Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,588 members, 7,955,166 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:32 PM

5 Things Nigerian Brides Need To Stop Immediately! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 5 Things Nigerian Brides Need To Stop Immediately! (509 Views)

#endsars: List Of 21 Things Nigerian Youths Are Asking For. / A Look At The Things Nigerian Women Want Most In 2020 / If You Don't Watch On These 5 Things Your Life Will Be Scammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Things Nigerian Brides Need To Stop Immediately! by MosChino772(m): 9:26pm On Aug 24, 2018
As beautiful as many Nigerian weddings tend to be, there are still loads of issues that need to change, a major one being the obsessive, selfish attitude of brides [and grooms] towards their big day.
Over and over again, the unnecessary zealousness to have unaffordable society weddings has been discouraged but the craze seems to never die down.
This is why this instructive Twitter thread is gold and would come in handy for anyone who intends to marry soon and need to keep themselves in check.
1.Force people to be part of your wedding
“It should be okay for people to decline being a bridesmaid if it’s honestly too expensive. It should be okay for your friends who cannot afford you aso-ebi to not be forced to spend the money,
2. No need to overplay your bridal shower
“It should be okay a bridal shower to be whatever is within the bridesmaids/friends/family budget and I miss the days when it was girls kikii-ing it up in someones living room.
Women waste too much time and spend too much money and effort on weddings,” she tweets.
3. It’s OK to break out of the wedding routine
Ozzy Etomi correctly says; “The sameness and routine of [weddings] is played out.
“I know our culture is overwhelmingly oppressive but I wish more brides were allowed autonomy to celebrate their day however they see fit. ”It really is OK to have an unconventional wedding. (Pinterest)
4. The world to revolve around your wedding
“Another thing – yes getting married is supposedly the “greatest” event of a woman’s live, but stop expecting your wedding to take precedence over things in other people’s lives.
“It’s important that your friends are there to celebrate with you & ply you with compliments.
“But don’t use being a ‘bride’ as an excuse to stop being a friend or being there for others. Your stress isn’t more important than someone else’s because it’s for a wedding, neither [to be honest], is your event so much more pressing than anything going on in someone else’s life
5. Don’t get sucked up
“Everytime I see someone morph into a “bride” I’m looking at them like, you’re really gonna get sucked into all this shit. It must be addictive – I have no idea,” the Tweep writes about brides’ tendencies to become absolutely abosrbed into the craze to have a perfect wedding.
http://talkmore.com.ng/5-things-nigerian-brides-need-to-stop-immediately/

Re: 5 Things Nigerian Brides Need To Stop Immediately! by Ever8054: 9:34pm On Aug 24, 2018
I will not do my traditional marriage then go do oyinbo traditional marriage join....except when I see Oyinbo starts doing our own traditional marriage join there own....

(1) (Reply)

Animal Rights Activists Go Unclad And Smear Fake Blood On Themselves / 12 Steps To Be Rich At A Young Age / New Born Baby Boy Dumped In A Dustbin In Enugu State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.