Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Is This The Reason We Cannot Have An Igbo President-col Augustine Aneibo Rtr - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is This The Reason We Cannot Have An Igbo President-col Augustine Aneibo Rtr (3301 Views)

Jonathan, Reason We Can't Give School Kids Free Meal Or Pay N5,000 Monthly- APC / Asiwaju Saved Jonathan Life, Made Him President - Col Tony Nyiam Explodes / Reason We Attacked Militants Hideout In Calabar - Ohwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This The Reason We Cannot Have An Igbo President-col Augustine Aneibo Rtr by KnowAll(m): 10:09am On Jun 27, 2010
Colonel (retired) Augustine Ifeanyi Aniebo was the Military Administrator of Borno State, Nigeria during the military regime of General Sani Abacha. He then became Administrator of Kogi State, Nigeria from August 1998 to 29 May 1999 during the transitional regime of General Abdulsalami Abubakar, handing over to the elected civilian governor Abubakar Audu on 29 May 1999 at the start of the Nigerian Fourth Republic.[1]

Aniebo was born on 23 March 1950 in Anambra State.[2] In the Nigerian Civil War he commanded the Biafran 58 Brigade at Uyo.[3] He was captured in the fall of Uyo in 1968, and detained until the end of the war.[citation needed]

In May 1997 Nigerian security agents, working with Islamic leaders, stormed a Christian Church in Maiduguri, Borno State and ejected the pastor and church members. The church leaders appealed to Aniebo to act quickly to avoid a religious crisis.[4] In 1998 he said that the Borno State task force against smuggling had been strengthened to reduce cross-border smuggling of petroleum products to neighboring countries.[5]

[size=14pt]Appointed administrator of Kogi State in August 1998, he left office without swearing in his successor, having drained the state's treasury dry and racked up massive debts.[6][7] His successor, Abubakar Audu, personally went to President Olusegun Obasanjo to complain that it was impossible to administer the state given the size of the debts.[8]

Later he became Chairman and CEO of Hotel Millennium Abuja.[2]
[/size] shocked

Is this a classical atitude of an Igbo hench man OR just a one off.  undecided    lipsrsealed
Re: Is This The Reason We Cannot Have An Igbo President-col Augustine Aneibo Rtr by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 27, 2010
. . . . . . . And am like what is the motive here?.

When has an infraction on the part of one man translates to castigating a whole group of people?.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This The Reason We Cannot Have An Igbo President-col Augustine Aneibo Rtr by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 27, 2010
Bla bla bla .
Re: Is This The Reason We Cannot Have An Igbo President-col Augustine Aneibo Rtr by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 27, 2010
^^^Dont mind that sick poster.
Re: Is This The Reason We Cannot Have An Igbo President-col Augustine Aneibo Rtr by KnowAll(m): 10:39am On Jun 27, 2010
And am like what is the motive here?.

When has an infraction on the part of one man translates to castigating a whole group of people?

[size=14pt]The Governors have not fear any better since 1999, makes one wonder what would be left of Nigeria after an Igbo Presidency.[/size] undecided
Re: Is This The Reason We Cannot Have An Igbo President-col Augustine Aneibo Rtr by KnowAll(m): 10:51am On Jun 27, 2010
^^^Dont mind that sick poster.

[size=14pt]We must address the issue why a whole race are inherently bent, surely this misdemanor commited by this gentleman should not be forgiving, what it simply means is that this Gentleman in other to retire in peace and enjoy his ill gotten wealth, made thousands of civil servants and other state employees handicapped for months on end and someone call that " a man's infraction", this is a communal despoiling if anything,  it is equal to sending the jews to the furnace.

When a whole swarth of human cannot feed their families due to one man's greed is that not worse than the holicause. We should dig deep and let the evil of what fellow men has to done to his other fellow men haunt them for eternity. The evil that men did should not live after them but should haunt them till eternity. [/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This The Reason We Cannot Have An Igbo President-col Augustine Aneibo Rtr by excanny: 5:55pm On Jun 27, 2010
Just another slowpoke to be ignored! With your biased generalization, you have simply defeated any line of argument you may have.
Go and check EFCC records and count how many Igbos you have in their blackbook.
Psychopathetic scum like you!
Re: Is This The Reason We Cannot Have An Igbo President-col Augustine Aneibo Rtr by One11: 6:07pm On Jun 27, 2010
Ignored. Nobody should reply, sorry wink
Re: Is This The Reason We Cannot Have An Igbo President-col Augustine Aneibo Rtr by sjeezy8: 6:13pm On Jun 27, 2010
hmmmm wow im surpirsed shocked I thought it was only yoruba and hausas who steal from state treasury.

1 Like

Re: Is This The Reason We Cannot Have An Igbo President-col Augustine Aneibo Rtr by Nchara: 6:17pm On Jun 27, 2010
KnowAll:

[size=14pt]The Governors have not fear any better since 1999, makes one wonder what would be left of Nigeria after an Igbo Presidency.[/size] undecided

The use of fear rather than fare summarises it all: the poster is an illiterate with an illiterate sense of reasoning.

On the topic itself, I do not see that the Igbo man in question stole more than IBB, Abacha, Obasanjo, Bode George, Tinubu, Tafa Balogun, Bankole, Orji Kalu etc, etc.
Re: Is This The Reason We Cannot Have An Igbo President-col Augustine Aneibo Rtr by metalgong5(m): 7:20pm On Jun 27, 2010
KnowAll:

We must address the issue why a whole race are inherently bent, surely this misdemanor commited by this gentleman should not be forgiving, what it simply means is that this Gentleman in other to retire in peace and enjoy his ill gotten wealth, made thousands of civil servants and other state employees handicapped for months on end and someone call that " a man's infraction", this is a communal despoiling if anything, it is equal to sending the jews to the furnace.

When a whole swarth of human cannot feed their families due to one man's greed is that not worse than the holicause. We should dig deep and let the evil of what fellow men has to done to his other fellow men haunt them for eternity. The evil that men did should not live after them but should haunt them till eternity.
e

You old dunce is an absolute disgrace to your family and also a waste of human air.
Re: Is This The Reason We Cannot Have An Igbo President-col Augustine Aneibo Rtr by EzeUche(m): 7:32pm On Jun 27, 2010
My fellow Igbos instead of calling the OP a dunce let us discuss how his Yoruba people like OBJ and Co drained the economy as well and took billions of dollars compared to lowly Igbo Military Gov.

You compare one state to an entire country in which a compilation of the biggest looters in Nigeria were all non-Igbo. Mostly Yoruba and HAUSA!

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

If you all hate the Igbo so much, then stop crying when we bring up Biafra. That is all.

Igbos haven't been in power since the 60s but look at where this nation has gone. No where. Can't blame a people who have not had political power. Blame your own people and leave us the hellll alone.
Re: Is This The Reason We Cannot Have An Igbo President-col Augustine Aneibo Rtr by KnowAll(m): 8:54pm On Jun 27, 2010
[size=14pt]You people insulting me, it is not that I want to have a go at Igbos, in fact I stumbled on this while reading the biographies of all the past Military Governors of the states from 1991 when I left Niaja to 1999, to be sincere I know noting about them. It was when I got to Kogi State's past admnistrators that I stumbled on this.

What a gluttonic rogue, this man's own is tantamount to OBJ OR IBB living power and Naija cannot pay her civil servants for months on end, Nigeria cannot fulfil her international obligations due to a complete emptying of the treasury, I find it had to believe, I dear anyone of u type IBB or OBJ on google and see for yourselves if u would see anything implicating against them. Deep down most Nigerians know these guys have not being sincere but we have no proof. But this man's own is so blatant and surreal. Omo the guy kala, he no just send anybody
[/size]
Re: Is This The Reason We Cannot Have An Igbo President-col Augustine Aneibo Rtr by MrFire: 9:07pm On Jun 27, 2010
After Yoruba ruled Nigeria for 8 years, this was what we got
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-349566.0.html
Re: Is This The Reason We Cannot Have An Igbo President-col Augustine Aneibo Rtr by Dede1(m): 10:34pm On Jun 27, 2010
@OP

You are a dunce of retarded pedigree. Please I suggest you jump a cliff for good riddance.
Re: Is This The Reason We Cannot Have An Igbo President-col Augustine Aneibo Rtr by KnowAll(m): 10:47pm On Jun 27, 2010
You are a dunce of retarded pedigree. Please I suggest you jump a cliff for good riddance.

[size=14pt]You cannot be worse than this lunatic of a Governor, I will suggest any citizen of Kogi State who want their pound of flesh back should head to Abuja and do justice to his ill gotten hotel. A hotel he got by denying primary school and secondary school teachers wages for months on end. Anyone who comes out and support such a dastardly act I shall put a cause on that person, may the men of the underworld welcome u to Nigeria on your next sojourn to Nigeria. This hideous act should be condemned in all its ramifications whether he is from your tribe OR not. undecided[/size]
Re: Is This The Reason We Cannot Have An Igbo President-col Augustine Aneibo Rtr by MrFire: 10:51pm On Jun 27, 2010
Mr Know nothing

Lets say the Igbo man did what Yoruba and hausa leaders have been doing for ages and going scot free. The penultimate military gov of Abia state from Oyo by name MOSES FASANYA looted Abia dry before he was chased out by Abians. He was sent to Ondo where he went on to commit even more crimes before Adefarasin took over. If you touch that hotel, then you are going to face the wrath of the association of former military governors (all looters). Try and see.
Re: Is This The Reason We Cannot Have An Igbo President-col Augustine Aneibo Rtr by KnowAll(m): 11:05pm On Jun 27, 2010
y name MOSES FASANYA looted Abia dry before handing over to Orji Kalu. If you touch that hotel, then you are going to face the wrath of the association of former military governors (all looters). Try and see.

[size=14pt]at least he had the courtesy and decency to hand over unlike your man who disappeared. The Kogites would do justice to that Hotel even if it take 10 years, don't sleep on your laurel rogue. undecided[/size]
Re: Is This The Reason We Cannot Have An Igbo President-col Augustine Aneibo Rtr by MrFire: 11:07pm On Jun 27, 2010
KnowAll:

y name MOSES FASANYA looted Abia dry before handing over to Orji Kalu. If you touch that hotel, then you are going to face the wrath of the association of former military governors (all looters). Try and see.

[size=14pt]at least he had the courtesy and decency to hand over unlike your man who disappeared. The Kogites would do justice to that Hotel even if it take 10 years, don't sleep on your laurel rogue. undecided[/size]
Know-non-thing

No He did not hand over to Kalu. He was chased out from Abia. Read my last post. Like most Yoruba, Fasanya was a big fat rogue. I read about an EFCC analysis of criminals and your parents topped the list.
Re: Is This The Reason We Cannot Have An Igbo President-col Augustine Aneibo Rtr by KnowAll(m): 8:50am On Jul 29, 2010
[size=14pt]Ohakim's looting, another dent to the aspiration of hard working and sincere Igbo men.
[/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-485444.0.html#msg6448643
Re: Is This The Reason We Cannot Have An Igbo President-col Augustine Aneibo Rtr by redcliff: 8:23pm On Mar 11, 2023
KnowAll:

you have been a tribal Bigot for the last 13years and still at it. This is a post from 2010 and I see that you are still active here and still bigoted. How has your life been really?
Re: Is This The Reason We Cannot Have An Igbo President-col Augustine Aneibo Rtr by toprealman: 1:09am On Nov 24, 2023
KnowAll:
Colonel (retired) Augustine Ifeanyi Aniebo was the Military Administrator of Borno State, Nigeria during the military regime of General Sani Abacha. He then became Administrator of Kogi State, Nigeria from August 1998 to 29 May 1999 during the transitional regime of General Abdulsalami Abubakar, handing over to the elected civilian governor Abubakar Audu on 29 May 1999 at the start of the Nigerian Fourth Republic.[1]

Aniebo was born on 23 March 1950 in Anambra State.[2] In the Nigerian Civil War he commanded the Biafran 58 Brigade at Uyo.[3] He was captured in the fall of Uyo in 1968, and detained until the end of the war.[citation needed]

In May 1997 Nigerian security agents, working with Islamic leaders, stormed a Christian Church in Maiduguri, Borno State and ejected the pastor and church members. The church leaders appealed to Aniebo to act quickly to avoid a religious crisis.[4] In 1998 he said that the Borno State task force against smuggling had been strengthened to reduce cross-border smuggling of petroleum products to neighboring countries.[5]

[size=14pt]Appointed administrator of Kogi State in August 1998, he left office without swearing in his successor, having drained the state's treasury dry and racked up massive debts.[6][7] His successor, Abubakar Audu, personally went to President Olusegun Obasanjo to complain that it was impossible to administer the state given the size of the debts.[8]

Later he became Chairman and CEO of Hotel Millennium Abuja.[2]
[/size] shocked

Is this a classical atitude of an Igbo hench man OR just a one off.  undecided    lipsrsealed
Mention one Military Administrator in South East that worked. They all did nothing but steal in collaboration with the government officials!
Ike Nwosu was the MVP alongside Marwa!!
Re: Is This The Reason We Cannot Have An Igbo President-col Augustine Aneibo Rtr by optionalY09: 1:23am On Nov 24, 2023
Nigeria currently have a president let’s focus on what we can get him to work on to develop Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Fake Waec Certificate Ring Smashed . / Ministerial List: Okonjo-iweala's Name Conspicuously Missing Out / Buhari's Own Words Disqualify Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.