Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,528 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Watermelon Farming Information Guide For Beginners - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Watermelon Farming Information Guide For Beginners (475 Views)

My Watermelon Farming Experience / Dry Season Watermelon Farming With Drip Irrigation System. / Watermelon Farming Proper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Watermelon Farming Information Guide For Beginners by j6ix(m): 7:32pm On Aug 24, 2018
Post from: [/b]http://www.agrohow.com/watermelon-farming-information-guide-for-nigerians/

[b]Watermelon Farming Information Guide for Beginners

This article watermelon farming information guide for beginners will be a guide to anyone that wishes to live the life of a millionaire farmer by farming watermelon especially in Nigeria.

It chronologically from the first chapter to the last gives to the reader the guide and the steps to follow in farming tths plant in other to meet success no matter the situation, provided you follow the guidelines.

Watermelon being the type of fruit loved by many is known by many too to be produced or farmed only in the Northern Nigeria, but my word in this e-book has come to prove this wrong.

This plant can be grown successfully even in other parts of Nigeria, be it in the east, west or south. All you need to do is to do everything right at the right time and you are bound to get the same result as those in the North.

The right thing to do is to know-know what to do and the right time to do it and you are sure to succeed.

There are some basic knowledge about watermelon and Agro-Business that any interested farmer who wishes to make extra cash from it must have.

One, it must not be planted for commercial purposes during any time when there is too much rainfall as it do not thrive during this period.
Two, it should not be planted in a waterlogged area.
And three, if you are planting it for commercial purposes, you must surely take adequate care of it that you are bound to apply fertilizer, treatment chemicals.
Then finally, you must make sure that your land is fertile.
Watermelon is not grown in the North alone. I have personally grown these plants in the east and am still in the business which pays handsomely.

So, there is no more excuse for you to pass over this opportunity.

This is just part of this article, more will be coming daily till I am able to get you all the information that is required to grow your own watermelon farm.

If you can't wait, visit my website for the full article: http://www.agrohow.com/watermelon-farming-information-guide-for-nigerians/

1 Like

Re: Watermelon Farming Information Guide For Beginners by j6ix(m): 9:15pm On Aug 25, 2018
Watermelon farming information guide: tools and materials needed

Materials; these are all the needed substances that required for your watermelon and farming business. Such as;

1. Land

2. Seeds

3. Herbicides

4. Treatment chemicals

5. Solid fertilizer/composts/animal droppings

6. Water

Tools; these are the devices required for your watermelon and cucumber farming to aid your task. Such tools are;

1. Plastic plates/nylon/cement bag

2. Knapsack sprayer

Sourcing For Some Materials and Tools

Some if not all of the materials and tools listed above are available in the respective local markets near you. All you need to do is to seek the nearest agro-chemical shop near you and ask for these materials and tools.

Watermelon farming information guide; land for farming
To some people, sourcing for land has been one of their major challenge with regards to starting agro-business in a large scale. But this is because they lacked the information on how to source for land.

Don’t get scared! Because you don’t need to buy a land or own one before you could run your own agro-business.

You can get land for your watermelon and cucumber agro-business throughgovernmentagencies or from individualscommunities that has available land.

Community Rural Lands

Most communities around us has some large expanse of land that are yet developed. These land spaces can be leased out at a very cheap price by the community or the person taking care of the land like the Igwe, Orba, Obidepending on your location. All you need to do is to approach them and talk with them about how many acres of land you need to see if it is available.

This is one of the easy and cheapest ways to obtain land for your watermelon agro-business.all you need to do is to ask first and see if it shall be given to you.

When I started my watermelon and cucumber agro-business I was lucky to get a large expanse of land from a friend, but as I said, it was luck and it can also come to you. If not, try leasing from individual communities. It is sometimes free or cheap as the case may be.

Government Agencies

There are government agencies that offer land lease services to farmers in Nigeria. They have their offices almost around the 36 states in the federation. These agencies include:

1. River Basin Development Authority (RBDA)

2. Ministry of Agriculture

3. Land Settlement Scheme

All you need to do is to find the out about any of these agencies offices around you and then go to them. When you do, they will tell where they have available land for lease.

Acquiring land from these agencies is as easy as ABCD. They feel very happy to see someone that wants to venture into agro-business and are always ready to help you out. But you wouldn’t know until you go close to them. Some of them will even offer to till your land for you with tractor at a very cheap rate.

To be continued. If you can't wait for tomorrow post, read it up from: http://www.agrohow.com/watermelon-farming-information-guide-for-nigerians/

1 Like

Re: Watermelon Farming Information Guide For Beginners by j6ix(m): 9:15pm On Aug 26, 2018
This post is from agrohow.com check it out

(1) (Reply)

Maize Sellers Let's Have Your Contact / Live Pig(s)market Now Available In Oyo Town,osogbo,ogbomoso,ilorin. / Greenhouse Material

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.