Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,763 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Herdsmen Planning To Kidnap, Kill Me- Ortom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen Planning To Kidnap, Kill Me- Ortom (229 Views)

Foreign Fulani Herdsmen Planning To Overrun South West -Gen Togun / APC Is The One Owing You Salaries, Not Me – Ortom Tells Civil Servants / All My Appointees Have Abandoned Me – Ortom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Herdsmen Planning To Kidnap, Kill Me- Ortom by metroblogger: 1:39pm On Aug 25, 2018
Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom has alleged that Fulani herdsmen were planning to kidnap and kill him over his stand against open grazing in the state.

He made this known during an interactive session with the church, traditional institution and other stakeholders towards peaceful elections in 2019, organised by the Makurdi Catholic Diocese at the Pastoral Centre, Makurdi, the Benue State capital.

Ortom alleged that he received an intelligence report, which indicated that the Fulani herdsmen, who are currently occupying part of Guma Local Government Area of the state, were planning to attack him along Abuja-Lafia Road.

According to the governor, β€œThe armed herdsmen, according to the intelligence report, would ensure that all my security aides were killed after which they would Kidnap me, torture me before killing me.

Already, l had reported the matter to the police and other security agencies and they are aware of this.”

Pointing out that the plot to kill him is being hatched with some Benue indigenes.

http://www.metronaija.ng/herdsmen-planning-to-kidnap-kill-me-ortom/

cc: lalsticlala mynd44

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING News: National Assembly Committee In Closed-door Meeting Over INEC Budg / Obaseki Hails Stella Anukam On New Role As African Union Court Judge, Urges Edo / Power Supply Under Buhari.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.