Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

APGA To Field A Northern Presidential Candidate In 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APGA To Field A Northern Presidential Candidate In 2019 (1975 Views)

APC May Re-open Sale Of Forms To Allow More Northern Presidential Hopefuls / Why We Prefer Northern Presidential Candidate In 2023 — PDP / Charles Idahosa: Oshiomhole Wants To Be VP To A Northern Presidential Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APGA To Field A Northern Presidential Candidate In 2019 by nairalaila: 8:03pm On Aug 25, 2018
The Board of Trustees (BoT) of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, who had a critical deliberation in Awka, Anambra State, have disclosed that it would field a Northern presidential candidate for the 2019 election.

The announcement which was conveyed in a communiqué drafted from the meeting which held at the Anambra State Governor’s Lodge, disclosed that the party has zoned the presidential candidacy to the north, while the vice presidential candidate would be of South-East extraction.

The meeting was held at the instance of Governor Willie Obiano who is the National Leader and BoT Chairman of the Party, and it was gathered that the Board members deliberated on the future of the party with specific attention given to the upcoming general election and the options facing the party.

Secretary of the Board of Trustees, Alhaji Sani Shinkafi who briefed newsmen after the meeting, said;

“After due considerations based on popular demand by party members, the Party has resolved to field a Presidential candidate with the ticket zoned to the North while the Vice Presidential Candidate will come from the Southeast.”

According to him, the 'crazy happenings' in the People’s Democratic Party, PDP and the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, APGA, having been founded on sound political principles, values, and ideology, will present a viable option for Nigerians, and solution to the socio-political problems the nation is presently facing.

The party had besides 2003 and 2007 when it fielded the founder of the Party, late Biafra Warlord, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu adopted former President Goodluck Jonathan in 2011 and 2015. However Daily Post gathered that the party was targeting a particular Northern presidential candidate, who a source described as a heavy-weight politician.

“The aspirant is not in APGA for now, he is in another party, but it is hoped that he would move to APGA if he is unable to secure the ticket of his current party.”

It was further gathered that APGA had made initial plans to adopt President Buhari as its candidate, and as payback for letting last year’s governorship election result which Obiano won to stand, despite attempts by APC stalwarts to rig their candidate in.

https://lailasnews.com/apga-to-field-a-northern-presidential-candidate-in-2019/

lalasticlala

Re: APGA To Field A Northern Presidential Candidate In 2019 by modath(f): 8:06pm On Aug 25, 2018
cheesy cheesy cheesy... Na so e be?

One can understand the 2 major parties own with the affinity for northerner, et tu APGA?
Chief Ojukwu will be crying in his grave I'm sure.. cry

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: APGA To Field A Northern Presidential Candidate In 2019 by hammer6F: 8:08pm On Aug 25, 2018
I am very happy with this development.

I am very happy that my people are finally waking up to the potential of APGA as an alternative to both PDP and APC.

Good Morning Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: APGA To Field A Northern Presidential Candidate In 2019 by iammo(m): 8:19pm On Aug 25, 2018
grin good to see you guys now want to play ball like the national ballers
Re: APGA To Field A Northern Presidential Candidate In 2019 by Tolexander: 8:19pm On Aug 25, 2018
Make dem field Labaran Maku from Nasarawa State, North Central.
He is the most popular APGA member in the north.

3 Likes

Re: APGA To Field A Northern Presidential Candidate In 2019 by Young03(m): 8:20pm On Aug 25, 2018
Apga Na party?

3 Likes

Re: APGA To Field A Northern Presidential Candidate In 2019 by Young03(m): 8:23pm On Aug 25, 2018
Tolexander:
Make dem field Labaran Maku from Nasarawa State, North Central.

He is the most popular APGA member in the north.

lol which maku? Make eggon people dey smoke that their level wey be like igbo

For last election, him campaign office wey dey close to central mosque bukan sidi Na there I de go chop

calabar woman food, Eggon people go come there smoke finish dey shout maku ya shiga.

Make them field am sha

2 Likes

Re: APGA To Field A Northern Presidential Candidate In 2019 by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 25, 2018
APGA has totally lost focus

Na compulsory to take part in Presidential election?

Why not focus on winning all the south East states first? Governors, state assembly, house of reps, senate

Control these positions first in the east and govern in a pro Igbo pro business progressive way first

It is not compulsory to produce the President abeg

2 Likes

Re: APGA To Field A Northern Presidential Candidate In 2019 by Minjim: 8:25pm On Aug 25, 2018
Won't that be playing slave to Fulani?

This is the same poo they accused the West of

Talking about swallowing ur vomit

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APGA To Field A Northern Presidential Candidate In 2019 by Butterflyleo: 8:25pm On Aug 25, 2018
Hahahahaha Igbos how far? cheesy

Ipob party fielding a Northern candidate. Hahahahaha

3 Likes

Re: APGA To Field A Northern Presidential Candidate In 2019 by casualobserver1: 8:27pm On Aug 25, 2018
Young03:

lol which maku? Make eggon people dey smoke that their level wey be like igbo

For last election, him campaign office wey dey close to central mosque bukan sidi Na there I de go chop

calabar woman food, Eggon people go come there smoke finish dey shout maku ya shiga.

Make them field am sha

So you people were decieving him these whole time? That is harsh o. Please what does maku ya shiga mean?

1 Like

Re: APGA To Field A Northern Presidential Candidate In 2019 by Butterflyleo: 8:30pm On Aug 25, 2018
APGA is making the reelection of PMB much easier with this move. They will rob PDP of much needed votes in the SE but would not affect anything in the north. cheesy

I am laughing here as I imagine the face of that pro biafran in the polling boot casting his vote for an Hausa presidential candidate on the flag of APGA

[img]https://media1./images/683e27d3d70b05e7f6087a6c355ebf0c/tenor.gif?itemid=9445212[/img]

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APGA To Field A Northern Presidential Candidate In 2019 by gurnam: 8:34pm On Aug 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:
APGA is making the reelection of PMB much easier with this move. They will rob PDP of much needed votes in the SE but would not affect anything in the north. cheesy

I am laughing here as I imagine the face of that pro biafran in the polling boot casting his vote for an Hausa presidential candidate on the flag of APGA

[img]https://media1./images/683e27d3d70b05e7f6087a6c355ebf0c/tenor.gif?itemid=9445212[/img]

That is just it, some few votes for their traditional PDP will be rubbed off by APGA.

It’s all looking bright daily for PMB

3 Likes

Re: APGA To Field A Northern Presidential Candidate In 2019 by TundeBricklayer: 8:35pm On Aug 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Same way you guys carried fake news that Gov Obiano will decamp to APC before the election grin grin I'm rooted APGA member, this news is fake like Kemi's NYSC certificate.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APGA To Field A Northern Presidential Candidate In 2019 by NonsoWow: 8:38pm On Aug 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

APGA will lend support to any move that will see to the accelerated demise of PDP first and then APC later. BTW, APGA is a pro-Igbo party with national outlook. We have nothing to do with the wawa and abakaliki Ipods.

1 Like

Re: APGA To Field A Northern Presidential Candidate In 2019 by hammer6F: 8:39pm On Aug 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Nothing like that.

Nigerians will decide between PDP, APGA AND APC.

Anything can happen. It should never be a two horse race.
Re: APGA To Field A Northern Presidential Candidate In 2019 by Butterflyleo: 8:43pm On Aug 25, 2018
hammer6F:

Nothing like that.

You don't even understand what I wrote

2 Likes

Re: APGA To Field A Northern Presidential Candidate In 2019 by hammer6F: 8:45pm On Aug 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

You don't even understand what I wrote

who told u dat?

I think, ur comment is short sighted.
Re: APGA To Field A Northern Presidential Candidate In 2019 by NonsoWow: 8:49pm On Aug 25, 2018
APGA has already reserved its presidential slot for one of the popular PDP contestants that will lose out in their primary. That heavyweight will then be paired with a popular candidate from anambra state as his VP. To say that APGA will eat into a lot of potential PDP votes is an understatement. APGA will be the real undertaker that will finally bury PDP.

1 Like

Re: APGA To Field A Northern Presidential Candidate In 2019 by Agritech(m): 8:49pm On Aug 25, 2018
. However Daily Post gathered that the party was targeting a particular Northern presidential candidate, who a source described as a heavy-weight politician.
“The aspirant is not in APGA for now, he is in another party, but it is hoped that he would move to APGA if he is unable to secure the ticket of his current party.”

1 Like

Re: APGA To Field A Northern Presidential Candidate In 2019 by Butterflyleo: 8:50pm On Aug 25, 2018
hammer6F:

who told u dat?

I think, ur comment is short sighted.

Keep thinking

1 Like

Re: APGA To Field A Northern Presidential Candidate In 2019 by Ereolamide: 8:51pm On Aug 25, 2018
modath:
cheesy cheesy cheesy... Na so e be?

One can understand the 2 major parties own with the affinity for northerner, et tu APGA?
Chief Ojukwu will be crying in his grave I'm sure.. cry

Actually Ojukwu won't mind, remember he contested under an Hausa/Fulani party after abandoning his people on the battlefield.
His descendants are just reciprocating the kind gestures of their masters.

3 Likes

Re: APGA To Field A Northern Presidential Candidate In 2019 by thatigboman: 8:53pm On Aug 25, 2018
APGA should team up with PDP, lets send great grand pa back to daura sharply
Re: APGA To Field A Northern Presidential Candidate In 2019 by thatigboman: 8:54pm On Aug 25, 2018
Ereolamide:

Actually Ojukwu won't mind, remember he contested under an Hausa/Fulani party after abandoning his people on the battlefield.
His descendants are just reciprocating the kind gestures of their masters.
sharap yoruba muslim
Re: APGA To Field A Northern Presidential Candidate In 2019 by NonsoWow: 8:57pm On Aug 25, 2018
thatigboman:
APGA should team up with PDP, lets send great grand pa back to daura sharply
Never! APGA will join to bury PDP first, then look for other partners to destroy APC later. But our immediate aim is the destruction of PDP.
Re: APGA To Field A Northern Presidential Candidate In 2019 by Ereolamide: 8:58pm On Aug 25, 2018
thatigboman:
sharap yoruba muslim
Expected, what good can proceed out of an akpu clogged brain.

3 Likes

Re: APGA To Field A Northern Presidential Candidate In 2019 by NonsoWow: 9:01pm On Aug 25, 2018
Agritech:
. However Daily Post gathered that the party was targeting a particular Northern presidential candidate, who a source described as a heavy-weight politician.
Atiku and Saminu Turaki are two of those who have indicated interest in APGA presidential ticket, though discreetly. 2019 will be a spectacle to behold.
Re: APGA To Field A Northern Presidential Candidate In 2019 by thatigboman: 9:04pm On Aug 25, 2018
Ereolamide:

Expected, what good can proceed out of an akpu clogged brain.
brownie, go play with your mates.
Re: APGA To Field A Northern Presidential Candidate In 2019 by justtoodark: 9:05pm On Aug 25, 2018
hammer6F:

Nothing like that.

shouldnt be....we are limiting ourselfs too much....

we should send a clear message to all politicians that when they pisss us off,we will replace them.... angry angry
Re: APGA To Field A Northern Presidential Candidate In 2019 by thatigboman: 9:05pm On Aug 25, 2018
NonsoWow:
Never! APGA will join to bury PDP first, then look for other partners to destroy APC later. But our immediate aim is the destruction of PDP.
why are u talking like this? We like APGA and PDP in igboland.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Army Officer Killed In An Ambush / Why using Hardship under Buhari to decide voting in 2019 is Unjustified / How Buhari Became Demystified And Became First Nigeria Leader To Get Booed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.