Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Australian Singer-songwriter Sia’ Suicide Attempt Exposed… She Tried To Kill Her - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Australian Singer-songwriter Sia’ Suicide Attempt Exposed… She Tried To Kill Her (466 Views)

Bella Shmurda Speaks On Mohbad’s Suicide Attempt Due To Marlian Music Saga. (VID / Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe: My Suicide Attempt Years Ago Led To Our Daily Manna / Prince Kalada Allison Suicide Attempt: Queen Wokoma Ex Husband In Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Australian Singer-songwriter Sia’ Suicide Attempt Exposed… She Tried To Kill Her by 10Ebisco: 11:25pm On Aug 25, 2018
Sia has had a remarkably interesting career, starting in the indie world before becoming a huge pop star with songs like “Chandelier” and “Cheap Thrills.”

However, she’s always made an effort to only reveal as much as necessary, remaining private and often obscuring her face completely. In a new interview with Rolling Stone, she’s opened up about her struggles with mental health and suicide attempt.

One of Sia’s first big breaks came when her song “Breathe Me” closed out the series finale of cult favorite show Six Feet Under, although she says it was a song she had a near-death experience writing.

She says she tried to kill herself by taking 22 Valium and drinking a whole bottle of vodka. “Unfortunately, you can only commit sleep on Valium—or should I say fortunately.”

When “Breathe Me” became a moderate success for her in 2005, she says it didn’t stop her suicidal thoughts. In 2010, she planned to check herself into a hotel and take all the pills she had, writing letters to both the maid and hotel manager that read;

“Please do not come in. I am dead inside. Please call an ambulance.”

Fortunately, an old friend called her before she went through with anything. She explained;

“There must have been a part of me that really wanted to live, because in that moment, I thought, ‘There’s a world out there and I’m not a part of it. But I might like to be.”

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/australian-singer-songwriter-sia.html

Re: Australian Singer-songwriter Sia’ Suicide Attempt Exposed… She Tried To Kill Her by whitebeard(m): 11:41pm On Aug 25, 2018
Sia live and let's live
Re: Australian Singer-songwriter Sia’ Suicide Attempt Exposed… She Tried To Kill Her by veli1(m): 11:51pm On Aug 25, 2018
U know say pple plenty 4 dis world na. So who stop am, ehn? Rest in Hell In advance if u kill ya self. Mtcheeeeew
Re: Australian Singer-songwriter Sia’ Suicide Attempt Exposed… She Tried To Kill Her by OneCorner: 12:08am On Aug 26, 2018
veli1:
U know say pple plenty 4 dis world na. So who stop am, ehn? Rest in Hell In advance if u kill ya self. Mtcheeeeew
She should koman transfer d money in her Acct for me first
Re: Australian Singer-songwriter Sia’ Suicide Attempt Exposed… She Tried To Kill Her by veli1(m): 12:15am On Aug 26, 2018
OneCorner:

She should koman transfer d money in her Acct for me first
Na wetin I wan tell am self
Re: Australian Singer-songwriter Sia’ Suicide Attempt Exposed… She Tried To Kill Her by Ekez(m): 12:18am On Aug 26, 2018
Oh ma baby pls don't kill urself, But wait u wan kill urself we way buhari don show pepper we never kill ourself
Re: Australian Singer-songwriter Sia’ Suicide Attempt Exposed… She Tried To Kill Her by okwabayi(m): 12:25am On Aug 26, 2018
White people are funny. They can have everything in the world and still feel empty.
The black man’s life is different, most are born into poverty so the more money they amass the more fulfilled they feel. Linda Ikeji comes to mind.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Beyonce Is A ‘witch’, Former Worker Reveals Shocking Secret / Home Of Lafta Comedy Collection On Prophet / Bbnaija Nina Reacts To Dumping Toyin Lawani For Her Abuser Miracle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.