Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,557 members, 7,823,448 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Gov Okowa Assents To Bill Prohibiting Extortion, Forceful Entry Into Properties - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Okowa Assents To Bill Prohibiting Extortion, Forceful Entry Into Properties (5894 Views)

Okowa Assents To Bill Banning Open Grazing In Delta / Buhari Assents To Police Bill 2020 / President Buhari Assents To 5 New Bills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Okowa Assents To Bill Prohibiting Extortion, Forceful Entry Into Properties by edunwablog: 2:44pm On Aug 24, 2018
Gov. Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta has signed into law the Delta State Public and Private Properties Protection Bill 2018 which outlaws illegal collections and forceful entry by touts into development sites.

Okowa also on Friday in Asaba, assented to the Delta State Oil Producing Area Development Commission (DESOPADEC) Amendment Bill 2018.

The governor after signing the bills said that harassment of property developers by touts in the name of “deve” had chased away a lot of developers from the state.

He, however, expressed confidence that with the signing into law of the bill prohibiting illegal and forceful entry into development sites, the state would witness speedy development.

“We will collaborate with the State House of Assembly to ensure that laws are passed to impact positively on the lives of our people.

“I am glad that this bill to prohibit the forcefully entry into public and private properties has been signed into law.

“It will stop youths from trespassing into property development sites in the state and make investment to thrive.

“This prohibition will impact on the lives of our people and bring investment sanity into the state,” Okowa said.

The governor said that the amendment of the DESOPADEC law was meant to ensure that no vacuum was created in the leadership of the commission.

He added that government could now extend the tenure of the board under given circumstances.

He commended the state legislature for its cordial relationship with the executive in bringing development to the people.

Earlier, the Speaker of the House, Sheriff Oborevwori, while presenting the bills to the governor, said that the bills passed through all the processes required for them to be passed.

He also added that they were meant to impact positively on the people of the state by ensuring peace, boosting the economy and bringing development to the state.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/08/gov-okowa-assents-to-bill-prohibiting.html

3 Likes

Re: Gov Okowa Assents To Bill Prohibiting Extortion, Forceful Entry Into Properties by Ekez(m): 2:48pm On Aug 24, 2018
I commend you for dis wan even though na ur only acheivement

11 Likes

Re: Gov Okowa Assents To Bill Prohibiting Extortion, Forceful Entry Into Properties by Sirpaul(m): 2:51pm On Aug 24, 2018
lunch

1 Like

Re: Gov Okowa Assents To Bill Prohibiting Extortion, Forceful Entry Into Properties by rebeccausoro(f): 2:51pm On Aug 24, 2018
Ekez:
I commend you for dis wan even though na ur only acheivement

I swear. This is Okowa's major achievement so far.

11 Likes

Re: Gov Okowa Assents To Bill Prohibiting Extortion, Forceful Entry Into Properties by ChiefOloye(m): 2:52pm On Aug 24, 2018
Orishirishi bills
Re: Gov Okowa Assents To Bill Prohibiting Extortion, Forceful Entry Into Properties by blacknp(m): 2:53pm On Aug 24, 2018
Good one your Excellency. welcome to Delta State,the heart beat of The Nation.
Re: Gov Okowa Assents To Bill Prohibiting Extortion, Forceful Entry Into Properties by Swegzfreak: 2:53pm On Aug 24, 2018
wink

Amazon checkouts avaialable @affordable rates

Bring your gift cards to whatsapp, i will buy all
Re: Gov Okowa Assents To Bill Prohibiting Extortion, Forceful Entry Into Properties by Groovenaija360(m): 2:54pm On Aug 24, 2018
The Crazy Moment Aggrieved Iwo Youths Burned SARS OFFice

WATCH

LIVE HERE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrOBJ8YaT2E
Re: Gov Okowa Assents To Bill Prohibiting Extortion, Forceful Entry Into Properties by wizsolzy(m): 2:54pm On Aug 24, 2018
Nothin vex me reach dis deve thin.. only deve money for every stage of ur building plenty pass money for d land

6 Likes

Re: Gov Okowa Assents To Bill Prohibiting Extortion, Forceful Entry Into Properties by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 24, 2018
Lagos State should also take the same step to curb the activities of 'omoniles' who intimidate land owners just to extort them.

5 Likes

Re: Gov Okowa Assents To Bill Prohibiting Extortion, Forceful Entry Into Properties by tchaik(m): 2:54pm On Aug 24, 2018
In Nigeria, you need to sing a Bill or an Act to prohibit a criminal act.

Extortion and forceful entry is already an offense.

What do I know?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Okowa Assents To Bill Prohibiting Extortion, Forceful Entry Into Properties by Afolabs101: 2:54pm On Aug 24, 2018
Useless Governor, are extortion and trespassing not crimes already

Go and work on enforcing the law to stop extortion and illegal entry

1 Like

Re: Gov Okowa Assents To Bill Prohibiting Extortion, Forceful Entry Into Properties by blacknp(m): 2:55pm On Aug 24, 2018
ChiefOloye:
Orishirishi bills
Property Agbero Governor done spoil chop money for you?

5 Likes

Re: Gov Okowa Assents To Bill Prohibiting Extortion, Forceful Entry Into Properties by Albert0011(m): 2:57pm On Aug 24, 2018
Nice one my governor but please come and complete the asphalt road overlay u started in my town and complete the skill acquisition center..many abandoned projects in my town.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Okowa Assents To Bill Prohibiting Extortion, Forceful Entry Into Properties by Agbaletu: 2:57pm On Aug 24, 2018
Deve!
Re: Gov Okowa Assents To Bill Prohibiting Extortion, Forceful Entry Into Properties by momodub: 2:58pm On Aug 24, 2018
Not bad idea
Re: Gov Okowa Assents To Bill Prohibiting Extortion, Forceful Entry Into Properties by Angelb4: 2:58pm On Aug 24, 2018
[
Re: Gov Okowa Assents To Bill Prohibiting Extortion, Forceful Entry Into Properties by bigfat05: 2:58pm On Aug 24, 2018
nice development
Re: Gov Okowa Assents To Bill Prohibiting Extortion, Forceful Entry Into Properties by WarriAproko: 3:01pm On Aug 24, 2018
The funny thing be say nah for paper. This bill nor go work for ekpan uvwie lga...

3 Likes

Re: Gov Okowa Assents To Bill Prohibiting Extortion, Forceful Entry Into Properties by WarriAproko: 3:02pm On Aug 24, 2018
Ekpan everyday shooting of gun...

2 Likes

Re: Gov Okowa Assents To Bill Prohibiting Extortion, Forceful Entry Into Properties by WarriAproko: 3:02pm On Aug 24, 2018
The worst governor so far. All roads dun jabata

1 Like

Re: Gov Okowa Assents To Bill Prohibiting Extortion, Forceful Entry Into Properties by WarriAproko: 3:03pm On Aug 24, 2018
Delta State receiving the highest allocation nothing to show. Uduaghan dun decimal to APC
Re: Gov Okowa Assents To Bill Prohibiting Extortion, Forceful Entry Into Properties by skopido: 3:07pm On Aug 24, 2018
good idea !
Re: Gov Okowa Assents To Bill Prohibiting Extortion, Forceful Entry Into Properties by lordtosan(m): 3:07pm On Aug 24, 2018
Re: Gov Okowa Assents To Bill Prohibiting Extortion, Forceful Entry Into Properties by lordtosan(m): 3:10pm On Aug 24, 2018
I am all for the overall development of Nigeria and my state, than I am for a party. Much as i have recently started supporting APC, I am not and will not champion the cause for APC to take over every state in Nigeria except only and only when the other party in power in that state is failing woefully in improving the quality of life of the people as was the case in Ekiti state where the PDP governor, Fayose was more concerned about selling meat in the market with market women than piecing out the lives of the good people of Ekiti state who were living in utter squalor. But where a state is faring well economically and otherwise under any party different from APC like Anambra State, I do not think it is wise to pull down the governor on the ground he is from a different party. That will tantamount to being an enemy of the state and by extension of the people. The reason we are all in politics is and should be to better the lots of our people and humanity. However, that doesn't stop opposition party from contesting elections, fielding better candidate with better ideas and putting the government of the day in check. But for an outright pulling down of a performing governor via social media and all, I am not and will never be a staunch supporter of that.

It is against this background, I roundly think it is time for Delta state to be governed by a different party as PDP has failed us in all ramifications and this present administration has taken that failure to an entirely new level. We can punch our phones from now till dawn arguing, the fact remains Nothing is working under this administration except the phones of those typing "Okowa is working". Our roads are as dilapidated as they come. Our schools are ill equipped and poorly staffed. Economically, we have hit our all time low. More and more Deltans are leaving school unemployed. Crime rate is on the rise. Nothing seems to be working. The appointments of many S.A's seems to be the only policy of this present administration that is working. This has to change and must change.

If Okowa was performing very well and improving the quality of lives of Deltans, many of us sincerely will support whoever emerges as our party's flag bearer on the bases of our candidate's superior ideas/policies to further improve the already improved lives of our people and we won't be all out as we are now.

But where Okowa has failed us and PDP still wants to foist the same candidate on our people, then every concerned Deltan must stand up and say

"No! Okowa must go!"

E. Paul

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov Okowa Assents To Bill Prohibiting Extortion, Forceful Entry Into Properties by rinzaugustine: 3:10pm On Aug 24, 2018
edunwablog:
Gov. Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta has signed into law the Delta State Public and Private Properties Protection Bill 2018 which outlaws illegal collections and forceful entry by touts into development sites.

Okowa also on Friday in Asaba, assented to the Delta State Oil Producing Area Development Commission (DESOPADEC) Amendment Bill 2018.

The governor after signing the bills said that harassment of property developers by touts in the name of “deve” had chased away a lot of developers from the state.

He, however, expressed confidence that with the signing into law of the bill prohibiting illegal and forceful entry into development sites, the state would witness speedy development.

“We will collaborate with the State House of Assembly to ensure that laws are passed to impact positively on the lives of our people.

“I am glad that this bill to prohibit the forcefully entry into public and private properties has been signed into law.

“It will stop youths from trespassing into property development sites in the state and make investment to thrive.

“This prohibition will impact on the lives of our people and bring investment sanity into the state,” Okowa said.

The governor said that the amendment of the DESOPADEC law was meant to ensure that no vacuum was created in the leadership of the commission.

He added that government could now extend the tenure of the board under given circumstances.

He commended the state legislature for its cordial relationship with the executive in bringing development to the people.

Earlier, the Speaker of the House, Sheriff Oborevwori, while presenting the bills to the governor, said that the bills passed through all the processes required for them to be passed.

He also added that they were meant to impact positively on the people of the state by ensuring peace, boosting the economy and bringing development to the state.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/08/gov-okowa-assents-to-bill-prohibiting.html
Good one from the Governor.I wonder how able bodied youths would be roaming the bushes daily looking for somebody building a house

1 Like

Re: Gov Okowa Assents To Bill Prohibiting Extortion, Forceful Entry Into Properties by asawanathegreat(m): 3:22pm On Aug 24, 2018
The most handsome governor in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Gov Okowa Assents To Bill Prohibiting Extortion, Forceful Entry Into Properties by nnokwa042(m): 3:32pm On Aug 24, 2018
Sirpaul:
lunch
jollof rice with oil plantain with oil meat with oil are you related to afonjas ?Hart problem is real

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian, Chinese Miners Set To Strengthen Economic Relations / Osinbajo: FG Collaborating With Investors To Improve Nigeria’s Digital Sector / HAPPENING NOW!! Keystone Bank Aba Takes Down Nigerian Flag.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.