Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,040 members, 7,863,717 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:41 AM

Rivers State Is Number One In Unemployment In Nigeria - Dakuku Peterside - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers State Is Number One In Unemployment In Nigeria - Dakuku Peterside (553 Views)

Tonye Cole And Dakuku Peterside Visit Abdullahi Umar Ganduje / Supreme Court Affirms ₦6bn Damages Against Dakuku Peterside For Defaming Odili / Governor Wike & Dakuku Peterside Meet In Okrika (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers State Is Number One In Unemployment In Nigeria - Dakuku Peterside by hisexcellency34: 1:45pm On Aug 26, 2018
Dr. Dakuku Peterside, a former member of the House of Representatives was the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the 2015 governorship elections in Rivers state. Today, he is the Director- General of the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA). In this interview with journalists in Lagos, he speaks on development in Rivers state and how violence witnessed during elections in the state can be curbed. TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI brings the excerpts:

What is your general assessment of the Nyesom Wike-led administration?

I believe Governor Wike has done nothing in Rivers . He claims he is doing road projects. How can a governor be celebrating the commissioning of a road of one kilometre? I don’t know if that is what government is all about. Government is beyond that. In terms of providing a conducive environment for businesses to thrive, I don’t think anybody will say we have done well in Rivers. You can do a Google search yourself, the number one state in unemployment in the country today is Rivers state, according to the National Bureau of Statistics report. Why is Rivers state number one? Is it that there are no industries in the state? No. The fact is that industries are leaving the state in droves because government’s main responsibility is to provide a conducive environment for businesses to thrive.

The environment in Rivers state today is not conducive, by reason of insecurity, multiple taxation and reason of government not providing the right policy framework. If you want to secure land today to develop your business in Rivers state, you can be sure that every Tom, Dick and Harry will come and harass you. Under the Rotimi Amaechi administration, things were different.
By my own assessment, the Wike administration has not done well at all since coming to office in May 2015. I don’t know of any particular area that they can say they have done well. I am being honest and frank; I don’t know one area they will say they have done well.

I can start with physical infrastructures; he has done some roads for which I give him credit. He has also completed some roads started by the Amaechi administration but I keep telling him that completion of projects is not bad, but give credit to whom credit is due. There is a road that begins at the end of Peter Odili road which will take you to a place called Apajio. The Amaechi administration built two bridges and one flyover. It was started during my time as Commissioner for Works. Wike came in and just did a resurfacing of the last part of it and he called everybody to come and commission the road without acknowledging the fact that two bridges and a flyover was completed by the previous administration. The least I expected is that ‘Yes, the previous government did the following things, we completed it’. That is the issue I have with him.

How has he fared in terms of security?

In terms of security, the government has done nothing to secure Rivers state. The state is still unsafe as we speak. Ask those who live in Port Harcourt. People feel unsafe every minute. They have played down on reporting things that are going on because I heard that the Police is not providing information again to the media but the security challenge is still there. Families are leaving the state in droves and so, I don’t know in which area they have done well. Is it in the healthcare sector, is it education?

How will you assess him in the judicial sector because it seems all the courts are in the state are now functioning?

In the judiciary, he renovated the Court of Appeal; he didn’t build a new one. That to me is not his primary responsibility. He also renovated the National Industrial Court building which is the responsibility of the federal government. He also built housing estates for doctors but those are primary responsibilities of the federal government. Rivers state courts have issues begging for attention yet he is investing in federal judiciary. That means there must be some vested interests. Our local judicial officers in Rivers don’t have quarters. They are not exposed to the best trainings they can get. That means there is something the governor is up to. Why are you investing in federal judiciary which is not your primary responsibility while the state judiciary is in a bad shape? On my own, I don’t know what area they have done well. Former governor Amaechi used to say that there is no community in Rivers state that was neglected under him. If he didn’t put a school there, he puts a brand new health centre or initiate one project or the other in order to give all communities in the state a sense of belonging. Wike cannot say that at all. But these issues are not reported.

https://independent.ng/those-who-benefit-from-politics-of-violence-shouldnt-be-rewarded-peterside/

Re: Rivers State Is Number One In Unemployment In Nigeria - Dakuku Peterside by sarrki(m): 1:55pm On Aug 26, 2018
Hmmmmm

Pdp power
Re: Rivers State Is Number One In Unemployment In Nigeria - Dakuku Peterside by chomchom1(f): 1:56pm On Aug 26, 2018
That's Amaechi handwork tongue

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Is Number One In Unemployment In Nigeria - Dakuku Peterside by Afriifa(m): 2:03pm On Aug 26, 2018
Desperate bid to wrestle power from Wike.
I have always said it that the security challenges facing Rivers State Govt are all the handwork of opposition. From sars shooting and harrasing people, ballot snatching, recently they are using the military to cause mayhem on several communities... APC stinks.. Even Sen. Akpabio dat just joined dem av been baptized with their spirit of violence(Hitler-Poland). House of Rep Member somewhere unleashing thugs on his constituency for asking questions about how funds allocated for projects are being utilized
Fulani comes to my mind... APC is just sh*thole of a party, making Nigeria a Sh*thole for other nations.
Even heavens knows that Rivers State is PDP..
I don't know why this APC clowns are still wet-dreaming about rivers state becoming an APC state 2019.
Despearation leads to deaths.. Dakuku, u are my Ijaw brother but No No No.. I am supporting Wike when its comes to rivers state.
Mr Project Deserves another Term, just like APC would say Ambode Deserves another term...
Wike all the way 2019..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Is Number One In Unemployment In Nigeria - Dakuku Peterside by hisexcellency34: 2:04pm On Aug 26, 2018
How? Is Amaechi the governor or President?
chomchom1:
That's Amaechi handwork tongue

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Is Number One In Unemployment In Nigeria - Dakuku Peterside by sarrki(m): 2:05pm On Aug 26, 2018
hisexcellency34:
How? Is Amaechi the governor or President?

When we say enemies of state are set of confused people we mean it

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Is Number One In Unemployment In Nigeria - Dakuku Peterside by Joevics(m): 2:10pm On Aug 26, 2018
Apc don't have anything to campaign with. Wike performed above their expectations, so they now resort to "Riverine candidate" and "Employment" Bull shit.

Dakuku Should go and rest.
Employment issue is not only in Rivers state. Over 8 million Nigerians have lost their Jobs since Buhari took over.
The high ratevof unemployment is due to APC mismanagement of tge affairs of the nation.

So let Wike be.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Is Number One In Unemployment In Nigeria - Dakuku Peterside by donbachi(m): 2:35pm On Aug 26, 2018
who you epp..as nimasa dg
Re: Rivers State Is Number One In Unemployment In Nigeria - Dakuku Peterside by Racoon(m): 2:39pm On Aug 26, 2018
And what is the unemployment index today with the APC -led government that this idiot is part off angry These people keep insulting our collective sensibility in this country.

https://www.channelstv.com/2017/12/22/7-9-million-nigerians-became-unemployed-21months-nbs/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Re: Rivers State Is Number One In Unemployment In Nigeria - Dakuku Peterside by nairavsdollars(f): 2:41pm On Aug 26, 2018
He epp-ed his pockets lol

donbachi:
who you epp..as nimasa dg
Re: Rivers State Is Number One In Unemployment In Nigeria - Dakuku Peterside by adonis89(m): 3:37pm On Aug 26, 2018
And APC controlled states are living in Eldorado abi. Useless man

(1) (Reply)

COLD-HEARTED Nigerian Stabbed Fellow Country Man To Death In South Africa [see P / Adorable Photo Of President Buhari, Wife And A Little Girl In China / Osun State Governorship Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.