Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,425 members, 7,954,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:21 AM

Shouts Of APC At Ojude Oba Festival Is An Abomination - OBA - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shouts Of APC At Ojude Oba Festival Is An Abomination - OBA (26156 Views)

Oshiomhole Leads Rally With Shouts Of "Jagaban" (Video) / Saraki Mobbed With Shouts Of "OTunYa" As He Campaigns In Kwara (Photos) / Saraki Welcomed With Shouts Of 'Thief' As He Campaigns In Kwara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shouts Of APC At Ojude Oba Festival Is An Abomination - OBA by stanleyamaziro(m): 10:35am On Aug 25, 2018
thanki410:
Culture is sweet but when politics enter ram is bitter...
Make them carry the thing go farra way farra way o...
Stop wasting first page please if you don't know what to say.

1 Like

Re: Shouts Of APC At Ojude Oba Festival Is An Abomination - OBA by PMBtill2023: 10:36am On Aug 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:
Kabiyese has collected money from Sarakiller as appearance fee.

He deserves to be called a thief because that is who he is and Kabiyesi should be ashamed of himself for associating with an internationally known thief and for warning his own people not to identify his guest as such.

Kabiyesi is corrupt!
Am also thinking the same thing.
Re: Shouts Of APC At Ojude Oba Festival Is An Abomination - OBA by Lexzyhands(m): 10:38am On Aug 25, 2018
What a counter reaction from the Paramount ruler! Everything shouldn't be about politics. The Ojude Oba is even older than Democracy in Nigeria...
Re: Shouts Of APC At Ojude Oba Festival Is An Abomination - OBA by GhaliNaaba(m): 10:42am On Aug 25, 2018
Kabiyesi is a PDP sympathizer, How come he invites person of Saraki at this period. Thank God they got their finger burnt.
With this I can say Kabiyesi has been compromised.

4 Likes

Re: Shouts Of APC At Ojude Oba Festival Is An Abomination - OBA by BabaO2: 10:42am On Aug 25, 2018
lelvin:
Oba Sikiru Adetona, the Awujale and Paramount Ruler of Ijebuland, has described as an abomination, any attempt to politicise the Ojude Oba Festival.

Speaking at the festival on Thursday while reacting to the chants of supporters of the All Progressives Congress (APC), whose members also displayed brooms at the festival, Awujale expressed his displeasure with the action, stating that the festival was about culture and tradition, and not politics.

Senate President Bukola Saraki, alongside a few other lawmakers, had attended the event.

Saraki, a special guest of honour at the event, arrived at the venue on Thursday, and was pictured paying obeisance to the Awujale.

Reacting to the chants of "APC! APC!@ which emerged from a small crowd at the festival, the Awujale said: Ojude Oba is over 100 years [old]; what you did today has never happened before. Many groups are here but what you have done today has never happened.

“I believe most of you are not members of the APC. We have people from the Peoples Democratic Party, APC, and Social Democratic Party, among others, here.

“Ojude Oba is about culture and tradition. It is non-political. It has been like that since our forefathers started it. It is an abomination for anyone to drag politics into it.

“I want to appeal in the name of God, such an act should not repeat itself here. Those people who hired you, if they are bold enough, they should show their faces.”

http://saharareporters.com/2018/08/24/its-abomination-%E2%80%94-awujale-says-chants-apc-ojude-oba-must-never-happen-again
The Oba erred, if he doesn't want it to have political colouration, why inviting politicians as guests of honour?

1 Like

Re: Shouts Of APC At Ojude Oba Festival Is An Abomination - OBA by Eponyeeboz: 10:43am On Aug 25, 2018
Ijebu land is being represented by a PDP Senator. The PDP is popular in ijebu land. However, the people have clearly told the Awujale and his guests that they refuse to be represented by thieves and robbers.

The Oba invited a politician and got a political response. Next time, he won't make that mistake. To err is human...

1 Like

Re: Shouts Of APC At Ojude Oba Festival Is An Abomination - OBA by tunary(m): 10:43am On Aug 25, 2018
OlaAshawo:
apc is bokoharam
omo ashawo how did you know
Re: Shouts Of APC At Ojude Oba Festival Is An Abomination - OBA by tiredoflife(m): 10:44am On Aug 25, 2018
modath:

Lemme drop this for the ones from the other side that know SW politics even more than the Yoruba people...

The heckling of Saraki & by extension Kabiyesi isn't cos Saraki is a member of PDP, no, they are just letting him know in very clear terms, they don't roll with PDP at the national level (& same sentiment is all over the South West, period! Point Blank!!!)

Senator Buruji Kashamu is the senator representing my Ijebu people in NASS, He is a freaking PDP member, they voted PDP, he is likely to return to the senate (not heard of any strong opposition he has yet), so y'all need to quit the "They were sponsored to embarrass them" shtick! It won't stick, they just don't want to return the nation to bloodsuckers.... A PDP senator can do zero damage....

Let's say this again loud & clear & we'd keep repeating it till it sinks in, PYO gat it going on & as long as he's with his principal, we are on the train with them! cool

So with all the killings going on
It doesn't bother u at all
With all the economic hardship u don't care
As long as u can buy ur weavon and Mary kay foundation and eyeliners
U don't care
APC all the way ba
I no blame u at all
I no blame u
My people talk say
Na preek wey stand condom dey fit cry
Re: Shouts Of APC At Ojude Oba Festival Is An Abomination - OBA by Ogbuefi2020: 10:45am On Aug 25, 2018
modath:

Lemme drop this for the ones from the other side that know SW politics even more than the Yoruba people...

The heckling of Saraki & by extension Kabiyesi isn't cos Saraki is a member of PDP, no, they are just letting him know in very clear terms, they don't roll with PDP at the national level (& same sentiment is all over the South West, period! Point Blank!!!)

Senator Buruji Kashamu is the senator representing my Ijebu people in NASS, He is a freaking PDP member, they voted PDP, he is likely to return to the senate (not heard of any strong opposition he has yet), so y'all need to quit the "They were sponsored to embarrass them" shtick! It won't stick, they just don't want to return the nation to bloodsuckers.... A PDP senator can do zero damage....

Let's say this again loud & clear & we'd keep repeating it till it sinks in, PYO gat it going on & as long as he's with his principal, we are on the train with them! cool

Afonjas think too highly of themselves. The North will conspire and remove Buhari, stop thinking that you matter and stop bringing agberoism to national politics.

2 Likes

Re: Shouts Of APC At Ojude Oba Festival Is An Abomination - OBA by enemyofprogress: 10:46am On Aug 25, 2018
E pain am
Re: Shouts Of APC At Ojude Oba Festival Is An Abomination - OBA by Lumig: 10:47am On Aug 25, 2018
lelvin:
Oba Sikiru Adetona, the Awujale and Paramount Ruler of Ijebuland, has described as an abomination, any attempt to politicise the Ojude Oba Festival.

Speaking at the festival on Thursday while reacting to the chants of supporters of the All Progressives Congress (APC), whose members also displayed brooms at the festival, Awujale expressed his displeasure with the action, stating that the festival was about culture and tradition, and not politics.

Senate President Bukola Saraki, alongside a few other lawmakers, had attended the event.

Saraki, a special guest of honour at the event, arrived at the venue on Thursday, and was pictured paying obeisance to the Awujale.

Reacting to the chants of "APC! APC!@ which emerged from a small crowd at the festival, the Awujale said: Ojude Oba is over 100 years [old]; what you did today has never happened before. Many groups are here but what you have done today has never happened.

“I believe most of you are not members of the APC. We have people from the Peoples Democratic Party, APC, and Social Democratic Party, among others, here.

“Ojude Oba is about culture and tradition. It is non-political. It has been like that since our forefathers started it. It is an abomination for anyone to drag politics into it.

“I want to appeal in the name of God, such an act should not repeat itself here. Those people who hired you, if they are bold enough, they should show their faces.”

http://saharareporters.com/2018/08/24/its-abomination-%E2%80%94-awujale-says-chants-apc-ojude-oba-must-never-happen-again
Ọba Awujale invited trouble when he invited saraki as a guest of honour, what did he expect when politicians like saraki were on seat to grace the event. Next time controversial politicians like saraki will not be honored at events like this

1 Like

Re: Shouts Of APC At Ojude Oba Festival Is An Abomination - OBA by tiredoflife(m): 10:48am On Aug 25, 2018
GhaliNaaba:
Kabiyesi is a PDP sympathizer, How come he invites person of Saraki at this period. Thank God they got their finger burnt.
With this I can say Kabiyesi has been compromised.

But if kaybiyesi invited a person from APC he is not a sympathetizer
Make una continue
This was how ur people collapsed the first republic in the western region but blamed it on igbos
Continue
We are watching
If he start no shout agabami oh

2 Likes

Re: Shouts Of APC At Ojude Oba Festival Is An Abomination - OBA by OlaAshawo: 10:49am On Aug 25, 2018
tunary:
omo ashawo how did you know
because Buhari is a terrorist

1 Like

Re: Shouts Of APC At Ojude Oba Festival Is An Abomination - OBA by Geniro: 10:51am On Aug 25, 2018
modath:

Stick to your crypto business and stop chatting filth. I guess the current change you voted in has been excellent for you and your folks with the following indices:-
1) Petrol subsidies have ended with the products readily affordable at N50/L
2)Dollar rate has crashed to sub N250 levels.
3)Unemployment has reduced with millions of job not lost.
4)Power supply is fairly constant across the country
5)Security of lives and properties is at an all time high.
6) our railway, roads, hospitals are in very top shape.
7) Corruption has drastically reduced.

MAY PMB/PYO aimless regime never rule us for ever as you shamelessly desire. Amen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shouts Of APC At Ojude Oba Festival Is An Abomination - OBA by sokera: 10:53am On Aug 25, 2018
Standardcosting:
I really don't know what the Awujale was thinking.

He is upset because his own people were displeased and rejected the fact that the Awujale himself invited politicians from a particular political party to a cultural and non-political event in a state controlled by the opposition. -Deomelo
sebi Awujale started it ? He started it by inviting a set of people from a particular party , sebi ? I don’t know why some people don’t want to be treated same way they treat people .... I respect you Awujale , but you started the politics ...

1 Like

Re: Shouts Of APC At Ojude Oba Festival Is An Abomination - OBA by GhaliNaaba(m): 10:55am On Aug 25, 2018
tiredoflife:

But if kaybiyesi invited a person from APC he is not a sympathetizer
Make una continue
This was how ur people collapsed the first republic in the western region but blamed it on igbos
Continue
We are watching
If he start no shout agabami oh

OK its your opinion.
I believe Kabiyesi is expected to be sensitive to the political development at this period by inviting Some business mogul like Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga and co.
Saraki or APC should not be for a period like this.
Common sense.
Re: Shouts Of APC At Ojude Oba Festival Is An Abomination - OBA by Bakrabas: 10:55am On Aug 25, 2018
You know it's not for political motive, why can't you invite non politicians like Dangote, Otedola, Mark Zuckerberg, emir of Ilorin and a king from igboland
Re: Shouts Of APC At Ojude Oba Festival Is An Abomination - OBA by Bakrabas: 10:58am On Aug 25, 2018
Ogbuefi2020:

Afonjas think too highly of themselves. The North will conspire and remove Buhari, stop thinking that you matter and stop bringing agberoism to national politics.

They are not betrayals like Ojukwu and Kanu

3 Likes

Re: Shouts Of APC At Ojude Oba Festival Is An Abomination - OBA by Dantedasz(m): 10:59am On Aug 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

No vex my brother. I am not an ijebu man but an Ekiti man and the thing dey vex me .

I would NEVER invite a thief to honour an occasion of that magnitude not to even talk of allowing that thief to address MY PEOPLE.

Re: Shouts Of APC At Ojude Oba Festival Is An Abomination - OBA by Lumig: 10:59am On Aug 25, 2018
Bolustical:
What was Awujale expecting?

You invited riff raffs with anti-Omoluabi politics to such an occasion. What are the likes of Dino, Saraki, Twitnator Bruce doing at Ojude Oba Festival six months to election?

People who are holding our national development to ransom. They can't reconvene because of INEC but they have time to attend Ojude Oba.

Una never see anything.
Gbam!! You have said it all my brother, the event is apolitical but he invited controversial politicians to the event. He even made sure they were all PDPs, the Kabiyesi asked for it, SIMPLE!
Re: Shouts Of APC At Ojude Oba Festival Is An Abomination - OBA by Humblega(m): 11:00am On Aug 25, 2018
The truth is

Awujale has enmity with amosun currently, seems bcs of governor declaration dat next apc governorship aspirant will comes from yewa/awori (ogun west) axis.

He now used dat opportunity to make it pdp affair

The man who fetches firewood infested with insects, invites lizards into his house.

I have awujale to b blame

3 Likes

Re: Shouts Of APC At Ojude Oba Festival Is An Abomination - OBA by RexTramadol1: 11:03am On Aug 25, 2018
A few people in the crowd paid by their corrupt masters

Saraki was unmiffed, e sure for the guy die

All APC supporters can cry a river.....

We all care less.

2 Likes

Re: Shouts Of APC At Ojude Oba Festival Is An Abomination - OBA by Ogbuefi2020: 11:03am On Aug 25, 2018
Yorubas are unfit for national politics. They will be sent back to their regional enclave where they have been since independence. The North has successfully reclaimed power capitalizing on their desperation to taste national politics, now they will be chased to regional amala and ewedu politics where they belong

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shouts Of APC At Ojude Oba Festival Is An Abomination - OBA by gurnam: 11:06am On Aug 25, 2018
BabaO2:
The Oba erred, if he doesn't want it to have political colouration, why inviting politicians as guests of honour?

That is the very issue! Why inviting politically active individuals to a cultural event and you don’t want politicians to play their game?
Re: Shouts Of APC At Ojude Oba Festival Is An Abomination - OBA by gurnam: 11:08am On Aug 25, 2018
Ogbuefi2020:
Yorubas are unfit for national politics. They will be sent back to their regional enclave where they have been since independence. The North has successfully reclaimed power capitalizing on their desperation to taste national politics, now they will be chased to regional amala and ewedu politics where they belong

By who ? 5% irrelevant people? You better start learning how to play opposition politics in PDP since you are going to be there for a very long time to come.

2 Likes

Re: Shouts Of APC At Ojude Oba Festival Is An Abomination - OBA by kabiyesi01: 11:09am On Aug 25, 2018
Was he campaign for Pdp at d festival?? Or is Saraki still not d Senate President??
seunmsg:
Kabiyesi Sir, you cannot separate Saraki's appearance at the festival some few months to the general election and few weeks after dumping the APC for PDP from politics. The good people of Ijebu wouldn't have raised an eyebrow if he had attended the festival last year or next year after the election. Saraki is testing the waters for a possible presidential contest and it's better for the people to show him in clear terms that they are not with him.
Re: Shouts Of APC At Ojude Oba Festival Is An Abomination - OBA by olusola200: 11:10am On Aug 25, 2018
Those people who hired you, if they are bold enough, they should show their faces.”

This is the statement credited to kabiyesi

What advice to u expect from saraki ,Dino and others than to join pdp or how to betray ur father or party members.

With due respect kabiyesi ,there is proverb that says show me ur friends and I will tell who u are.

My conclusion is that the law of diminishing return has set in ,so he need to visit Aro or Yaba left for brain evaluation,

The ijebus should do something b4 kabiyesi visit shoprite
Re: Shouts Of APC At Ojude Oba Festival Is An Abomination - OBA by tiredoflife(m): 11:11am On Aug 25, 2018
GhaliNaaba:

OK its your opinion.
I believe Kabiyesi is expected to be sensitive to the political development at this period by inviting Some business mogul like Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga and co.
Saraki or APC should not be for a period like this.
Common sense.

When did u start making common sense more than the Oba
U see u are really showing lack of home training
So u want to question the Oba
U have gotten so wise u know who he should associate with

Make una take am easy
This time it will be different
While u all beat the drums be ready to dance to the sound it makes
Re: Shouts Of APC At Ojude Oba Festival Is An Abomination - OBA by gurnam: 11:11am On Aug 25, 2018
Ogbuefi2020:

You are thinking like a defeated slave. So you need the north now to help you remove your nightmare? Why not with your 5% ?

2 Likes

Re: Shouts Of APC At Ojude Oba Festival Is An Abomination - OBA by yerimastyle(m): 11:12am On Aug 25, 2018
Apc members always showing rascality like thier motor park chairman
Re: Shouts Of APC At Ojude Oba Festival Is An Abomination - OBA by tiredoflife(m): 11:14am On Aug 25, 2018
olusola200:
Those people who hired you, if they are bold enough, they should show their faces.”

This is the statement credited to kabiyesi

What advice to u expect from saraki ,Dino and others than to join pdp or how to betray ur father or party members.

With due respect kabiyesi ,there is proverb that says show me ur friends and I will tell who u are.

My conclusion is that the law of diminishing return has set in ,so he need to visit Aro or Yaba left for brain evaluation,

The ijebus should do something b4 kabiyesi enter shoprite

Yes he said it
Cos other parties were there even SDP
Why didn't SDP supporters scream SDP
U APC members think the sun rises and sets on ur asses
U will win south west for all u care
But the real spinner is the middle belt
So u guys should relax
Shouting won't win 2019
Re: Shouts Of APC At Ojude Oba Festival Is An Abomination - OBA by Iamzik: 11:16am On Aug 25, 2018
Southwest people be thinking they are wise whereas they are fools.

You support a katsina man and hate a kwara man

Later you will start saying that Kwara and kogi should be part of south west.

Tinubu is selling your tomorrow because he hopes to become president in 2023. Bookmark this my post. When time comes, Hausa Fulani will betray him big time. Saraki knows what Hausas are capable of and he is far smarter

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ruga Settlement Is To Resolve Farmer/Herder Conflicts - Presidency / The Best Minister Currently Is The Minister Of Interior - Rufai Oseni / Natasha Akpoti Receives Certificate Of Return From INEC (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.