Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,834 members, 7,831,703 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Third Mainland Bridge Closure; What Is Your Experience So Far? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Third Mainland Bridge Closure; What Is Your Experience So Far? (17971 Views)

3rd Mainland Bridge Closure, Please Share Your Experience And Alternative Routes / Twin Tanker Explosion At Sagamu Forces Interchange Bridge Closure / 3rd Mainland Bridge Closure: Updates On Traffic Around Lagos Metropolis (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Third Mainland Bridge Closure; What Is Your Experience So Far? by AkupeMBANO(m): 10:18am On Aug 24, 2018
benzene00:
who asked you
e pain am
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Closure; What Is Your Experience So Far? by CreamyCoffee: 10:43am On Aug 24, 2018
KingSatan:
My experience is simple. I haven't gotten any Red human juice from that bridge since it's closure. Anyways,no matter how much they spend on it, its still one of my major sources of wine.
you are nothing but a confused fool with emaciated brain cells, even though who really hail satan will never say this......stupid boy
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Closure; What Is Your Experience So Far? by handlernoni: 10:59am On Aug 24, 2018
please what is happening around costain, apogbon down to CMS?
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Closure; What Is Your Experience So Far? by johnnyn1(m): 12:03pm On Aug 24, 2018
You deserve some Accolades

kirkwood:
God bless Seun for Nairaland.

The comments and opinions here are the best so far.

The anonymity of individuals behind these comments has helped produced the best resources on all issues in Nigeria

Raw. Honest. Dishoest. Human beings at their peak.

Nairaland Forum should be bigger and better than Facebook or Instagram or Snapchat because it is more useful to us as Nigerians.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Closure; What Is Your Experience So Far? by Gerrard59(m): 12:12pm On Aug 24, 2018
mudiana:
most jobs in Lagos can be done from the comfort of ur home but Nigeria ogas won't let it happen cos they like seeing their employees faces. Others like to bully and shout like mad cows cos it gives them joy to show who is boss.

Sure, working from home seems to be the best, healthy for most employees in Lagos. But have you considered the assumed lackadaisical attitude and lack of reliable infrastructure (steady light and Internet connection) required for such working mobility? Mark Essien complained about the lack of infrastructure needed to implement the scheme smoothly.

@Topic: Thank God I never resume my appointment. Then again, I'd have pleaded for days off. I cannot come and die 'cos of Lagos traffic.

But then again, mbok, Lagos NEEDS a reliable train system. It's not like this in Tokyo.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Closure; What Is Your Experience So Far? by victorian(f): 12:44pm On Aug 24, 2018
Traffic is crazy when leaving mainland to island . I almost cried while driving, come and see holdup! . Have taken a turn back to my office , mainland. I can't take this shitt!

Until next week before heading to island again.

And see people stranded at the busstop, especially Yaba busstop. The red busses are filled to the brim carrying people like sardines.

Mehn forget island movement, if u are coming from mainland.. It's crazy out there. Thank God am back to mainland. Ope o!
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Closure; What Is Your Experience So Far? by vitmax(m): 12:44pm On Aug 24, 2018
I don't understand why people don't use lag ferry, it's fast,cheap and less stressful (I don't advice you to take it at night tho)
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Closure; What Is Your Experience So Far? by jetson06: 1:40pm On Aug 24, 2018
I stabbed work today.

You know how it goes down in the public sector.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Closure; What Is Your Experience So Far? by romenna: 1:48pm On Aug 24, 2018
to tink i work in dis same lagos where i take 50 naira bus to and from work makes it so unbelievable wen i hear abt pipo's complain abt traffic, tfare and so on.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Closure; What Is Your Experience So Far? by Abdogood(m): 1:51pm On Aug 24, 2018
Going from mainland to island is not an issue, but coming back homw from island to mainland is the big deal. You just see everyone running hope like a mad dog, and to make matter worst today is friday.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Closure; What Is Your Experience So Far? by sekem: 2:10pm On Aug 24, 2018
kirkwood:
God bless Seun for Nairaland.

The comments and opinions here are the best so far.

The anonymity of individuals behind these comments has helped produced the best resources on all issues in Nigeria

Raw. Honest. Dishoest. Human beings at their peak.

Nairaland Forum should be bigger and better than Facebook or Instagram or Snapchat because it is more useful to us as Nigerians.

After thanking God for Seun, you should also thank God for the rest of us who are always wasting whiling away our precious time right here on this website

Because if not for the rest of us, I'm so sure uncle Seun would still be sending his CV to all micro finance banks in the country without any hope in sight to date tongue

1 Like

Re: Third Mainland Bridge Closure; What Is Your Experience So Far? by onegig(m): 5:33pm On Aug 24, 2018
ShenTeh:

Left Ogudu before 5:15am. Hit Ikorodu road at Anthony via Gbagada Expressway. Veered to Muritala Mohammed Way and headed to Oyingbo.

As at 5:30, there was already heavy traffic on Muritala Mohammed around Post Office and drivers began using the BRT lane there.

Got to Oyingbo only to find that the usual cause of traffic in that place had not been taken care of by our able government. (Oyingbo early morning trading by market women who slice the road into 3 and give us one!)

The 'go-slow’ rode all the way to Iddo, and locked up at the foot of both the pedestrian and beneath Carter bridge. Again, because there's an unmaintained bad portion shortly after the left turn under Carter bridge in Iddo that has perennially bedeviled that spot.

More importantly, if you are or headed there now and reading this, please keep left. Don't join the queue to turn under the Carter bridge. Keep left and climb the bridge and go do a U turn in front. I don't know what name they call that place but keep left, there are about 12 trailers parked to your left descending same bridge; the road will pan out to you as you are descending. Do a U and you will be headed straight to the Island wether you then choose to turn right into Eko bridge on keep straight into Idumota market.

I went straight on Carter into Marina via the market.

Well, it took a little less than an hour, but I got to VI fine.

I don't know how to swear for those market women.

Like what in hell is their problem? Even if government is not doing anything don't they have conscience seeing people spend long hours on the road just because of their activities. Would they die if they move the trays into the inner streets? Sometimes I truly can't wrap my head around how some Nigerians think.

1 Like

Re: Third Mainland Bridge Closure; What Is Your Experience So Far? by Babysho(m): 6:31pm On Aug 24, 2018
Hahnemann:
I don't even know where Lagos is since I was born

No reason to brother. There's nothing here other than Danfo buses and pocket pickers.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Closure; What Is Your Experience So Far? by Ibrochaka(m): 7:52pm On Aug 24, 2018
adioolayi:

Those hawkers are super sharp, market moved straightaway to Ikorodu road. No time to check time... grin grin
because even to check that time na waste of time
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Closure; What Is Your Experience So Far? by Hujosi: 8:13pm On Aug 24, 2018
FTjnr:

i won't even beg anybody.

if by 3pm work has not closed i'll find my way back home.

we're still in oyingbo market BTW. so tight it reminds me of a virgin i couldn't penetrate.
Na the market wey u dey hawk cassava and yam be this?
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Closure; What Is Your Experience So Far? by FTjnr(m): 8:35pm On Aug 24, 2018
Hujosi:

Na the market wey u dey hawk cassava and yam be this?

no...that was your mom squeezing through 4 people. poor woman...see how she's suffering. she would never know her useless son is now an attendant in one local abortion clinic.

and in case you didn't know, i took those pictures while chilling in the staff bus.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Closure; What Is Your Experience So Far? by Hujosi: 8:45pm On Aug 24, 2018
FTjnr:

no...that was your mom squeezing through 4 people. poor woman...see how she's suffering. she would never know her useless son is now an attendant in one local abortion clinic.

and in case you didn't know, i took those pictures while chilling in the staff bus.
You think this is that ashawo thread where your supporters will come to rescue?. Na neutral ground be this. I will finish you and make you contemplate suicide.

What do you mean by staff bus? The one ambode provided to convey yam sellers from oyingbo to mile 12 market? Aren't you the same small boy that claimed to have a car when you settled some rift with some soldiers in Lagos last month?

Better focus on your cassava and yam selling before those old women for oyingbo steal all your customers. By the way how much do you sell your yams? Hope they're not too expensive?
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Closure; What Is Your Experience So Far? by Omooba77: 8:57pm On Aug 24, 2018
Apongbon to Constain to Alaka not smiling, same as Adeniji to Carter-Iddo/ Ijora to Oyingbo
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Closure; What Is Your Experience So Far? by Kayharry(m): 8:58pm On Oct 08, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

International Flight Returns To Enugu Airport After Two Years / Track Laying Work On The Kaduna-Kano Railway / Praying, Fasting, Whistle-blowing & Extreme Ways To Secure The Nigerian Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.