Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,457 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Is Good Works Enough To Please God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Good Works Enough To Please God? (332 Views)

Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? / Six Important Ways To Please God / 7 Ways To Please God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Good Works Enough To Please God? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:44am On Aug 27, 2018
www.livingwaters.com

The person who does good works in an effort to please God will always have the question hanging over his or her head, "Is it enough?" When will they be finished doing good works so that they can say, "I'm done. Atonement has been made. I now have everlasting life"?

The question is asked because they lack understanding as to the holiness of God. It would be easier to put out the sun with a water pistol, than for anyone to provide their own atonement.

If you want to see what it is that satisfies the perfect justice of God a morally perfect Creator, look to the cross. Look to the battered, bruised, and bloody body of the morally perfect Lamb of God, as His soul was made an offering for sin. Hear His cry of anguish "My God, my God, why have you forsaken Me!" as the sin of the world was laid upon Him.

Those who look to the cross immediately and gladly abandon the hopelessness of trying to earn their salvation. They know that they can never bribe the Judge of the Universe to dismiss their many crimes against His Law. Instead they look to Him who's last words were "It is finished!" The debt to the Law was paid in full by the blood of the Lamb.

[Source] https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 20 August 2014 ·

Re: Is Good Works Enough To Please God? by Gent: 7:55am On Aug 27, 2018
In summary, good works, though good (i.e. your own human effort to do good things), but cannot please God,

in other words, they (good works), are filthy rags in the sight of God, thus good works cannot earn you salvation.

Salvation comes only when you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior, and follow Him all the time.

It is only after accepting Christ that God appreciates your good works.

(1) (Reply)

Thoughts Of The Godless / The Spirits Subject To The Mortal, The Anger's, The Mystery And All Of Those / The God Kind Of Faith – Kenneth E. Hagin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.