a Jeep to claim you a Jeep fan.
Anyway, I liked the Liberty because it was cheap and claimed by reviewers to be better at off roading than the Honda CRV.

Jeeps are some of the best off-road vehicles in the world. That's without a doubt. Sadly, that's where the feel-good story ends. They aren't really good for much else.

Well, yeah. CRVs are definitely not off-roaders. The term 'CRV' even means 'Comfortable Runabout Vehicle' or something, lol. No joke.

Compare a Jeep to a Landcruiser or Mercedes G Class.

1 Like

Re: Jeep Is Crazy!! Here's Why You Should Get One!! by ivoryhouse(m): 7:43am On Aug 27, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Fair enough. cheesy

Generally considered a mom/girl car, and is unreliableā€“like all Jeeps, lmao. OP just has a hard-on for North American/Italian mediocrity and unreliability. Jeeps are shite.

Well spoken! America makes really interesting cars..kind sir, have you owned an american car? or have you had first hand experience with one? kindly share because last time i checked, the wrangler holds it's value (even in Nigeria) much better than many toyotas and hondas..kindly enlighten us 'ignorant' folk cheesy
Re: Jeep Is Crazy!! Here's Why You Should Get One!! by ivoryhouse(m): 7:46am On Aug 27, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Jeeps are some of the best off-road vehicles in the world. That's without a doubt. Sadly, that's where the feel-good story ends. They aren't really good for much else.

Well, yeah. CRVs are definitely not off-roaders. The term 'CRV' even means 'Comfortable Runabout Vehicle' or something, lol. No joke.

Compare a Jeep to an Landcruiser or Mercedes G Class.

I'd buy a wrangler than a gwagon, any day, any time, especially the 2018 JL grin

The most interesting thing about the wrangler is it's ability to 'convert', and it's also one of the most 'pimpable' suvs on terra firma cool
Re: Jeep Is Crazy!! Here's Why You Should Get One!! by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:16am On Aug 27, 2018
ivoryhouse:

Well spoken! America makes really interesting cars..kind sir, have you owned an american car? or have you had first hand experience with one? kindly share because last time i checked, the wrangler holds it's value (even in Nigeria) much better than many toyotas and hondas..kindly enlighten us 'ignorant' folk cheesy

Never said American cars are bad, though. Chargers are one of my favorite cars. But Chryslers are terrible, lol. That's a known fact. In short, pretty much anything with Italian roots has a penchant for being an unreliable POS.

I've had semi first hand experience with a Chrysler 300. You tell me. grin grin grin

ivoryhouse:

I'd buy a wrangler than a gwagon, any day, any time, especially the 2018 JL grin

The most interesting thing about the wrangler is it's ability to 'convert', and it's also one of the most 'pimpable' suvs on terra firma cool

Well, considering the fact that the most expensive Wrangler costs like a third of the cheapest G, I'm not so surprised. grin
You really can't compare a wrangler to a G, I'm sorry.
Re: Jeep Is Crazy!! Here's Why You Should Get One!! by ivoryhouse(m): 10:02am On Aug 27, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Never said American cars are bad, though. Chargers are one of my favorite cars. But Chryslers are terrible, lol. That's a known fact. In short, pretty much anything with Italian roots has a penchant for being an unreliable POS.

I've had semi first hand experience with a Chrysler 300. You tell me. grin grin grin

I don't know about the Chryslers (I'm not very surprised though the Nigerian Factor could be part of the problem grin )

Well, considering the fact that the most expensive Wrangler costs like a third of the cheapest G, I'm not so surprised. grin

Fair enough... I've seen a pimped up wrangler that costs over $100k so it's not just about the money... at least my wrangler can go topless, and go everywhere the G can, and then some..and I usually buy a car based on how it makes me feel
Re: Jeep Is Crazy!! Here's Why You Should Get One!! by ivoryhouse(m): 10:10am On Aug 27, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

The bolded is not very accurate grin .. verify your data and update, if you wish cool grin grin grin
Re: Jeep Is Crazy!! Here's Why You Should Get One!! by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:34am On Aug 27, 2018
ivoryhouse:

Fair enough... I've seen a pimped up wrangler that costs over $100k so it's not just about the money... at least my wrangler can go topless, and go everywhere the G can, and then some..and I usually buy a car based on how it makes me feel

Fair enough. No one's giving you stick for liking Jeeps. Jeep fans are some of the most devoted, right next to Tesla fans.
ivoryhouse:

The bolded is not very accurate grin .. verify your data and update, if you wish cool grin grin grin

2018 Rubicon - 41k
2018 G550 - 115kl
Re: Jeep Is Crazy!! Here's Why You Should Get One!! by ivoryhouse(m): 12:20pm On Aug 27, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Fair enough. No one's giving you stick for liking Jeeps. Jeep fans are some of the most devoted, right next to Tesla fans.

2018 Rubicon - 41k
2018 G550 - 115kl

depends on who's looking, and what he wants to see cool cool cool grin grin

Re: Jeep Is Crazy!! Here's Why You Should Get One!! by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:26pm On Aug 27, 2018
ivoryhouse:

depends on who's looking, and what he wants to see cool cool cool grin grin

My point stands, although it's more of half than a third. Both cars aren't even in the same class. One is a luxury flagship SUV with powerful off-road abilities, the other is, well, a Jeep. grin
Re: Jeep Is Crazy!! Here's Why You Should Get One!! by ivoryhouse(m): 12:29pm On Aug 27, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

My point stands, although it's more of half than a third. Both cars aren't even in the same class. One is a luxury flagship SUV with powerful off-road abilities, the other is, well, a Jeep. grin

yeah yeah... just look at the two beauties...snow white and the evil but beautiful witch queen..go figure! grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

My 2007 Honda Accord EX-L Thread (Maintenance & Upgrades) / For Sale: Very Neat 2006 Toyota Corolla Sport For N1.95m. / Nissan Primera: Manual Or Auto?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.