Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Social Media And Marketing INTERNS Needed At Andela And Mainone Nigeria. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Social Media And Marketing INTERNS Needed At Andela And Mainone Nigeria. (4814 Views)

Graduate Accounting Intern At Andela Nigeria / Mainone Cable Company Latest Job Recruitment (12 Positions) / Mainone Cable Company Fresh Job Recruitment (8 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Social Media And Marketing INTERNS Needed At Andela And Mainone Nigeria. by latestupdate: 6:33am On Aug 24, 2018
GRADUATE MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS INTERN At Andela Nigeria

Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.

Key Responsibilities

Creating social media campaigns to drive outreach on social media. Also monitoring and evaluating our social media platforms (Facebook, IG, YouTube and Twitter Nigeria)
Media monitoring – online (news website and blogs)
Track press mentions and update communications tracker sheet with relevant information.
Serve as the operations person for the communications team – calendar invites, meeting notes and collating reports.
Content creation – must be able to write a pitch, feedback docs, and briefs.
Attendance at speaking engagements to get MQLs and also follow up with potential applicants into the fellowship and potential SDs.
Organising tours at EPIC Towers and liaising with external stakeholders who are interested in visiting Andela Nigeria.

Qualifications

Must be very organized and be able to collaborate with other departments
Must have completed NYSC
Must be passionate about Communications and PR
Excellent written & verbal communication (public speaking is key) and must be ready to learn.
Record of strong academic performance from a leading academic institution
A great personality and good heart; we have a “no jerk” policy

Benefits & Compensation

Monthly Stipend
Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
Beautiful working environment
Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
Oh, and a chance to change the world!

Apply here:
https://ukaid.org/2018/08/24/graduate-marketing-and-communications-intern-at-andela-nigeria/

GRADUATE SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN AT MainOne Cable Nigeria

MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.

Responsibilities
Social/Online Media Community Management:

Assist with streamlining company social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and other social media platforms), ensuring uniform content and tone of voice for landing pages, graphics, and other elements within the communities.
Increase the number of followers online by 1000 across platforms before middle of 2018
Grow LinkedIn Community groups e.g Nerds Unite to 2000 members by end of 2018
Monitoring and replying to online requests from candidates and clients (initially under supervision MarComms Manager) Ideation and generation of content for online communications for MainOne/MDXI across social platforms and posting on a daily basis, using tools like TweetDeck
Provide support to the PR and Digital Communications Team in terms of ideation and generation of content for online communications for MainOne/MDXI on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube and LinkedIn
Use monthly LinkedIn polls, contests and surveys to build our social media footprint
Ensure all staff and customers are added to MainOne community online.
Work with MarComms Manager and IT on updating MainOne/MDXI websites

Content Generation and Distribution:

Schedule and coordinate a monthly brainstorming meeting with PR and Communications team on monthly social media and blogging calendar
Liaise with internal thought leaders to push out blog posts via owned accounts
Drive awareness of new blog posts by posting the articles into technology and data center forums and groups
Help to create one piece of video content per month and post on YouTube
Manage MainOne’s archive of digital images, videos and other content.

Qualifications, Skills & Competencies

A Bachelor’s degree in any field and Currently on NYSC
Years of Experience: 1 year
Proven written communication skills, and a passion for writing both short- and long-copy.
Experience with Microsoft applications, basic photo editing and video editing software. Experience with PhotoShop and InDesign a plus.
Familiarity managing multiple social media accounts and curating content online
Time management, skills and ability to work well under pressure
Good oral and written communication skills

Demand on the Job:

Fast learner
Good planning, organisational and analytical skills
Time management and skills & ability to work well under pressure.

Apply here
https://ukaid.org/2018/08/24/graduate-social-media-intern-at-mainone-cable-nigeria/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Social Media And Marketing INTERNS Needed At Andela And Mainone Nigeria. by PRINCEVICKEY: 1:41pm On Aug 24, 2018
social MEDIA HANDLER wt all dis qualifications .... na wa oo ..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Social Media And Marketing INTERNS Needed At Andela And Mainone Nigeria. by crunchyg: 1:42pm On Aug 24, 2018
grin
Re: Social Media And Marketing INTERNS Needed At Andela And Mainone Nigeria. by dalexz4(m): 1:43pm On Aug 24, 2018
I'm a secondary school leaver and I believe I'm the perfect job for this job. I pray God grants me admission.
Re: Social Media And Marketing INTERNS Needed At Andela And Mainone Nigeria. by StreetStyle: 1:44pm On Aug 24, 2018
OK OOOOO
Re: Social Media And Marketing INTERNS Needed At Andela And Mainone Nigeria. by SolnergyPower: 1:44pm On Aug 24, 2018
Interesting...
Re: Social Media And Marketing INTERNS Needed At Andela And Mainone Nigeria. by vikkeee(m): 1:47pm On Aug 24, 2018
grow your bla bla bla before middle of 2018? we almost done with the eighth month na.

I don't understand the 'benefits part' food and monthly stipend is all the individual will get?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Social Media And Marketing INTERNS Needed At Andela And Mainone Nigeria. by SEONaijaExpert: 1:51pm On Aug 24, 2018
Cool opportunity as the world is digitalized
Re: Social Media And Marketing INTERNS Needed At Andela And Mainone Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 24, 2018
MainOne
Re: Social Media And Marketing INTERNS Needed At Andela And Mainone Nigeria. by tstx(m): 2:34pm On Aug 24, 2018
cool

see my signature
Re: Social Media And Marketing INTERNS Needed At Andela And Mainone Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 24, 2018
Ooouuu this is my dream job,sadly I don't qualify
Re: Social Media And Marketing INTERNS Needed At Andela And Mainone Nigeria. by BrotherBlood1: 2:57pm On Aug 24, 2018
Untop of those qualifications, one will still be paid 30k to 50k.
Social media jobs in Nigeria SUCKS!

3 Likes

Re: Social Media And Marketing INTERNS Needed At Andela And Mainone Nigeria. by Aydesmond(m): 3:08pm On Aug 24, 2018
Increase the number of followers b4 middle of 2018

1 Like

Re: Social Media And Marketing INTERNS Needed At Andela And Mainone Nigeria. by AdelG: 3:11pm On Aug 24, 2018
G
Re: Social Media And Marketing INTERNS Needed At Andela And Mainone Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 24, 2018
See why Nigeria will never progress.

This Company is a tech company which is seeking to disrupt how skilled people are hired in Nigeria, training quality coders because the Universities have failed badly at this, yet they chose to eliminated 90% of the population from applying for this 'experience based job" with all these academic qualifications imagine ( BSc, NYSC and so and so ).

A simple skills listing without academics qualification would have been enough: seek portfolio first, and allow self taught people without the academic garbage but this is Nigeria.

I see this in design jobs too, animation and programming. Sectors without representation in Nigerian universities yet Tech companies still insist on using academic garbage to disqualify highly skilled people.

All this stern from my experience here in my workplace where we have to get skilled freelancers ; white guys, and Indians, to do our work, most without formal education but great portfolios. They thrive because Technology opened another channel for creative individuals without formal tertiary education.

Nigerian Tech companies are just worst, they aren't innovative, take risk, lead, or hardly disrupt anything. Just follow bandwagon that why I don't believe there are any real Tech companies in Nigeria just normal offices.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Social Media And Marketing INTERNS Needed At Andela And Mainone Nigeria. by qanda: 4:01pm On Aug 24, 2018
ok
Re: Social Media And Marketing INTERNS Needed At Andela And Mainone Nigeria. by Yelutide: 4:03pm On Aug 24, 2018
To be a social media marketer for this company, you need to be a graduate with the above qualification. Something secondary school children are doing with joy making money from social media. Certificate is overated.

6 Likes

Re: Social Media And Marketing INTERNS Needed At Andela And Mainone Nigeria. by bigpsalm07: 4:03pm On Aug 24, 2018
Hello everyone, does anyone has any Idea about AB Microfinance test? If Yes, which site can I visit to get likely questions?
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Social Media And Marketing INTERNS Needed At Andela And Mainone Nigeria. by penplus: 4:32pm On Aug 24, 2018
Good one

1 Like

Re: Social Media And Marketing INTERNS Needed At Andela And Mainone Nigeria. by SaintChukz(m): 10:25pm On Aug 24, 2018
ola1991:
I'm a secondary school leaver and I believe I'm the perfect job for this job. I pray God grants me admission.

You can hardly even get your tenses right. So in what way are you the perfect person for the job?

PS: You're spamming everywhere with your garbage! sad undecided
Re: Social Media And Marketing INTERNS Needed At Andela And Mainone Nigeria. by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:50pm On Aug 24, 2018
Amakavula:

This Company is a tech company which is seeking to disrupt how skilled people are hired in Nigeria, training quality coders because the Universities have failed badly at this, yet they chose to eliminated 90% of the population from applying for this 'experience based job" with all these academic qualifications imagine ( BSc, NYSC and so and so ).

A simple skills listing without academics qualification would have been enough: seek portfolio first, and allow self taught people without the academic garbage but this is Nigeria.

I see this in design jobs too, animation and programming. Sectors without representation in Nigerian universities yet Tech companies still insist on using academic garbage to disqualify highly skilled people.

All this stern from my experience here in my workplace where we have to get skilled freelancers ; white guys, and Indians, to do our work, most without formal education but great portfolios. They thrive because Technology opened another channel for creative individuals without formal tertiary education.

Nigerian Tech companies are just worst, they aren't innovative, take risk, lead, or hardly disrupt anything. Just follow bandwagon that why I don't believe there are any real Tech companies in Nigeria just normal offices.
Google does not even seek degrees when recruiting. Skills first before degrees but everything is totally different in this part of the world.
Re: Social Media And Marketing INTERNS Needed At Andela And Mainone Nigeria. by Bahddo(m): 9:20am On Aug 25, 2018
Amakavula:

some of you just say the first thing that comes into your head without double checking.

There are two companies recruiting (but they are both 'this company' to you). One never asked for degrees, just NYSC (if you are a graduate) because the Nigerian laws mandate service before employment for graduates. Employers should ask for NYSC certificate or exemption letter.

You know nothing about Nigerian tech companies.

(1) (Reply)

Massive Recruitment At ELIZADE University, 12th July, 2018 / Job Vacancy For Contact Centre At Vic Lawrence And Associates / Creative Associates International Job Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.