Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Dan Baiwan Hausa (kalu's Daura Title) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dan Baiwan Hausa (kalu's Daura Title) (758 Views)

2023: Amaechi's Daura Title Boost To Igbo Presidency - Ohaneze / Amaechi’s Daura Title Boost To Igbo Presidency – Ohanaeze Ndigbo / Buhari All Smiles As He Hosts Daura Title Holders At His Country Home (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dan Baiwan Hausa (kalu's Daura Title) by speed99: 8:24pm On Aug 24, 2018
Part of the Emir’s letter read:
“I have the pleasure to write and inform you about the conferment of the Traditional Title of “DAN BAIWAN HAUSA” on you, in appreciation of your unwavering support to our son, President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR, Bayajida II

This is a cut out of the presentation made by the Emir.

Discussing with friends this evening, dan baiwan hausa means "Son of a Slave"
How true is this title meaning? HOW can this be a befitting title?
Native speakers should help in giving the true meaning
Re: Dan Baiwan Hausa (kalu's Daura Title) by Arexit: 9:46pm On Aug 24, 2018
its true and false, if you give it direct hausa to english meaning then yes, so i can see why some people would want it pointed out (case of starting something where there is nothing)
now that we have that out of the way, dan baiwa son of the kings slave back in the day means he is son of king but from a slave mother as there are no slaves now it means someone he the emir holds dear like a son who is not his son, col. U F Ahmed former kaduna state governor under abacha was and is is still dan baiwan katsina i believe.

1 Like

Re: Dan Baiwan Hausa (kalu's Daura Title) by speed99: 6:22pm On Aug 25, 2018
Arexit:
its true and false, if you give it direct hausa to english meaning then yes, so i can see why some people would want it pointed out (case of starting something where there is nothing)
now that we have that out of the way, dan baiwa son of the kings slave back in the day means he is son of king but from a slave mother as there are no slaves now it means someone he the emir holds dear like a son who is not his son, col. U F Ahmed former kaduna state governor under abacha was and is is still dan baiwan katsina i believe.

Thanks for the clarification
Re: Dan Baiwan Hausa (kalu's Daura Title) by wordcat(m): 6:57pm On Aug 25, 2018
Arexit:

Son of the King but from a "Slave mother", was the original meaning according to you But since slavery doesn't exist any longer, it becomes the one the king "loves so much".

The later can NEVER take the originality away no matter what, therefore Dan Baiwan means the son of the king but from a slave mother.

Is Orji Uzoh Kalu's mother still alive?

She need to clear some certain things

(1) (Reply)

Dunukofia Decides :engr Emeka Okonkwo Is Our Choice / Osun Election,good News For Pdp As Omisore Reportedly Agrees To Work With Adelek / Osun Rerun: Omokri, Ben Bruce React To Oyetola’s Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.