Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,126 members, 7,863,921 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:59 AM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (456536 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nonhuman(m): 9:53pm On Sep 01, 2019
I need assistance here please, I was making arrangement to get a Nigerian use Honda civic 2006, my choice for the civic was based on fuel economy, ease of ownership like maintance, but I had a rethink due to bad road in my area and usually flooded when it rains, now I am thinking of going for an SUV that will be good for my economic status, I started negotiating for Hyundai Tucson 2009, now the problem is that I don't know much about this Tucson, I need to know if I should go for this car, will it dry my pocket? Does the gear fail how about the engine capacity, fuel economy, parts availability and cost

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 10:51pm On Sep 01, 2019
nonhuman:
I need assistance here please, I was making arrangement to get a Nigerian use Honda civic 2006, my choice for the civic was based on fuel economy, ease of ownership like maintance, but I had a rethink due to bad road in my area and usually flooded when it rains, now I am thinking of going for an SUV that will be good for my economic status, I started negotiating for Hyundai Tucson 2009, now the problem is that I don't know much about this Tucson, I need to know if I should go for this car, will it dry my pocket? Does the gear fail how about the engine capacity, fuel economy, parts availability and cost

it's a good buy
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by geektrovert: 11:40pm On Sep 01, 2019
nurey:

Acura TL was succeeded by TLX, TL stopped in 2015 while TLX started in 2014 till date.

Target the TL from 09 model upwards the previous models had Honda notorious transmission build quality, which made them fragile and susceptible to failure.

The vehicle is related to the Accord of same year meaning mechanical parts of the Accord are interchangeable with the vehicle.

Sorry to disturb you again..some people here are advising us not to get the Acura TL09..that all Acura are not reliable, that we should go for Accord 09 instead..please what's your take on this
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Chelseafan1: 12:10am On Sep 02, 2019
nurey:

it's a good buy

Bro, pls Benz 2012 c250 vs Lexus 2012 ES 350
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dicksonadams(m): 2:40am On Sep 02, 2019
Hi Boss nurey, I have noticed you usually recommend 03 to 05 Honda Civic rather than 06 to 10 civic, are their any reasons for this?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 5:27am On Sep 02, 2019
geektrovert:

Sorry to disturb you again..some people here are advising us not to get the Acura TL09..that all Acura are not reliable, that we should go for Accord 09 instead..please what's your take on this

If the Acura TL is a luxurious Accord and people dissuade you from buying I wonder why they would recommend Honda Accord.

Some Acura models had fragile transmission installed but definitely not the 09 to 15 TL.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 5:30am On Sep 02, 2019
dicksonadams:
Hi Boss nurey, I have noticed you usually recommend 03 to 05 Honda Civic rather than 06 to 10 civic, are their any reasons for this?

It is cheaper and can take abuse more than it's successor.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Chelseafan1: 7:24am On Sep 02, 2019
nurey:

It is cheaper and can take abuse more than it's successor.

Morning bro, pls do a comparison between q Benz 2012 c250 vs Lexus 2012 ES 350
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 7:33am On Sep 02, 2019
Chelseafan1:

Bro, pls Benz 2012 c250 vs Lexus 2012 ES 350

The C250 is a turbo charged 4 cylinder for that year with 201hp while the ES is a 6 cylinder with 268hp.

The ES is a top of the line midsize luxurious vehicle while the C250 is also a top of the line compact luxurious vehicle as it is a Canadian spec.

Reliability the ES is above the C250

fuel efficiency the C250 triumps

Overall driving experience C250 is better because it is a sport oriented vehicle

luxury though the C class design was inspired by the S class, it still had some stripped down version of luxury offers, I did say the ES is a tad better in this aspect.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Chelseafan1: 7:41am On Sep 02, 2019
nurey:

The C250 is a turbo charged 4 cylinder for that year with 201hp while the ES is a 6 cylinder with 268hp.

The ES is a top of the line midsize luxurious vehicle while the C250 is also a top of the line compact luxurious vehicle as it is a Canadian spec.

Reliability the ES is above the C250

fuel efficiency the C250 triumps

Overall driving experience C250 is better because it is a sport oriented vehicle

luxury though the C class design was inspired by the S class, it still had some stripped down version of luxury offers, I did say the ES is a tad better in this aspect.

Thanks, which of the two would you rather own if you were to take one for free?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 8:43am On Sep 02, 2019
Chelseafan1:

Thanks, which of the two would you rather own if you were to take one for free?

The C class, I don't fancy the shape of the ES

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by phranco(m): 4:04pm On Sep 02, 2019
nurey:

The C class, I don't fancy the shape of the ES
You are doing a wonderful job boss,pls i would like you to compare and recommend between EOD 04 and lexus RX300 for me as a beginner. I like the two cars but which will i go for as first car,thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 4:13pm On Sep 02, 2019
phranco:

You are doing a wonderful job boss,pls i would like you to compare and recommend between EOD 04 and lexus RX300 for me as a beginner. I like the two cars but which will i go for as first car,thanks

No too much noise you are better with a RX300 than a EOD because

The Lexus comes well equipped, luxurious, good ground clearance, a well balanced Engine and power. The EOD isn't bad if you are after fuel economy EOD 05 or DC06-07 is better than EOD03-04

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 1:05am On Sep 03, 2019
I have 3million budget. Which car is best for me as a startee?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 3:47am On Sep 03, 2019
nurey:

No too much noise you are better with a RX300 than a EOD because

The Lexus comes well equipped, luxurious, good ground clearance, a well balanced Engine and power. The EOD isn't bad if you are after fuel economy EOD 05 or DC06-07 is better than EOD03-04

Yay! I finally disagree with you. As a first car, the "EOD" is a better bet in maintenance and learning curve. Also fuel economy.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 8:38am On Sep 03, 2019
radautoworks:

Yay! I finally disagree with you. As a first car, the "EOD" is a better bet in maintenance and learning curve. Also fuel economy.

So let's pop champagne grin

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nonhuman(m): 11:05am On Sep 03, 2019
assistance here please, I was making arrangement to get a Nigerian use Honda civic 2006, my choice for the civic was based on fuel economy, ease of ownership like maintance, but I had a rethink due to bad road in my area and usually flooded when it rains, now I am thinking of going for an SUV that will be good for my economic status, I started negotiating for Hyundai Tucson 2009, now the problem is that I don't know much about this Tucson, I need to know if I should go for this car, will it dry my pocket? Does the gear fail how about the engine capacity, fuel economy, parts availability and cost
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nonhuman(m): 11:06am On Sep 03, 2019
nonhuman:
please who have answer to this post
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 11:34am On Sep 03, 2019
nonhuman:

you have been advised to pick the 4cylinder spec of the vehicle.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kelvinmnet(m): 11:35am On Sep 03, 2019
nonhuman:

Honda Civic is a good car and also the fuel consumption is very minimal. However, due to your location, an SUV is needed. I really don't know much about the Hyundai Tucson but your budget determines the car you get.

How bout a Rav 4 or a 4 plugs Highlander?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by phranco(m): 1:02am On Sep 04, 2019
Pls what is the price for EOD 05 gear box, any idea in the house?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 5:42am On Sep 04, 2019
phranco:
Pls what is the price for EOD 05 gear box, any idea in the house?

This is a car recommendation thread, please talk to

luvinghubby
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by larryTall97: 5:01pm On Sep 04, 2019
Hello! To everyone giving tips and advises, we really do all appreciate. I have a small issue in selecting between a Camry 2008/2009 and selecting Lexus Es330. I need a car with less cost of maintenance, fuel efficiency, driving comfortability, parts availability and cost. I need the car for normal day to day activities and if needs be use car for Bolt business once a while. Your help is needed. Or if you’v Got another suggestion for another car I could get aside these two. Kindly Recommend. Thanks

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ak22(m): 7:17pm On Sep 04, 2019
Please help me to compare Honda pilot 2003 and Highlander 2003 which one is reliable?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Chechem: 8:03pm On Sep 04, 2019
Please house... Which Corolla does Scion XD share parts with. Thanks...
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ak22(m): 9:18pm On Sep 04, 2019
@larryTall97

To my own little knowledge 08 Camry is 4l and 6l while Lexus 09 is 6l. But if your are going for luxury go for Lexus but for fuel efficiency go for Camry 4l.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 2:16am On Sep 05, 2019
ak22:
Please help me to compare Honda pilot 2003 and Highlander 2003 which one is reliable?

It's a tie but I'm partial to the highlander.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Rubbiish(m): 9:14am On Sep 05, 2019
larryTall97:
Hello! To everyone giving tips and advises, we really do all appreciate. I have a small issue in selecting between a Camry 2008/2009 and selecting Lexus Es330. I need a car with less cost of maintenance, fuel efficiency, driving comfortability, parts availability and cost. I need the car for normal day to day activities and if needs be use car for Bolt business once a while. Your help is needed. Or if you’v Got another suggestion for another car I could get aside these two. Kindly Recommend. Thanks
If u re contemplating doing d bold occasionally, just jejely go for d Camry
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Rubbiish(m): 9:28am On Sep 05, 2019
I would appreciate if gurus in d house can throw light on ford edge, hoping to acquire one soonest. I would to know its pros and cons. How reliable is it. Thanks guys
cc nurey heavenlybang & others
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by selfmadeOLX(m): 12:30am On Sep 06, 2019
Any reliable mitsubishi technician in Lagos?

Any recommendations please
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dljbd1(m): 7:24pm On Sep 06, 2019
Hi guys,

Please how much for a 2009 accord engine (excluding gear)?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by seanfer(m): 8:15pm On Sep 06, 2019
dljbd1:
Hi guys,

Please how much for a 2009 accord engine (excluding gear)?

2.0L
2.4L
Or 3.0L. Engine?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (260) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.