Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

What Is The Difference Between Evening Or Night? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Difference Between Evening Or Night? (2068 Views)

Day Or Night? This Material Supports Your Personality To Celebrate Your Conquest / What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech / What Is The Difference Between B.sc Degree And B.sc (Hons) Degree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between Evening Or Night? by Omuneizzy6(m): 10:30am On Aug 25, 2018
Please Nairalanders, the question is what time will you call the day evening or night?
I want to know, or are they the same thing? lets contribute.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Evening Or Night? by Valro(m): 10:37am On Aug 25, 2018
I also wonder why someone will greet you goodevening and then goodnight almost immediately when leaving.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Evening Or Night? by geunik(m): 11:22am On Aug 25, 2018
From what I know before, morning is from 12am to 12 noon. Noon begins then and ends around 6pm. The Rest of the day is evening till 12am. But the word night is anytime the day gets dark and you can't see without the aid of an external source of light.
Wisdom no go kee me.
Niko, check my sig

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Evening Or Night? by Naijawebmaster: 12:11pm On Aug 25, 2018
Evening starts from 4pm
Night starts from 7pm

Evening food is Supper
Night food is Dinner

If you need more answers, kindly Google. smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between Evening Or Night? by Emmoa(m): 3:54pm On Aug 25, 2018
Naijawebmaster:
Evening starts from 4pm Night starts from 7pm
Evening food is Supper Night food is Dinner
LEGENDARY
Re: What Is The Difference Between Evening Or Night? by adeodunsimilolu(f): 4:15pm On Aug 25, 2018
Naijawebmaster:
Evening starts from 4pm
Night starts from 7pm

Evening food is Supper
Night food is Dinner

So, when I see you at 9pm I ought to greet you 'good night?'

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Evening Or Night? by calddon(m): 4:35pm On Aug 25, 2018
Night is Night and evening is when its getting close to night undecided lipsrsealed
Re: What Is The Difference Between Evening Or Night? by ObservantFellow: 8:27pm On Aug 25, 2018
When the sun begins to set, evening is up. Some generally take it to be 4:00pm onwards. When the moon becomes clearly visible or the sky becomes darkened, that's night there.
I guess the state of the sky tells us when evening expires and night takes over.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Evening Or Night? by peacesamuel94(m): 9:31pm On Aug 25, 2018
The very same difference between dawn and morning.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Evening Or Night? by Nobody: 1:53am On Aug 26, 2018
Where's lalasticlala sef
Re: What Is The Difference Between Evening Or Night? by oxladexo(m): 7:15am On Aug 26, 2018
I think evening is from about 4-7pm. Afterwards, you could call it night.

Nevertheless, goodnight is not a greeting, it's said when you're not going to see a person for that day again. Good evening is the greeting, even at 10pm.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Evening Or Night? by NnamdiN: 12:55pm On Aug 26, 2018
adeodunsimilolu:

So, when I see you at 9pm I ought to greet you 'good night?'
wouldnt that sound awkward to you? goodnight is the night version of good-bye....
Re: What Is The Difference Between Evening Or Night? by adeodunsimilolu(f): 5:00pm On Aug 26, 2018
NnamdiN:
wouldnt that sound awkward to you? goodnight is the night version of good-bye....

You should be able to differentiate sarcasm from straight talk.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Evening Or Night? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 26, 2018
Omuneizzy6:
Please Nairalanders, the question is what time will you call the day evening or night?
I want to know, or are they the same thing? lets contribute.
Afternoon is from 12:00pm-4:59pm, evening is 5:00pm-7:00pm while night is 7:00pm- 11:59 a.m. This time various from country to country.

(1) (Reply)

ASUU : NANS Storms Meeting Venue (LIVE) / Single Mum Who Conceived At Tender Age, Celebrates Her Graduation With Her Son / How To Download Paid Udemy Courses For FREE 2021 (100% Working).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.