Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,351 members, 7,819,253 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

MI Abaga Reacts To Wizkid, Burna Boy’s Endorsement Of Nasty C As Africa’s Bigges - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / MI Abaga Reacts To Wizkid, Burna Boy’s Endorsement Of Nasty C As Africa’s Bigges (1659 Views)

MI Abaga Reacts As Nigerians Call Him The Most Rude Artiste Alongside Burna Boy, / MI Abaga Reacts To Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo And Busola Dakolo Rape Allegation / MI Abaga Reacts To Claims Of Lagos Man Who Has Slept With 5,000 Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MI Abaga Reacts To Wizkid, Burna Boy’s Endorsement Of Nasty C As Africa’s Bigges by candygist: 6:48pm On Aug 26, 2018
Nigerian rapper and Chocolate City boss, Jude Abaga popularly known as M.I Abaga, has reacted to Wizkid and Burna Boy’s endorsement of a South African artiste, Nasty C, as the biggest rapper in Africa; saying he has no issue with it.
The rapper, who just released his fourth studio album, Yung Denzel: A Story on Self Worth, told The Punch that:

“Nasty C is taking rap music to another level right now; he is doing a great job. I cannot count how many times Wizkid has called me the biggest rapper in Africa. It is unwise to want to be called the best all the time. I think my focus now is always to do my best, not to be the best. I am a big fan of Nasty C and I appreciate everything he does.

“Since I called out Nigerian rappers to fix up their lives, I have seen changes. I believe that we have great and talented rappers in Nigeria; I was just trying to wake them up from their slumber.”
On his new 10-track album, he said.

“This album is more personal to me and deeper than my previous albums. I like you to listen to it and tell me what you feel about it. I talked about mental health, low self-esteem, depression and other issues people battle with every day. I like all the songs; I don’t have a favourite track.”

The album, released midnight on Friday is M.I’s second album in 2018; the first, “Rendezvous” was released in February.

Prior to the unveiling of the album, M.I had dropped hints of the release by sharing the official track-list and tweets to keep his fans pumped up with anticipation.

It features 10 tracks including his highly controversial cut “You Rappers Should Fix Up Your Lives” which stirred a wide range of arguments in the music scene as at the time of its release.

http://www.candygist.com/2018/08/mi-abaga-reacts-to-wizkid-burna-boys.html?m=1
Re: MI Abaga Reacts To Wizkid, Burna Boy’s Endorsement Of Nasty C As Africa’s Bigges by Ekez(m): 7:07pm On Aug 26, 2018
Ok becuase we no come dey feel you like dat again

1 Like

Re: MI Abaga Reacts To Wizkid, Burna Boy’s Endorsement Of Nasty C As Africa’s Bigges by jey4all(m): 7:29pm On Aug 26, 2018
MI is matured

1 Like

Re: MI Abaga Reacts To Wizkid, Burna Boy’s Endorsement Of Nasty C As Africa’s Bigges by Merimental(m): 7:35pm On Aug 26, 2018
wat happened to d old MI u used to spit n mess wit rhymes it made rap feel so easy..
Re: MI Abaga Reacts To Wizkid, Burna Boy’s Endorsement Of Nasty C As Africa’s Bigges by hatux: 8:09pm On Aug 26, 2018
Glad he didn't mess up...
Re: MI Abaga Reacts To Wizkid, Burna Boy’s Endorsement Of Nasty C As Africa’s Bigges by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 26, 2018
MI Abaga cannot rule the Afrikan rap industry for ever. The law of diminishing returns does not only apply to economics, it affects everything.

MI is dope & is a star who emerged at a time when the Nigerian rap/hip-hop industry needed a revolution.

Ruggedman is another icon I respect so much. His "Broken Promise & Won't Battle feat. C-mion" are classic jams that I have kept on my music library since 2005.

How can I also forget to mention Mode 9's Cry? grin

My point is - even Amerikan rap gods like Run DMC, Ice Cube, KRS-One, Nas, have all exceeded their elastic limit and therefore MI Abaga should have just kept mum while showing new rap artists love & support to come on board.

1 Like

Re: MI Abaga Reacts To Wizkid, Burna Boy’s Endorsement Of Nasty C As Africa’s Bigges by weyreypey: 9:20pm On Aug 26, 2018
Zoharariel:
MI Abaga cannot rule the Afrikan rap industry for ever. The law of diminishing returns does not only apply to economics, it affects everything.

MI is dope & is a star who emerged at a time when the Nigerian rap/hip-hop industry needed a revolution.

Ruggedman is another icon I respect so much. His "Broken Promise & Won't Battle feat. C-mion" are classic jams that I have kept on my music library since 2005.

How can I also forget to mention Mode 9's Cry? grin

My point is - even Amerikan rap gods like Run DMC, Ice Cube, KRS-One, Nas, have all exceeded their elastic limit and therefore MI Abaga should have just kept mum while showing new rap artists love & support to come on board.
Go and finish your Opel Vectra story...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MI Abaga Reacts To Wizkid, Burna Boy’s Endorsement Of Nasty C As Africa’s Bigges by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 26, 2018
weyreypey:

Go and finish your Opel Vectra story...

Ogbeni, fimile jooor! Kini mo se fun e gan na? grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MI Abaga Reacts To Wizkid, Burna Boy’s Endorsement Of Nasty C As Africa’s Bigges by weyreypey: 9:33pm On Aug 26, 2018
Zoharariel:

Ogbeni, fimile jooor! Kini mo se fun e gan na? grin
Itan yen naa ni o....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MI Abaga Reacts To Wizkid, Burna Boy’s Endorsement Of Nasty C As Africa’s Bigges by Kokugraphics(m): 10:04pm On Aug 26, 2018
What do we make of this or these?
Re: MI Abaga Reacts To Wizkid, Burna Boy’s Endorsement Of Nasty C As Africa’s Bigges by fr3do(m): 11:00pm On Aug 26, 2018
I remember fast money fast cars

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Actress, Mide Martins All Smiles As She Rocks Colourful Outfit / Controversial Singer Princess Vitarah Flashes Underboob In New Bikini Photos / 80% Of Guys Can't Do This. See What A Guy Did After Proposing To His Babe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.