Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Open Letter To Governor Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Governor Okorocha (241 Views)

Ganduje, Akpabio, Others, Visit Governor Okorocha At People's House, Owerri / If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha / Governor Okorocha Gives $25,000 To Miracle, BBNaija Winner. Fulfills Promise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To Governor Okorocha by KesaaKingsKen(m): 12:51pm On Aug 24, 2018
AN OPEN LETTER TO GOVERNOR ROCHAS OKOROCHA
Dear Owelle,
It is with heavy heart filled with pain that I write to you this morning. Ordinarily, I would have chosen to keep mute but it will be sinful of me to shut up at this critical time in our state.
Your Excellency, on assumption of duty in 2011, it was as if it is a prayer answered but to a reasonable extent, imolites are disappointed with what has been on the ground.
There are so many issues to talk about but for the sake of your busy schedule which is yet to yield any positive impact to the good people of IMO State, I would keep only on your forthcoming local government elections which you intend holding tomorrow, the 25th day of August 2018.
Sir, in a stanza of our state anthem that we all love so much, it talked about rule of law. It baffles me tremendously that most of the things you condemn about the administration of your predecessor, are all you are doing and even worse.
We were so optimistic that six months into your tenure in 2011, there would have been a fresh local government elections having cancelled the one conducted prior to your arrival despite several court orders asking you to do the needful.
Your Excellency, what do you gain conducting this election barely six months into the general election? I have it on good authority that most political parties are boycotting your forthcoming local government election and this shows to a huge extent that the people have lost confidence in you.
With the state of the state and considering that you are on the verge of vacating Douglas House, don't you think that talking about your local government election at this time is abnormal? Imolites are suffering on daily basis due to non payment of pensions and salaries and most importantly, the ugly state of our roads. Today, no imolite can drive freely on the roads within Owerri metropolis and any responsible government should be worried. It is said that one whose house is on fire should not go about chasing rats.
Your Excellency, the millions of tax payers money that you are about to squander tomorrow is uncalled for and unfortunate. The people, whom this election is supposed to be for, obviously are not interested because of your modus operandi towards it. I doubt the sincerity of the election and the independent nature of the umpire.
The supposed election is been ran by your own faction of the ruling party and the question is; who is going to contest against your men tomorrow?
Your Excellency, it will be quite irresponsible for you to go ahead and spend our money tomorrow in something you and I know that is not worth it.
As a patriotic citizen of IMO State, i humbly advice that you channel these resources towards the rescue of our roads and payment of our workers and pensioners and reappoint a fresh caretaker committee as you have always do. It will go along way in helping the people you swore to protect. May I also remind you that you are under an oath to protect the good people of IMO State.
IMO MUST BE BETTER... THIS IS MY PRAYER.

My name is KENKWO, KESAANDU KINGSLEY.
I am from Umuezegwu, Ihitte/Uboma.

(1) (Reply)

It Is Time To Build Our Nation / Nigerian Economy On Life Support / Buhari To Lawyers: Improve Integrity Of Nation’s Judicial, Electoral Systems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.