Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,208 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Something Is Wrong With Data Subscription; Are We Being Robbed In A Coded Way? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Something Is Wrong With Data Subscription; Are We Being Robbed In A Coded Way? (1568 Views)

Stain Lace: I Was Robbed In My House In Akwa Ibom During Lockdown (Graphic Pics) / A Man Saved From Being Robbed In Abule-Egba Lagos, Captured On CCTV / Lady Accuses Davido Of ‘ignoring Her’ While She Was Being Robbed And Harassed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Something Is Wrong With Data Subscription; Are We Being Robbed In A Coded Way? by WomanOfRace(f): 8:44am On Aug 25, 2018
I am writing this in crime section because this is criminal enough to me.

I don't know if I am the only one going through this ordeal. I started noticing this few months back and I am quite fed up with this.

1000 naira data subscription that last a month or close to a month, lasts only 4days now; not that l download anything nor watch videos online. I ported from airtel after months of this insane spending to mtn and they are even worse.

Something is wrong somewhere or is it just me?

If you are to calculate this, you find out spending close to 10,000 a month; and l ask how much is an average Nigerian salary to be spending this much?

Somebody is robbing someone somewhere. I noticed.

4 Likes

Re: Something Is Wrong With Data Subscription; Are We Being Robbed In A Coded Way? by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 25, 2018
If its MTN then you're right, 1000 subscription can only last me for a week just browsing and chatting.
I'm only pained that glo is not fast where I stay.

3 Likes

Re: Something Is Wrong With Data Subscription; Are We Being Robbed In A Coded Way? by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 25, 2018
WomanOfRace:
I am writing this in crime section because this is criminal enough to me.

I don't know if I am the only one going through this ordeal. I started noticing this few months back and I am quite fed up with this.

1000 naira data subscription that last a month or close to a month, lasts only 4days now; not that l download anything nor watch videos online. I ported from airtel after months of this insane spending to mtn and they are even worse.

Something is wrong somewhere or is it just me?

If you are to calculate this, you find out spending close to 10,000 a month; and l ask how much is an average Nigerian salary to be spending this much?

Somebody is robbing someone somewhere. I noticed.
My sister is true I just tire dis guys dey use our mumu ........

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong With Data Subscription; Are We Being Robbed In A Coded Way? by Oblongata: 9:31am On Aug 25, 2018
Etisalat na the worstest...

After i load the 1000 so as to subscribe for their useless monthly

I will see 'insufficient funds' only to discover that one N50 had been removed for one yeye safety health tips which i keep telling them to cancel

Even the mumu 1gb sef na for few days

2 Likes

Re: Something Is Wrong With Data Subscription; Are We Being Robbed In A Coded Way? by WomanOfRace(f): 9:40am On Aug 25, 2018
Oblongata:
Etisalat na the worstest...

After i load the 1000 so as to subscribe for their useless monthly

I will see 'insufficient funds' only to discover that one N50 had beeb removed for one yeye safety health tips which i keep telling them to cancel

Even the mumu 1gb sef na for few days

Imagine how much they are making. Something is wrong...they are not checking their excesses.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong With Data Subscription; Are We Being Robbed In A Coded Way? by WomanOfRace(f): 9:43am On Aug 25, 2018
JohnnyNY:
If its MTN then you're right, 1000 subscription can only last me for a week just browsing and chatting.
I'm only pained that glo is not fast where I stay.

A week?! You are lucky. Mine lasts only 3days, 4days; not that I am downloading anything, movies etc.

I am tired. People are spending a lot for nothing. You subscribe and it will just disappear.

I don't know they do it, but I think whatever that is wrong, is from their setting.
Re: Something Is Wrong With Data Subscription; Are We Being Robbed In A Coded Way? by fergieboy: 9:44am On Aug 25, 2018
Yes your right

But I don port go ntel

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong With Data Subscription; Are We Being Robbed In A Coded Way? by WomanOfRace(f): 10:03am On Aug 25, 2018
fergieboy:
Yes your right

But I don port go ntel

Ntel? My first time hearing something like this.

Niherians are suffering and they don't give a damn about us; but looking for avenues to milk the little we've got left.

So much suffering and tax, no quality or efficient services.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong With Data Subscription; Are We Being Robbed In A Coded Way? by CORONATA(m): 11:02am On Aug 25, 2018
The bottom line is that we are being robbed on daily basis knowing that in today's world we can no longer live without accessing the internet.
To manage data/subscriptions, I have to 'arrest' some apps and keep them in 'limbo.' Then, continue the accessibility through a browser that manages data.

3 Likes

Re: Something Is Wrong With Data Subscription; Are We Being Robbed In A Coded Way? by odogwu190(m): 1:50pm On Aug 25, 2018
Dis pass coded ooo....better broad day robbery!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Something Is Wrong With Data Subscription; Are We Being Robbed In A Coded Way? by WomanOfRace(f): 6:11pm On Aug 25, 2018
CORONATA:
The bottom line is that we are being robbed on daily basis knowing that in today's world we can no longer live without accessing the internet.
To manage data/subscriptions, I have to 'arrest' some apps and keep them in 'limbo.' Then, continue the accessibility through a browser that manages data.

Please show me the way; let me arrest some of mine and as well, the browser.
Re: Something Is Wrong With Data Subscription; Are We Being Robbed In A Coded Way? by WomanOfRace(f): 6:12pm On Aug 25, 2018
odogwu190:
Dis pass coded ooo....better broad day robbery!!!!

Why are they not doing anything? What is thd work of NCC ?

Companies are not recharging our phones.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong With Data Subscription; Are We Being Robbed In A Coded Way? by dangoteinlaw: 7:31am On Aug 26, 2018
4days u say, u must be going online just 20minutes daily..I can't even remember when I did 1k sub last..I was doing 2gig every 2days on mtn and I was so ignorant to notice until my account went red...mtn and others are all thieves. I dusted my Glo SIM and it's what I'm using now.....even the new data mtn lauched will never lure me into their trap again.i'm done with those thieves for gud.....no foreign network will ever be gud as Glo, u should know why that is.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong With Data Subscription; Are We Being Robbed In A Coded Way? by WomanOfRace(f): 10:07am On Aug 26, 2018
dangoteinlaw:
4days u say, u must be going online just 20minutes daily..I can't even remember when I did 1k sub last..I was doing 2gig every 2days on mtn and I was so ignorant to notice until my account went red...mtn and others are all thieves. I dusted my Glo SIM and it's what I'm using now.....even the new data mtn lauched will never lure me into their trap again.i'm done with those thieves for gud.....no foreign network will ever be gud as Glo, u should know why that is.

I heard glo is too slow, that's my only fear. Every 2day you say?! Haba.
Re: Something Is Wrong With Data Subscription; Are We Being Robbed In A Coded Way? by dangoteinlaw: 10:12am On Aug 26, 2018
WomanOfRace:

I heard glo is too slow, that's my only fear. Every 2day you say?! Haba.
it sounds unbelievable but that's the truth. I monitored my data usage keenly and discovered that for every click I make on Nairaland 2mb was taken, bru mtn na confirm thieves...I sub 200 on Glo and the data takes me thru a day and even the next..Glo is faster where I am, their network might not be 100 but it's still manageable for me

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong With Data Subscription; Are We Being Robbed In A Coded Way? by coolzeal(m): 11:23am On Aug 26, 2018
Not to twist my words but the op is absolutely correct. I subscribed about 1.5gb, Etisalat data about a week ago. Viola! I am left with nothing less than 50mb, without video streaming or whatsoever contents that consume larger data. What the heck is NCC doing? This country self..

Mods push this page abeg.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong With Data Subscription; Are We Being Robbed In A Coded Way? by WomanOfRace(f): 10:09pm On Aug 26, 2018
dangoteinlaw:
it sounds unbelievable but that's the truth. I monitored my data usage keenly and discovered that for every click I make on Nairaland 2mb was taken, bru mtn na confirm thieves...I sub 200 on Glo and the data takes me thru a day and even the next..Glo is faster where I am, their network might not be 100 but it's still manageable for me

Thank you; I will get glo this week by his grace. I can't be spending 10,000 a month on data.
Re: Something Is Wrong With Data Subscription; Are We Being Robbed In A Coded Way? by WomanOfRace(f): 10:12pm On Aug 26, 2018
coolzeal:
Not to twist my words but the op is absolutely correct. I subscribed about 1.5gb, Etisalat data about a week ago. Viola! I am left with nothing less than 50mb, without video streaming or whatsoever contents that consume larger data. What the heck is NCC doing? This country self..

Mods push this page abeg.

NCC is filled up with lousy, fat , unintelligent and unconcerned people.
Re: Something Is Wrong With Data Subscription; Are We Being Robbed In A Coded Way? by dangoteinlaw: 3:16pm On Aug 28, 2018
WomanOfRace:

Thank you; I will get glo this week by his grace. I can't be spending 10,000 a month on data.
lol, don't mention yet. Just load up 500 after getting the SIM, check ur account plus data balance, then u can thank me ;Dhehe

2 Likes

Re: Something Is Wrong With Data Subscription; Are We Being Robbed In A Coded Way? by Evangkatsoulis: 3:37pm On Aug 28, 2018
Change your APN to vzwinternet or tigo.
Re: Something Is Wrong With Data Subscription; Are We Being Robbed In A Coded Way? by ahamonyeka(m): 5:54pm On Aug 28, 2018
mods please forward this to front page for everybody to see cos is also happening to me as well.
Re: Something Is Wrong With Data Subscription; Are We Being Robbed In A Coded Way? by backnbeta(f): 7:40pm On Aug 28, 2018
Unfortunately, nobody is ready or willing to do anything about this issue! This is a sad and helpless situation we are in.

1 Like

Re: Something Is Wrong With Data Subscription; Are We Being Robbed In A Coded Way? by Madosh: 10:03am On Aug 29, 2018
I agree with you, I subscribe 2k every 4days and I've been compelled to get a hotspot modem
Re: Something Is Wrong With Data Subscription; Are We Being Robbed In A Coded Way? by OmoOshodi(m): 6:08pm On Aug 29, 2018
Even MTN airtime diminished like candle wax..... We are being scammed .... Thanks to Bad government in town
Re: Something Is Wrong With Data Subscription; Are We Being Robbed In A Coded Way? by Gafar14(m): 6:58pm On Aug 29, 2018
that's how it is everywhere. just last weekend, I needed to quickly chat with my bro on whatapp and because I didn't have enough credit on my airtail line, I just subscribe to 20mb daily package. But alas, it finished in less than 5 minutes.
Re: Something Is Wrong With Data Subscription; Are We Being Robbed In A Coded Way? by madridguy(m): 6:49am On Apr 11, 2019
The username and password?

Evangkatsoulis:
Change your APN to vzwinternet or tigo.
Re: Something Is Wrong With Data Subscription; Are We Being Robbed In A Coded Way? by Evangkatsoulis: 9:20am On Apr 11, 2019
madridguy:
The username and password?
leave both empty.
Re: Something Is Wrong With Data Subscription; Are We Being Robbed In A Coded Way? by madridguy(m): 9:22am On Apr 11, 2019
Thanks sir.

Evangkatsoulis:

leave both empty.
Re: Something Is Wrong With Data Subscription; Are We Being Robbed In A Coded Way? by Abortedfetus(m): 9:53am On Apr 11, 2019
see how madridguy jump in to get cheap browser. something dat does not work.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Dangote I Am Going to Make You My Gateman" - Ghanaian Big Boy / Dishonesty Of DSTV Into Tricking Customers / Boy Dies 24 Hours After Playfully Snapping Inside Corpse In Benue State (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.