Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Gridlock Holds Passengers Hostage For 72 Hours In Kogi - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Gridlock Holds Passengers Hostage For 72 Hours In Kogi (18185 Views)

Drama As Unruly Max Air Pilot Holds Passengers Hostage For 4 Hours After Boardin / Trucks That Broke Down On Lagos Roads Within The Last 72 Hours (Photos) / Apapa-road Gridlock: How Companies Move Cargoes From Lagos Ports -PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gridlock Holds Passengers Hostage For 72 Hours In Kogi by otunbakolawole(m): 10:02am On Aug 27, 2018
Buhari is no magician! We know! The man campaigned in 2014/2015 like a magician though. As "Buhari 8years" that is not cast in stone. I pray Nigeria never experience this kind of leadership, i pray we experience better and a robust leadership starting from 2019.
I don't know the foundations you talking about, Is it his government impunity when it comes to court orders and illegal detentions. Is it the way and manner they have gone about fighting corruption. Is it the incompetence of government in handling the various cries in the various parts of the country? Is it in the carelessness of government in relation to its communication with its citizens? Is it in the way the economy has been managed, vis a viz the unbalanced and unsustainable continous propping of the naira, the misuse of economics by the CBN, Finance minister, the enormously painful debt we have accumulated so far, the daunting trends and difficult choices Nigerians make daily, the rising inequality and disunity, the armies of unemployment..... Yet, Buhari like every other government in this country shift the blame, never taking responsibility, but skillful at making up excuses
PHILipu1:

Lol.
Because brainwashed people thought they were voting a magician in 2015 that will just snap a finger and everything will change over night.

We knew from day one that Buhari was not going to change all the wrongs of many years within 3 years and even 8 years will not be enough but we can see that he is laying that foundation for this nation to stand on in years to come.

We just pray that after Buhari 8 years another person like him that will continue from where Buhari stop will come and in matter of years,Nigeria will be the talk of the world.

We that voted Buhari are patient and ready to give him more years and I believe we are still in the majority.

Wailers can continue wailing.

The people that were going to serve in Buhari government before were not going to come from heaven but one thing is sure,they will never try the looting and rubbish they did under your so call hero.

You are crying just because of Buhari 3 years and you tag him a failure already but you wanted us to still give PDP more years in 2015 after they wasted good 16 years doing nothing.
;DBuhari is no magician! We know! The man campaigned in 2014/2015 like a magician though. As "Buhari 8years"
PHILipu1:

Lol.
Because brainwashed people thought they were voting a magician in 2015 that will just snap a finger and everything will change over night.

We knew from day one that Buhari was not going to change all the wrongs of many years within 3 years and even 8 years will not be enough but we can see that he is laying that foundation for this nation to stand on in years to come.

We just pray that after Buhari 8 years another person like him that will continue from where Buhari stop will come and in matter of years,Nigeria will be the talk of the world.

We that voted Buhari are patient and ready to give him more years and I believe we are still in the majority.

Wailers can continue wailing.

The people that were going to serve in Buhari government before were not going to come from heaven but one thing is sure,they will never try the looting and rubbish they did under your so call hero.

You are crying just because of Buhari 3 years and you tag him a failure already but you wanted us to still give PDP more years in 2015 after they wasted good 16 years doing nothing.
Re: Gridlock Holds Passengers Hostage For 72 Hours In Kogi by PastorAji(m): 10:04am On Aug 27, 2018
frowland:

Don't mind those jokers. To them government started 2015. ..and I think 72 hrs is an exaggeration. A vehicle drove for 72hrs in a 6km journey? I think the writer is trying to be mischievous.
6Km is something a bicycle can do in 15-20mins if the rider is moving at lets say standard 10-15km/hr. There is no truth in that comment.
Either the writer is being tricky or the readers are gullible.
undecided undecided
STFU
The day I was going to Abuja from Ibadan, we spent nothing less than 3hours on that stretch of road (I mean Okene axis)
And it was 3 weeks ago
Re: Gridlock Holds Passengers Hostage For 72 Hours In Kogi by frowland(m): 10:11am On Aug 27, 2018
PastorAji:
undecided undecided
STFU
The day I was going to Abuja from Ibadan, we spent nothing less than 3hours on that stretch of road
And it was 3 weeks ago

That's normal agreed, but 72hrs for 6km journey? Common! Okay let me break it down as a layman for m0rons who still argue this. A snail moves at an average speed of 0.045km/hr. Now based on OPs assertion of 6km/72hrs =0.08km/hr, it means a snail moving toward same direction with a car at the hold up, will get to the destination with just 5hrs difference with the car! That's surely a huge joke.
Re: Gridlock Holds Passengers Hostage For 72 Hours In Kogi by unohbethel(m): 10:38am On Aug 27, 2018
Tonimordred:
no b 2 go house go chop,bath, sleep n kum bak until d road clear
lol lol

werey guy
Re: Gridlock Holds Passengers Hostage For 72 Hours In Kogi by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 27, 2018
Nukilia:

Those who stashed our money in foreign accounts deserve to be executed publicly. It sounds so terrible when a supposed man of integrity tells us that the likes of Abacha was not corrupt, but today the money retrieved from the same Abacha is shared to people.

Politicians are not voted to share money, but they're voted to fix our dilapidated infrastructure, not neglecting the aged in our society, but putting in place a sustainable measure towards fixing our society. Shalom grin grin grin
It sounds so terrible when the supposed young ones who should be smarter intentionally misconstrue words of the "old leader" just to feed their bias and possibly misinform.

Now , please quote the statement where PMB said abacha was not corrupt. And i am actually waiting
Re: Gridlock Holds Passengers Hostage For 72 Hours In Kogi by Nukilia: 11:30am On Aug 27, 2018
silastemplar:
It sounds so terrible when the supposed young ones who should be smarter intentionally misconstrue words of the "old leader" just to feed their bias and possibly misinform.

Now , please quote the statement where PMB said abacha was not corrupt. And i am actually waiting

Silas, I decided to dignify you with a response: see conversation wrt the discussion in our national dailies.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/abacha-never-stole/

Have a great day...
Re: Gridlock Holds Passengers Hostage For 72 Hours In Kogi by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 27, 2018
Nukilia:

Silas, I decided to dignify you with a response: see conversation wrt the discussion in our national dailies.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/abacha-never-stole/

Have a great day...
i decided to dignify the link (from vanguard) you sent by clicking , but i couldnt read past the first two paragraphs cos it was as i expected it to be.. balderdash from who else but vanguard. mere figments of the writers imagination. And just so you know, it still doesnt contain a quote showing where the president said Abacha isnt corrupt. Provide that or just shut up for good
Re: Gridlock Holds Passengers Hostage For 72 Hours In Kogi by PHILipu1(m): 11:52am On Aug 27, 2018
otunbakolawole:
Buhari is no magician! We know! The man campaigned in 2014/2015 like a magician though. As "Buhari 8years" that is not cast in stone. I pray Nigeria never experience this kind of leadership, i pray we experience better and a robust leadership starting from 2019.
I don't know the foundations you talking about, Is it his government impunity when it comes to court orders and illegal detentions. Is it the way and manner they have gone about fighting corruption. Is it the incompetence of government in handling the various cries in the various parts of the country? Is it in the carelessness of government in relation to its communication with its citizens? Is it in the way the economy has been managed, vis a viz the unbalanced and unsustainable continous propping of the naira, the misuse of economics by the CBN, Finance minister, the enormously painful debt we have accumulated so far, the daunting trends and difficult choices Nigerians make daily, the rising inequality and disunity, the armies of unemployment..... Yet, Buhari like every other government in this country shift the blame, never taking responsibility, but skillful at making up excuses ;DBuhari is no magician! We know! The man campaigned in 2014/2015 like a magician though. As "Buhari 8years"

Wow!
Do you know that if your PDP had done well for 16 years,that it will not be possible to be in all the mess you mentioned above.

Your PDP handed over a dead country to Buhari and you guys expect him to fix it over it.

The economy didn't get to this stage over night.
How do you explain a country that made so much during crude oil boom but have no good foreign reserve and no good infrastructures on ground?

Why blaming Buhari for the division in Nigeria now?
Were you a kid when PDP were campaigning in 2015 and made some people in one part of the country to believe that APC is an Islamic party that belong to the north?

You are just running from the facts that we are in all this mess because of PDP 16 years of bad governance and it has nothing to do with Buhari just 3 years.

Take it or leave it,things would have be worse than this if PDP had won in 2015 and crude oil price was that low and it's members looting continue.

We would have gone the Venezuela way if not for Buhari and Osinbajo coming
Re: Gridlock Holds Passengers Hostage For 72 Hours In Kogi by Nukilia: 12:19pm On Aug 27, 2018
silastemplar:
i decided to dignify the link (from vanguard) you sent by clicking , but i couldnt read past the first two paragraphs cos it was as i expected it to be.. balderdash from who else but vanguard. mere figments of the writers imagination. And just so you know, it still doesnt contain a quote showing where the president said Abacha isnt corrupt. Provide that or just shut up for good

I now get it... grin grin grin
Re: Gridlock Holds Passengers Hostage For 72 Hours In Kogi by otunbakolawole(m): 1:02pm On Aug 27, 2018
Excuses never solve our problems. We need honest answers to solve our challenges. Obama inherited a bad economy.... he turned it around, didnt sit in power making excuse like you and the government of APC. Trump got in, despite his pitfalls he has turned the economy in USA around. The man in Ghana is doing same. Angola had it worse with the recession at the same time as us, yet they did the needful, and their economy has moved quite well. In Nigeria, the governor of Gombe, Abia, Cross River, Lagos, Ogun, Kebbi, Sokoto, Rivers, all took the development of their states in the same season of complains and pushed their respective states forward.

NIGERIANS VOTED APC TO.CHANGE THINGS UP. 3 YRS @ THE FEDERAL LEVEL, APC CREATED A STREAM OF FLOWING EXCUSES. NIGERIANS SAID NO TO PDP, WE KNOW THEY WERE BAD, SEEMS APC IS WORSE.

PDP created the lapses in the NASS.
PDP created the crisis in APC which has affected the focus of the government.
PDP created the lies the govt keeps churning out daily.
PDP created the bouts of inflation , the injustice and growing conflicts. ABI? Always passing the blame, yet ever ready to take the glory.

Quit making excuse for incompetence. All we blamed PDP for APC has done, in some cases outdone.
The journey to make Nigeria great is a long and difficult one, one if we are all sincere Buhari can't lead us to. Looking at what this govt has offered thus far.
PHILipu1:

Wow!
Do you know that if your PDP had done well for 16 years,that it will not be possible to be in all the mess you mentioned above.

Your PDP handed over a dead country to Buhari and you guys expect him to fix it over it.

The economy didn't get to this stage over night.
How do you explain a country that made so much during crude oil boom but have no good foreign reserve and no good infrastructures on ground?

Why blaming Buhari for the division in Nigeria now?
Were you a kid when PDP were campaigning in 2015 and made some people in one part of the country to believe that APC is an Islamic party that belong to the north?

You are just running from the facts that we are in all this mess because of PDP 16 years of bad governance and it has nothing to do with Buhari just 3 years.

Take it or leave it,things would have be worse than this if PDP had won in 2015 and crude oil price was that low and it's members looting continue.

We would have gone the Venezuela way if not for Buhari and Osinbajo coming
Re: Gridlock Holds Passengers Hostage For 72 Hours In Kogi by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 27, 2018
Nukilia:

I now get it... grin grin grin
your cup of tea. but you still havent provided the quote though
Re: Gridlock Holds Passengers Hostage For 72 Hours In Kogi by zicoraads: 2:01pm On Aug 27, 2018
AryaSand:

Yahaya Bello is the most Useless Governor we have in Nigeria at the moment. He has been for the past 3years. Sometimes I find it hard to believe he is in his 40s. That guy lacks vision, na only to accumulate wife and worry about who should be first lady he sabi.
LOL.

Are you from Kogi State?
Re: Gridlock Holds Passengers Hostage For 72 Hours In Kogi by PHILipu1(m): 2:04pm On Aug 27, 2018
otunbakolawole:
Excuses never solve our problems. We need honest answers to solve our challenges. Obama inherited a bad economy.... he turned it around, didnt sit in power making excuse like you and the government of APC. Trump got in, despite his pitfalls he has turned the economy in USA around. The man in Ghana is doing same. Angola had it worse with the recession at the same time as us, yet they did the needful, and their economy has moved quite well. In Nigeria, the governor of Gombe, Abia, Cross River, Lagos, Ogun, Kebbi, Sokoto, Rivers, all took the development of their states in the same season of complains and pushed their respective states forward.

NIGERIANS VOTED APC TO.CHANGE THINGS UP. 3 YRS @ THE FEDERAL LEVEL, APC CREATED A STREAM OF FLOWING EXCUSES. NIGERIANS SAID NO TO PDP, WE KNOW THEY WERE BAD, SEEMS APC IS WORSE.

PDP created the lapses in the NASS.
PDP created the crisis in APC which has affected the focus of the government.
PDP created the lies the govt keeps churning out daily.
PDP created the bouts of inflation , the injustice and growing conflicts. ABI? Always passing the blame, yet ever ready to take the glory.

Quit making excuse for incompetence. All we blamed PDP for APC has done, in some cases outdone.
The journey to make Nigeria great is a long and difficult one, one if we are all sincere Buhari can't lead us to. Looking at what this govt has offered thus far.
Wow.
It's funny you are comparing Nigeria to American that their democracy didn't start today and you are also comparing Nigeria to mushroom countries like Ghana and Angola that many states are bigger than.

But one thing you can not take away from this countries that you mentioned above is that they don't have opposition party like PDP that will have in Nigeria.

In this countries, when parties lose election in this countries you mentioned,they come together and put their hands together to help the party that won to move their country forward.

But what we have here is PDP playing opposition of pulling down the government in power.

You guys will wail why is this like that and when the present government give you guys reasons why it is like that,you guys will tag it blame game.

Is the present government just suppose to accept all facts that it caused the present mess when statistics and figures showed that 16 years of PDP bad governance contributed a lot to it?

If you guys don't want this government to talk and blame you guys for all this mess,then your party ought to shameless keep quiet and stop disturbing us with Buhari 3 years if your PDP don't want people to talk about it's own 16 years of bad governance.

Everything will are experiencing today is as a result of many years of bad governance which your party contributed majority of it.
Re: Gridlock Holds Passengers Hostage For 72 Hours In Kogi by otunbakolawole(m): 5:09pm On Aug 27, 2018
Am not a PDP member o! coz you keep making you guys reference and all.
You quite myopic in your analysis, you call Ghana mushroom? you call Angola mushroom? yet those 'mushroom countries' are setting better examples both in the political sphere, economic & social landscape, example we should have laid down for them to follow. A visit to those nations might change your perspective if you haven't sold out completely.
My reference to Obama and Trump is valid, it has nothing to do with the age of democracy, it has every thing to do with competent, honest and a willing leadership.
On the kind of opposition we have in Nigeria today, anyone who is honest will agree that this 2015-date brand of opposition, not just the PDP but by all the other political parties is the most docile brand of opposition we have seen in a while. We were here when Lai Mohammed was churning out gaffes, hearsay, rumors, half truths and the bitter naked truths, we were here when APGA was doing same, Labour party same, CPC same, &a host of others. This Buhari govt had a free ride, that it started opposing itself. The presidency will criticise a national assembly with unprintable words, the same national assembly is largely populated by APC in the same federal government. The governors of different states controlled by APC will fight and insult their fellow APC senators and Reps in the face of no opposition. Kano, Kaduna, Adamawa, Bauchi, Benue, Kogi, Oyo comes to mind. Yet you blame the PDP. It quite unfortunate that you would.

As for the past rule of PDP, we Nigerians got tired of them, booted them out, the APC came it, and has now photocopied the ways and manner in which PDP ruled, same script, same characters, under a even more docile president. Change is not a mouth thing, its not a wish.

I am saying with Buhari we are going nowhere, we can't afford to keep doing what we have been doing, we cant play the same abuja-london-duara politics with the same abuja-london-duara players and expect a different result. We have seen his best, nothing meaningful, no change , its all a farce.

What has this government proposed, & done successfully with any meaningful impact to change the trajectory of this nation for the better as of today

PHILipu1:

Wow.
It's funny you are comparing Nigeria to American that their democracy didn't start today and you are also comparing Nigeria to mushroom countries like Ghana and Angola that many states are bigger than.

But one thing you can not take away from this countries that you mentioned above is that they don't have opposition party like PDP that will have in Nigeria.

In this countries, when parties lose election in this countries you mentioned,they come together and put their hands together to help the party that won to move their country forward.

But what we have here is PDP playing opposition of pulling down the government in power.

You guys will wail why is this like that and when the present government give you guys reasons why it is like that,you guys will tag it blame game.

Is the present government just suppose to accept all facts that it caused the present mess when statistics and figures showed that 16 years of PDP bad governance contributed a lot to it?

If you guys don't want this government to talk and blame you guys for all this mess,then your party ought to shameless keep quiet and stop disturbing us with Buhari 3 years if your PDP don't want people to talk about it's own 16 years of bad governance.

Everything will are experiencing today is as a result of many years of bad governance which your party contributed majority of it.
Re: Gridlock Holds Passengers Hostage For 72 Hours In Kogi by PastorAji(m): 5:24pm On Aug 27, 2018
frowland:

That's normal agreed, but 72hrs for 6km journey? Common! Okay let me break it down as a layman for m0rons who still argue this. A snail moves at an average speed of 0.045km/hr. Now based on OPs assertion of 6km/72hrs =0.08km/hr, it means a snail moving toward same direction with a car at the hold up, will get to the destination with just 5hrs difference with the car! That's surely a huge joke.
Those Dangote Cement trucks, Fuel trailers and others will break down and that portion of road is a big let down for a federal government
Re: Gridlock Holds Passengers Hostage For 72 Hours In Kogi by Tonimordred(m): 5:28pm On Aug 27, 2018
unohbethel:
lol lol
werey guy
na so my guy
Re: Gridlock Holds Passengers Hostage For 72 Hours In Kogi by Pro2makx(m): 7:29pm On Aug 27, 2018
Till now the holdup is still there. I have been expecting a consignment from lagos since Saturday, they got to okene since yesterday Sunday morning. Just to drop off my stuff for me at Lokoja since yesterday is war. As I am telling you, this is 7:25pm on Monday, the driver has only been able to move from total filling station to nagazi before FCE Okene. Even me don't tire to dey wait. I so pity the ones that have remained in okene since yesterday or even Saturday.
Re: Gridlock Holds Passengers Hostage For 72 Hours In Kogi by Pro2makx(m): 7:35pm On Aug 27, 2018
Till now the holdup is still there. I have been expecting a consignment from lagos since Saturday, they got to okene since yesterday Sunday morning. Just to drop off my stuff for me at Lokoja since yesterday is war. As I am telling you, this is 7:25pm on Monday, the driver has only been able to move from total filling station to nagazi before FCE Okene. Even me don't tire to dey wait. I so pity the ones that have remained in okene since yesterday or even Saturday. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bullion Van In Lafia Kills 2, Injures JAMB Candidates (Photo) / Planning To Relocate To Turkey / COVID-19: FG Places travel Restrictions On Another 100 Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.