Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,506 members, 7,812,557 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

Rivers Igbo, Delta Igbo And Igbo Politics & Unity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Igbo, Delta Igbo And Igbo Politics & Unity (923 Views)

Igbo Politics Will Surely Lead To Another War: Aare Ona Kakanfo Of Yoruba Land S / Okowa Is Igbo : Delta State Government / The Igbo Delta Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Igbo, Delta Igbo And Igbo Politics & Unity by UgwuAghachi: 5:22pm On Aug 26, 2018
It is no news that Igbo need to unite as a tribe first before any affiliation with any political party or geopolitical region. The constant looking down on other Igbo by Anambra, the denial of their Igbo heritage by Ikwerre are the 2 major issues that hamper our unity. The term 'fake Igbo' was coined by Igbo people who were slave merchants and had to justify the selling of their igbo brothers from other towns. Just like whites did to blacks, if you make a human being look like he was created lesser than you, it will make your evil seem less evil.

Igbo is the most blessed tribe in Nigeria and I say so because we have everything. But the inability for Igbo to see beyond trivialities and unite on even basic issues sometimes make me wonder whether voodoo has been used to stop our unity.

We have coal in Enugu that can be used to provide 24hrs electricity for all of Igbo land, from Anambra to PH

We have a port in PH but we haven't made any concrete move to reconcile with our Ikwerre brothers who felt some of us wanted to dominate them out if their God given assets. You say Ikwerre denied Igbo during the civil war but even Peter denied Jesus and he still went on the be the first leader of the church

Although some States have erosion issues, Ebonyi state which is the biggest state in igboland has enough land for agriculture to feed all of us

We have Anioma steady churning out world class sports personalities and economists but whenever we want to give a shout out or announcement concerning Igbo land we skip them and mention only the 5 Igbo States. The moment we realize that Nigerian geopolitical zones are nothing more than lines drawn on sand and that we have our Igbo brothers who are as Igbo as we are in the south south, the better for us.

Anambra, IMO and Abia, we already know how important they are in terms of commerce, education and industry

My solutions

- Anybody that calls another Igbo fake Igbo should be severely dealt with because even though it was your forefather that was a slave merchant and not you, (which means you don't have to pay for the evil he did), you have to pay for your demeaning utterances

- If you want to refer to where Igbo come from, call it Igbo land and not south east because we all don't come from south east. South east was a political strategy to make sure we don't have access to the sea and to divide us

- Make genuine efforts to reach out to those in the south south (Rivers and Delta). If you think their shakara is too much, they should be proud! Afterall na them God give port. You are proud of your achievement and asset so why shouldn't they be proud of theirs

If we can get this 3 things right. We have solved our most basic problems and are ready to move to the next phase

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Igbo, Delta Igbo And Igbo Politics & Unity by sarrki(m): 5:23pm On Aug 26, 2018
Please don’t involve Igbos

They are terrorist
Re: Rivers Igbo, Delta Igbo And Igbo Politics & Unity by UgwuAghachi: 5:26pm On Aug 26, 2018
sarrki:

They are terrorist

First of all, ipob are our brothers and not terrorists.

And this is a thread about Igbo politics, so I wasn't talking to my people not you, you shouldn't be here

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Igbo, Delta Igbo And Igbo Politics & Unity by sarrki(m): 5:27pm On Aug 26, 2018
UgwuAghachi:

First of all, ipob are our brothers and not terrorists.

And this is a thread about Igbo politics, so I wasn't talking to my people not you, you shouldn't be here

On a national forum?

Lol
Re: Rivers Igbo, Delta Igbo And Igbo Politics & Unity by UgwuAghachi: 5:30pm On Aug 26, 2018
sarrki:

On a national forum?

Lol

Because a church is called a public place doesn't mean Muslims go in there.

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Igbo, Delta Igbo And Igbo Politics & Unity by UgwuAghachi: 5:56pm On Aug 26, 2018
Coal producers 29% of the world electricity and is used in industrialized nations like UK, China among others
Re: Rivers Igbo, Delta Igbo And Igbo Politics & Unity by donbachi(m): 5:57pm On Aug 26, 2018
Ikwerre(iwhuroha) is a tribe of it's own.they claimed,they migrated from benin kingdom...through their father known as akalaka..who gave birth to ekpeye and iwhuroha..just like the rumuomasi declaration of 1965 thereabout..ogbakor ikwerre made it clear that,they are not ibos...i am not ikwerre.though a niger deltan.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Igbo, Delta Igbo And Igbo Politics & Unity by UgwuAghachi: 6:20pm On Aug 26, 2018
donbachi:
Ikwerre(iwhuroha) is a tribe of it's own.they claimed,they migrated from benin kingdom...through their father known as akalaka..who gave birth to ekpeye and iwhuroha..just like the rumuomasi declaration of 1965 thereabout..ogbakor ikwerre made it clear that,they are not ibos...i am not ikwerre.though a niger deltan.

If most Igbo people here type their local dialect from their town, it will look like another language. So when I'm talking to Igbos about our issues, a non Igbo will NEVER understand. 'we south south' people should skip the thread because for so long you people have blackmailed our Igbo brothers in the south south to deny their Igbo identity in order to get political posts and advantages in their states and I say NO MORE.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Igbo, Delta Igbo And Igbo Politics & Unity by benben1000: 6:50pm On Aug 26, 2018
UgwuAghachi:
[s]It is no news that Igbo need to unite as a tribe first before any affiliation with any political party or geopolitical region. The constant looking down on other Igbo by Anambra, the denial of their Igbo heritage by Ikwerre are the 2 major issues that hamper our unity. The term 'fake Igbo' was coined by Igbo people who were slave merchants and had to justify the selling of their igbo brothers from other towns. Just like whites did to blacks, if you make a human being look like he was created lesser than you, it will make your evil seem less evil.

Igbo is the most blessed tribe in Nigeria and I say so because we have everything. But the inability for Igbo to see beyond trivialities and unite on even basic issues sometimes make me wonder whether voodoo has been used to stop our unity.

We have coal in Enugu that can be used to provide 24hrs electricity for all of Igbo land, from Anambra to PH

We have a port in PH but we haven't made any concrete move to reconcile with our Ikwerre brothers who felt some of us wanted to dominate them out if their God given assets. You say Ikwerre denied Igbo during the civil war but even Peter denied Jesus and he still went on the be the first leader of the church

Although some States have erosion issues, Ebonyi state which is the biggest state in igboland has enough land for agriculture to feed all of us

We have Anioma steady churning out world class sports personalities and economists but whenever we want to give a shout out or announcement concerning Igbo land we skip them and mention only the 5 Igbo States. The moment we realize that Nigerian geopolitical zones are nothing more than lines drawn on sand and that we have our Igbo brothers who are as Igbo as we are in the south south, the better for us.

Anambra, IMO and Abia, we already know how important they are in terms of commerce, education and industry

My solutions

- Anybody that calls another Igbo fake Igbo should be severely dealt with because even though it was your forefather that was a slave merchant and not you, (which means you don't have to pay for the evil he did), you have to pay for your demeaning utterances

- If you want to refer to where Igbo come from, call it Igbo land and not south east because we all don't come from south east. South east was a political strategy to make sure we don't have access to the sea and to divide us

- Make genuine efforts to reach out to those in the south south (Rivers and Delta). If you think their shakara is too much, they should be proud! Afterall na them God give port. You are proud of your achievement and asset so why shouldn't they be proud of theirs

If we can get this 3 things right. We have solved our most basic problems and are ready to move to the next phase[/s]

Useless afonja. Obsessed with Igbos!

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Igbo, Delta Igbo And Igbo Politics & Unity by Arda1000(m): 7:02pm On Aug 26, 2018
sarrki:

They are terrorist
sarrki why na? Na igbo thread be this and u come be the first person to comment na why?
Re: Rivers Igbo, Delta Igbo And Igbo Politics & Unity by Arda1000(m): 7:06pm On Aug 26, 2018
donbachi:
so hw does benin people come about speaking igbo language?

1 Like

Re: Rivers Igbo, Delta Igbo And Igbo Politics & Unity by Ojiofor: 7:13pm On Aug 26, 2018
UgwuAghachi:
[s]It is no news that Igbo need to unite as a tribe first before any affiliation with any political party or geopolitical region. The constant looking down on other Igbo by Anambra, the denial of their Igbo heritage by Ikwerre are the 2 major issues that hamper our unity. The term 'fake Igbo' was coined by Igbo people who were slave merchants and had to justify the selling of their igbo brothers from other towns. Just like whites did to blacks, if you make a human being look like he was created lesser than you, it will make your evil seem less evil.

My solutions

If we can get this 3 things right. We have solved our most basic problems and are ready to move to the next phase[/s]

Sarrki well done o.
Re: Rivers Igbo, Delta Igbo And Igbo Politics & Unity by citizenY(m): 7:19pm On Aug 26, 2018
sarrki:
They are terrorist
Sarki......stay clear please. I beg you
Re: Rivers Igbo, Delta Igbo And Igbo Politics & Unity by justtoodark: 7:33pm On Aug 26, 2018
citizenY:

Sarki......stay clear please. I beg you

say pwety pwease with cherry on top....

kiiiikikikikiki....

Re: Rivers Igbo, Delta Igbo And Igbo Politics & Unity by UgwuAghachi: 7:49pm On Aug 26, 2018
2.8 billion tons of coal in Nigeria. 60% of that is in Igbo land. A ton of coal is 80 dollars. That's more than a trillion dollars worth of coal deposits in Igbo land
Re: Rivers Igbo, Delta Igbo And Igbo Politics & Unity by UgwuAghachi: 8:24pm On Aug 27, 2018
Igbo Amaka

(1) (Reply)

Suspected Mad Man Nearly Rapes Market Woman In Asaba, Delta State / 2019: Atiku Bows To Pressure, Reluctantly Signs Peace Accord / Benue Youths Storm Aper Aku Stadium With Water, Fire To Cleanse Buhari's Bad Luc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.