Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,771 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:14 AM

3rd Mainland Bridge: Roads That Are Likely To Be Congested - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 3rd Mainland Bridge: Roads That Are Likely To Be Congested (11193 Views)

Floods At 3rd Mainland Bridge, Oworo Estate (Photos) / Which Are The Top 5 Most Traffic Congested Roads In Lagos / #181LagosRoads: List Of Lagos Roads That Are Yet To Be Constructed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

3rd Mainland Bridge: Roads That Are Likely To Be Congested by AutoReportNG: 11:50am On Aug 24, 2018
It is no news that the 3rd Mainland Bridge in Lagos will be shut for vehicular movements for 4 days from 12 am 24th August 2018. Lagos is a cosmopolitan city with traffic issues, with traffic issues from trailers, and tankers to cope, traffic in Lagos has been a pain to every motorist. The closure of 3rd Mainland Bridge will have an adverse effect on Lagos roads. The Lagos State Government with all security agencies has advised road users to use other road alternatives like Carter Bridge also known as Eko Bridge, Ikorodu Road among others.

AutoReportNG went to town before the closure of the 3rd Mainland Bridge to access the level of traffic and how the city can fare during these 4 days, during our assessment, we noticed some areas that may be traffic prone for users in these four days.

1. Ikorodu Road

[img]https://2.bp..com/-rYqM8J5ZSug/W39VurjJnRI/AAAAAAAAUTA/dcjgB_4hUAc9-rufOrHUdSoQUTQ0dP4QACLcBGAs/s640/ikd.jpg[/img]

Except a miracle happens midnight and all the tankers and trailers within these roads are relocated, Ikorodu Road may be the worst place to be. With trailers all over the road, they have not only constituted a nuisance to the road, they have divided the road into two, they took the other part of the road while vehicles took the other lane. Now that the 3rd Mainland Bridge will be closed, this road will be heavily packed as this road leads to major road outlets like Ketu, Ojota, Ikeja and those going outside Lagos.

2. Eko Bridge

[img]https://1.bp..com/-7LO2fEOmpvk/W3_fLfSTXyI/AAAAAAAAUTY/pkylI_ZDbOkhqaQZoM9PoL9niIJB-tbqACLcBGAs/s1600/eko.jpeg[/img]

Eko Bridge will be the best alternative for those who are coming from Island and want to link to the mainland, however, Eko Bridge seems to be faced with three issues, one is traders selling within this area. Traders in Idumota, Balogun, Oke-Arin, Isale Eko block the roads when they are selling, a visit to Idumota during the day will reveal the situation of things to you even with the presence of CBD and LASTMA officials, they seem uncontrollable, also is the case of the danfos that turn the road to their park, going towards Eyin Eyo when climbing the bridge is usually hectic especially areas like Tom Jones, Adeniji among others, except if the LASTMA decided to do a total overhaul of that road, another one aspect to be worried about are the trailers and tankers. The trailers and tankers have taken over roads from Iddo, Ijora Olopa up to Ijora 7up and then to the bridge linking Apapa. With these two issues, they can maneuver from Ijora Olopa to link Costain bridge.

3. Oshodi-Apapa Expressway

[img]https://3.bp..com/-zRQz_YGCPx4/W3_f-rNxXnI/AAAAAAAAUTg/jo-qti8lWmIjoQjQKXlrOgL_pbhlFkH7wCLcBGAs/s640/oshodi.jpg[/img]

This road can best be described as the mother of all traffic in Lagos all thanks to the port, trailers, and tankers in this route. The Oshodi-Apapa Expressway has become practically unmotorable due to the trailers on the road, with the closure of the bridge, this road will be in total mess except for something fast is done on time.

Other roads which may likely be jampacked include, Yaba, Bariga Road, Obalende.

The good thing is that LASTMA, FRSC, RRS and some other security agencies will be on the road to help direct and maintain orderliness on the road.

Advice
Since we all know the road will be blocked, now is the time to encourage our car owners to pack the cars at home and use the Bus Rapid Transit, BRT as this will help to reduce the number of cars on the road.

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/08/3rd-mainland-bridge-roads-that-are.html

1 Like

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge: Roads That Are Likely To Be Congested by AutoReportNG: 11:50am On Aug 24, 2018
Whats your take?
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge: Roads That Are Likely To Be Congested by crunchyg: 1:44pm On Aug 24, 2018
Autoreports I hope the road to iya Amala shop is not congested because hunger dey wire me here

2 Likes

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge: Roads That Are Likely To Be Congested by fvck(m): 1:44pm On Aug 24, 2018
U see why I prefer using my chopper?

2 Likes

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge: Roads That Are Likely To Be Congested by kindnyce(m): 1:44pm On Aug 24, 2018
No Pain, No Gain
Lagosians that's the little price you got to pay for transformation and development undecided
Me I Rep abj sha
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge: Roads That Are Likely To Be Congested by Diamondbeatz(m): 1:45pm On Aug 24, 2018
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge: Roads That Are Likely To Be Congested by queensera(f): 1:46pm On Aug 24, 2018
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge: Roads That Are Likely To Be Congested by captainamiedi1: 1:46pm On Aug 24, 2018
all those road are block. even BRT lane are not left out. i spend 2hours 30 minutes to move from lekki phase 1 to yaba. when evening come people will trekk dere ass out. many people will suffer today.
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge: Roads That Are Likely To Be Congested by eRex(m): 1:47pm On Aug 24, 2018
Grammer.... wen there we open roads.... we could not even get the BRT safely...
now u are advicing us to use BRT,.. when it will not take us to our houses..

We d*e here... In my car i dey .....when I reach I reach....

2 Likes

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge: Roads That Are Likely To Be Congested by Diamondbeatz(m): 1:47pm On Aug 24, 2018
Price that must be paid.

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge: Roads That Are Likely To Be Congested by bigpicture001: 1:47pm On Aug 24, 2018
which is busier and in more urgent need of maintenance..3rd mainland bridge or river niger bridge in onitsha...? fashola the tribalist!...y didn't u tell fashola not to politicise his projects

2 Likes

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge: Roads That Are Likely To Be Congested by Mubarak05(m): 1:49pm On Aug 24, 2018
That's nice anyway
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge: Roads That Are Likely To Be Congested by laurel03(m): 1:51pm On Aug 24, 2018
if you don't have important things to do in Lagos island just stay back... my concern too is those trailers parked everywhere

1 Like

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge: Roads That Are Likely To Be Congested by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 24, 2018
The solution to lagos traffic is a rail system. This should be the main project of the state government now not those buses

2 Likes

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge: Roads That Are Likely To Be Congested by frugal(m): 1:52pm On Aug 24, 2018
AutoReportNG:

Advice
Since we all know the road will be blocked, now is the time to encourage our car owners to pack the cars at home and use the Bus Rapid Transit, BRT as this will help to reduce the number of cars on the road.

Worst advice. You'll get stranded. Best to stay indoors.

3 Likes

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge: Roads That Are Likely To Be Congested by Kaycee9242(m): 1:52pm On Aug 24, 2018
Only d bridge inspection will take 4 days closure, I wonder how many yrs it will take to repair it
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge: Roads That Are Likely To Be Congested by faithfull18(f): 1:52pm On Aug 24, 2018
There's going to be serious traffic today which means transportation fares will be hiked as usual
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge: Roads That Are Likely To Be Congested by Originality007: 1:53pm On Aug 24, 2018
if you no Wetin my eye see today from Yaba to CMS... cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge: Roads That Are Likely To Be Congested by umuna(m): 2:02pm On Aug 24, 2018
AutoReportNG:
Whats your take?

No traffic officers on the roads and Market women took over the road at Oyingbo market causing many motorist wasted hours this morning. I left 7up around 0535hrs and got to Alagomeji at 0607hrs from there, it took me 2 hours (0810hrs) to CMS.

2 Likes

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge: Roads That Are Likely To Be Congested by piagetskinner(m): 2:03pm On Aug 24, 2018
na BRT sure pass now oo
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge: Roads That Are Likely To Be Congested by ChiefSweetus: 2:04pm On Aug 24, 2018
Aww. Una no get visa? Poor people. sad
*in tellwisdom voice*

2 Likes

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge: Roads That Are Likely To Be Congested by DanWrites(m): 2:10pm On Aug 24, 2018
shocked shocked shocked
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge: Roads That Are Likely To Be Congested by Vocnewsblog(m): 2:14pm On Aug 24, 2018
To all those plying those roads I say sorry....
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge: Roads That Are Likely To Be Congested by ednut1(m): 2:14pm On Aug 24, 2018
Which BRT are u talking about. Again its raining u expect pple used to comfort of cars to enter raining and potopoto hahahaha
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge: Roads That Are Likely To Be Congested by Sirpaul(m): 2:14pm On Aug 24, 2018
hm

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge: Roads That Are Likely To Be Congested by AutoReportNG: 2:15pm On Aug 24, 2018
umuna:

No traffic officers on the roads and Market women took over the road at Oyingbo market causing many motorist wasted hours this morning. I left 7up around 0535hrs and got to Alagomeji at 0607hrs from there, it took me 2 hours (0810hrs) to CMS.

Thanks for the update..
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge: Roads That Are Likely To Be Congested by dominique(f): 2:30pm On Aug 24, 2018
Times like these that I'm so happy I'm indoors most of the time smiley
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge: Roads That Are Likely To Be Congested by eluquenson(m): 2:36pm On Aug 24, 2018
Lagosians should be aware that when the main maintenance starts, it will take 24months to be done.

Our govt are as wicked as satan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge: Roads That Are Likely To Be Congested by 69MissedCalls(m): 2:41pm On Aug 24, 2018
Una dey craze. Wetin concern me?
I be yahoo boy grin
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge: Roads That Are Likely To Be Congested by bossvinqualad25(m): 2:54pm On Aug 24, 2018
bigpicture001:
which is busier and in more urgent need of maintenance..3rd mainland bridge or river niger bridge in onitsha...? fashola the tribalist!
must you tribalise everything, stupid bigot [color=#550000][/color]
Re: 3rd Mainland Bridge: Roads That Are Likely To Be Congested by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 24, 2018
AutoReportNG:
It is no news that the 3rd Mainland Bridge in Lagos will be shut for vehicular movements for 4 days from 12 am 24th August 2018. Lagos is a cosmopolitan city with traffic issues, with traffic issues from trailers, and tankers to cope, traffic in Lagos has been a pain to every motorist. The closure of 3rd Mainland Bridge will have an adverse effect on Lagos roads. The Lagos State Government with all security agencies has advised road users to use other road alternatives like Carter Bridge also known as Eko Bridge, Ikorodu Road among others.

AutoReportNG went to town before the closure of the 3rd Mainland Bridge to access the level of traffic and how the city can fare during these 4 days, during our assessment, we noticed some areas that may be traffic prone for users in these four days.

1. Ikorodu Road

[img]https://2.bp..com/-rYqM8J5ZSug/W39VurjJnRI/AAAAAAAAUTA/dcjgB_4hUAc9-rufOrHUdSoQUTQ0dP4QACLcBGAs/s640/ikd.jpg[/img]

Except a miracle happens midnight and all the tankers and trailers within these roads are relocated, Ikorodu Road may be the worst place to be. With trailers all over the road, they have not only constituted a nuisance to the road, they have divided the road into two, they took the other part of the road while vehicles took the other lane. Now that the 3rd Mainland Bridge will be closed, this road will be heavily packed as this road leads to major road outlets like Ketu, Ojota, Ikeja and those going outside Lagos.

2. Eko Bridge

[img]https://1.bp..com/-7LO2fEOmpvk/W3_fLfSTXyI/AAAAAAAAUTY/pkylI_ZDbOkhqaQZoM9PoL9niIJB-tbqACLcBGAs/s1600/eko.jpeg[/img]

Eko Bridge will be the best alternative for those who are coming from Island and want to link to the mainland, however, Eko Bridge seems to be faced with three issues, one is traders selling within this area. Traders in Idumota, Balogun, Oke-Arin, Isale Eko block the roads when they are selling, a visit to Idumota during the day will reveal the situation of things to you even with the presence of CBD and LASTMA officials, they seem uncontrollable, also is the case of the danfos that turn the road to their park, going towards Eyin Eyo when climbing the bridge is usually hectic especially areas like Tom Jones, Adeniji among others, except if the LASTMA decided to do a total overhaul of that road, another one aspect to be worried about are the trailers and tankers. The trailers and tankers have taken over roads from Iddo, Ijora Olopa up to Ijora 7up and then to the bridge linking Apapa. With these two issues, they can maneuver from Ijora Olopa to link Costain bridge.

3. Oshodi-Apapa Expressway

[img]https://3.bp..com/-zRQz_YGCPx4/W3_f-rNxXnI/AAAAAAAAUTg/jo-qti8lWmIjoQjQKXlrOgL_pbhlFkH7wCLcBGAs/s640/oshodi.jpg[/img]

This road can best be described as the mother of all traffic in Lagos all thanks to the port, trailers, and tankers in this route. The Oshodi-Apapa Expressway has become practically unmotorable due to the trailers on the road, with the closure of the bridge, this road will be in total mess except for something fast is done on time.

Other roads which may likely be jampacked include, Yaba, Bariga Road, Obalende.

The good thing is that LASTMA, FRSC, RRS and some other security agencies will be on the road to help direct and maintain orderliness on the road.

Advice

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/08/3rd-mainland-bridge-roads-that-are.html

idiotic plan less minister for works couldn't fix the 4 days 3rd mainland bridge closure to coincide with eid 2 days public holidays last week + last weekend to save people unnecessary stress. spits.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Become A Permanent Residence In Canada / UBER Under Fire For Discriminating Against Women. / Canada To Lift Travel Ban On 10 African Nations, Boost Border Testing For COVID

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.