Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Can Someone Please Explain What Shutter Island Is All About ? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Can Someone Please Explain What Shutter Island Is All About ? (4174 Views)

Can Someone Please Explain This Scene In Schuks Tshabalala's Movie? / Shutter Island Is Crap / ***Your Most Hated Commercials****Explain Them! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Please Explain What Shutter Island Is All About ? by sweetguy10(m): 9:36am On Jun 27, 2010
I watched Shutter island a movie directed by Martin scorsese , Leo D caprio was the lead actor there but i am still confused about what really happened . Is leo D caprio the Insane guy ? Did he truly killed his wife ? Is everything the doctor told him true ?? Did he ever get out of the island ?? Please help me i am confused
Re: Can Someone Please Explain What Shutter Island Is All About ? by MadMax1(f): 8:45am On Jun 28, 2010
Lol. There are people who haven't seen it. SPOILER ALERT.
Everything the doctor says is true. DiCaprio murdered his lunatic wife, who deserved to be murdered at least a dozen times more. He opts for a lobotomy rather than continue to be what he thinks he is, a monster. They'd warned him if he regresses again, it would mean the elaborate treatment had failed and they'd have no choice but to lobotomise him. He pretends he has regressed at the end, to end the nghtmare once and for all. You know he's pretending because when the other doctor calls him by his fake 'deluded' name as he's being led away to the lighthouse, DiCaprio doesn't respond. It's not his name. He did not regress. The treatment worked, but he doesn't want to live with himself.
Re: Can Someone Please Explain What Shutter Island Is All About ? by sweetguy10(m): 12:14pm On Jun 29, 2010
Okay , So everything that the mystery woman(rachael?) he met in the cave told him is Untrue ? How about the lunatic he went to talk to in Ward C ? Was he truly a marshall ? How about that woman that told him to run while asking question ?? Damn !! the movie is convincing , I am loving Dicaprio every minute , more and more . He is the best actor alive , Please aswer me please .
Re: Can Someone Please Explain What Shutter Island Is All About ? by kehneah: 1:00pm On Jun 29, 2010
sweetguy10:

Okay , So everything that the mystery woman(rachael?) he met in the cave told him is Untrue ? How about the lunatic he went to talk to in Ward C ? Was he truly a marshall ? How about that woman that told him to run while asking question ?? Damn !! the movie is convincing , I am loving Dicaprio every minute , more and more . He is the best actor alive , Please aswer me please .
my second best, after russell crowe.the woman he went to talk to in the cave was a figment of his imagination, i think he was truly a marshall, i'm still strugling to grasp the film myself,think i need to watch it again
Re: Can Someone Please Explain What Shutter Island Is All About ? by obinna5000(m): 1:04pm On Jun 29, 2010
"Shutter Island (2010)" grin the most confusing film of 2010. grin I somehow like it sha. undecided
Re: Can Someone Please Explain What Shutter Island Is All About ? by MadMax1(f): 2:23pm On Jun 29, 2010
The woman in the cave is a figment of DiCaprio's imagination. He was perpertuating his desperate delusion to escape the awful reality of what happened to his family. He was talking to himself in the cave. The Doctor explained everything in the lighthouse, and you were showed the rest of what happened, what led to DiCaprio's madness. What's confusing about the movie? It's perfectly straightforward and isn't half as complicated as, say, Fight Club.
Re: Can Someone Please Explain What Shutter Island Is All About ? by obinna5000(m): 2:25pm On Jun 29, 2010
@Mad_Max
Its straight-forward but presented in a crooked way.
Re: Can Someone Please Explain What Shutter Island Is All About ? by MadMax1(f): 2:34pm On Jun 29, 2010
I guess.

(1) (Reply)

Download Suspicious Partner Season 01 Episode 10 (korean Tvseries) And Other (K / DOWNLOAD: Game Of Thrones Season 6 Episode 2 (S01E02) – Home / Knight Rider: Kitt Spec Breakdown!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.