Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,296 members, 7,818,993 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Feeding Fish Feed To Dogs. Great Idea Or Another Formulated Story? - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Feeding Fish Feed To Dogs. Great Idea Or Another Formulated Story? (6502 Views)

White Woman Feeding Her Puppy At A Fast Food In Onitsha (Pictures) / see what this product is doing to dogs / Smiling Human Faces Are Attractive To Dogs Thanks To Oxytocin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feeding Fish Feed To Dogs. Great Idea Or Another Formulated Story? by tziz(m): 4:39pm On Sep 05, 2018
HardMirror:
true there are a lot of info out there. But judge the whole lot of info you find with basic knowledge of science and you realize there is no reason to be alarmed about raw eggs. Truth remains it is more nutritious which is good enough, other wise, best to totally cut eggs off your dog's diet as there are equally a lot of cons to feeding your dogs cooked eggs.
Truthfully, i dont even feed my dog eggs, the protein she gets from meat i think is ok.
First time i gave her hardboiled eggs, she was farting like in 10mins intervals. The fart was smelling so bad, i had to take her outside and put her on a leash far from the house. That's one horrible experience i dont wish to have again.
Re: Feeding Fish Feed To Dogs. Great Idea Or Another Formulated Story? by HardMirror(m): 4:58pm On Sep 05, 2018
tziz:

Truthfully, i dont even feed my dog eggs, the protein she gets from meat i think is ok.
First time i gave her hardboiled eggs, she was farting like in 10mins intervals. The fart was smelling so bad, i had to take her outside and put her on a leash far from the house. That's one horrible experience i dont wish to have again.
exactly! That is why i recommended raw eggs. They digest it with zero issues. No hard feelings bro, sorry if i sounded rude in my previous post but from experience and when you really think about it, raw eggs are best for dogs not boiled eggs. Wld not feed an adult dog eggs tho except on some occasions, but would really do a lot of good for pups
Re: Feeding Fish Feed To Dogs. Great Idea Or Another Formulated Story? by HardMirror(m): 5:01pm On Sep 05, 2018
Mariomadiba:
Please experts come and illuminate this thread.
the suggestion is sensible. Know what the fish feed contains. Research if your dog can digest the content of the feed, also be sure it meets your dog's nutritional requirement. I wld suggest it is mixed with rice.
Re: Feeding Fish Feed To Dogs. Great Idea Or Another Formulated Story? by Mariomadiba(m): 12:29pm On Sep 20, 2018
I suggested this idea to a friend and guess what. He said he has been using it to cut cuts and its very good.. She mixes it with indomie , rice sometimes.. She owns an Eskimo though
Re: Feeding Fish Feed To Dogs. Great Idea Or Another Formulated Story? by ImFortress(m): 7:51am On Sep 25, 2018
So people are still Naive in the 24th century. lol.
My brothers and sisters, it is called "fish feed" not dog feed. By the way, all these methods are way too stressful and expensive.
Bingo dry feed is cheap enough.

Maize and those mixes is a no go area.

Noodles, ehhh,, you can go that direction, mix with chicken heart/liver with carcass/head and feet.
And always remember, to supplement Multivitamins.

For those saying, gsd can be fed anything since it doesn't show. Na lie you lie.
Most of y'all here don't own a standard dog, if you wouldn't mention somethings here. Even quality feeding is visible in Local dogs, talk more gsd that has bone mass, dark tan coat that needs to shine and darken. I guess thats one reason most of y'all gsd cost colour be looking like grey and cream colour instead of black and tan
I believe if you go a rottweiler for 180-250k you wouldn't feed it, maize, fish feed and co
Re: Feeding Fish Feed To Dogs. Great Idea Or Another Formulated Story? by Mariomadiba(m): 11:51am On Sep 25, 2018
ImFortress:
So people are still Naive in the 24th century. lol.
My brothers and sisters, it is called "fish feed" not dog feed. By the way, all these methods are way too stressful and expensive.
Bingo dry feed is cheap enough.

Maize and those mixes is a no go area.

Noodles, ehhh,, you can go that direction, mix with chicken heart/liver with carcass/head and feet.
And always remember, to supplement Multivitamins.

For those saying, gsd can be fed anything since it doesn't show. Na lie you lie.
Most of y'all here don't own a standard dog, if you wouldn't mention somethings here. Even quality feeding is visible in Local dogs, talk more gsd that has bone mass, dark tan coat that needs to shine and darken. I guess thats one reason most of y'all gsd cost colour be looking like grey and cream colour instead of black and tan
I believe if you go a rottweiler for 180-250k you wouldn't feed it, maize, fish feed and co
It may be silly but people with more experience are saying it works. You typed this based on what you think not what you know. Fish feed contains some good crude protein which a dog needs, some fish feed are stated that it could be used on fur animals. The Main concern is if it is digestible by dogs.
Re: Feeding Fish Feed To Dogs. Great Idea Or Another Formulated Story? by ImFortress(m): 1:32pm On Sep 25, 2018
Mariomadiba:

It may be silly but people with more experience are saying it works. You typed this based on what you think not what you know. Fish feed contains some good crude protein which a dog needs, some fish feed are stated that it could be used on fur animals. The Main concern is if it is digestible by dogs.

I'll be damn.
Experienced you say?
I've had dogs since 1997.
Tell me about experience

By the way, you think it's all forms of protein that can be digested by dogs? You'd be surprised to know that the 72% might not be completely digested maybe 22%. I'm just saying, there are far better, cheaper, and less stressful ways.

But why do y'all think it's all about protein? What of fibre, fat, enzymes, minerals and vitamins etc

Fish feed is not for dogs it's for fishes. You want cheap protein sources buy meat.
Ask your self this, how much does a bag of Aqua fish feed cost? how many kilos? Do the maths of how much it costs per kilo, then check prices for chicken head and feet, neck, heart, liver, bumbum, wings carcass. There are tonnes of links out there to source these chicken parts from

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why aren't our Caucasians this big? / What Is The Best Dog Food Brand (kibbles) / Rate My Mongrel (ekuke) *pics*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.