Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,198 members, 7,845,949 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Mean Mother-in-laws: Can They Ever Change? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mean Mother-in-laws: Can They Ever Change? (394 Views)

The First Time You Met Your In-Laws: Share Your Experience / What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? / Indonesian Man Forced To Show Joystick To In-laws To Prove He Didn’t Kill Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mean Mother-in-laws: Can They Ever Change? by tolase220(m): 5:43pm On Aug 24, 2018
Women from around the world have taken to secret-sharing app Whisper to confess why they hate the people their children married.

One mother-in-law says her son's wife and her family are 'white trash' and she can't help but 'judge her'

Another woman told Whisper that her daughter married the sort of man that she should have broken up with after college, and is 'embarrassed' that she didn't end things.

Yet another mother-in-law admitted that she was 'upset' that her daughter-in-law got pregnant before her actual daughter in a shocking Whisper confession.

Coming to the Nigerian situation, is it any surprise that a worldwide phenomenon is happening in Nigerian? What can be done to reconcile mother-in laws and their childrens' spouses?

Your guess is as good as mine.

Dailymailuk

http://www.naijapoint.com.ng/2018/08/24/mean-motehr-inla…ever-they-change/ ‎

Re: Mean Mother-in-laws: Can They Ever Change? by okwabayi(m): 7:41pm On Aug 24, 2018
The mean mother in-law is a TV trope rife in Nollywood because it tells a simple easy to understand story. Nollywood is not an industry known for carrying out research before telling stories, their job is one to entertain and not teach.

The truth is there are more understanding mother in-laws than the reverse case. It’s only the latter which gets more viewership because of its exciting nature.
Whispr, from the tales I hear about it is a den of trolls. I will not take any ‘information’ on the app as anything more than toilet literature.
Re: Mean Mother-in-laws: Can They Ever Change? by chiommy123(f): 9:04pm On Aug 24, 2018
Some mothers have issues with their daughter in laws sometimes when they are still proposing marriage they look down on the girl and her family not knowing that the said lady gets every information from her son now when she comes in fully she (mother in law) begins to pay for her sins. The problem is much when the father in law doesnt talk. But if he can talk sense into his wife, correcting her, telling her of her own daughters the problem will minimize. Reducing her visits
Re: Mean Mother-in-laws: Can They Ever Change? by Chubhie: 9:11pm On Aug 24, 2018
I heap all the blames on Patience Ozokwor

(1) (Reply)

With #50k Monthly Payment You Own Your House @flourish Estate / Get The Interpretation Right!!! / Ego Or Dignity? Help Me Decide Among ‘em!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.